Page 12 of 151 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    As I said in a post some pages back I recently got my motorcycle license after going through the MSF course and now it's time to buy a cycle. I couldn't decide whether I wanted new or used or what type. My choices were cruiser, sport touring, or standard. After switching my mind for the 1000th time I finally figured that price and size are my biggest factors so I bought a 2004 Suzuki GZ250. This little guy fit the bill on both counts. It's definitely a beginner's bike and seeing as how I'm a beginner that's ok. The biggest plus was the price. I didn't have to take a loan or drain my savings.

Here it is and of coarse my dog has to be in the picture. Damn she's a photo slut.

just took a moto safety course, finally got legally licensed, insured my bike, and resurrected it from the dead last night (it'd been sitting in outside storage for over a year). Forgot how much FUN it is to ride!!!

now it needs a whole lot of work to restore it, the elements were hard on it. I have my work cut out for me.

Ride Report - Mirror Lake Scenic Byway, Utah/Wyoming 07-29-06

Rider(s): boarderline
    Date: 7-29-06
    Door to door distance: ~260 miles

Map:

I decided to take a first-time motorcycle ride on the Mirror Lake Scenic Byway yesterday from Kamas, UT to Evanston, WY. The views were outstanding and I can't think of a better way to see them than on a motorcycle.

Pics:

Provo River Falls:

Butterfly Lake:

This thing is just so much fun to ride:

Bald Mountain:

The road gets pretty high here:

Lily Lake:

SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Nice Work! I'm jealous.

Well shit, I guess I better take a camera this weekend on my way to Frozen's pad.

Possible TR to come, if I can rememeber.

Boarderline, wish you were closer. Nice ride!
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy
    Well shit, I guess I better take a camera this weekend on my way to Frozen's pad.

Possible TR to come, if I can rememeber.

Boarderline, wish you were closer. Nice ride!
    Well, I've been meaning to take a ride up through Logan Canyon to Bear Lake...you in?
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by boarderline
    Well, I've been meaning to take a ride up through Logan Canyon to Bear Lake...you in?

Just has to be on a weekend. I have a killer route. It even goes all the way around the lake. We can come out in Idaho though a different canyon as well.

Let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy
    Just has to be on a weekend. I have a killer route. It even goes all the way around the lake. We can come out in Idaho though a different canyon as well.

Let me know!
    Sweet! How does the weekend of August 19 or 20th sound? Or later? I'm getting the bike tuned up with some new parts (chain, sprockets, new filters, brake pads) on the 18th, so I'm good to go after that.
    Last edited by boarderline; 07-31-2006 at 06:06 PM.
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

2 year update:

my house is less fun to occupy than my motorcycles were to ride.

that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan
    2 year update:

my house is less fun to occupy than my motorcycles were to ride.

that is all.
    What happened to your bikes?
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Damn the suspense.

Thumbs up

Sweet! How does the weekend of August 19 or 20th sound? Or later? I'm getting the bike tuned up with some new parts (chain, sprockets, new filters, brake pads) on the 18th, so I'm good to go after that.
    That could work. Pm me when it is closer.

Sold a buell and a CR500 to make down payment on house.

I have a shitty, embarrassing XS650 now. I'm dying to buy another decent bike but money is tight.

getting high in the ruby mountains bitches

]

i schmoozed with paris dakar racer scott hardin

she's a sweatheart

Nice moto stoke!
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Kansas - First Of The Rectangle States

Quote Originally Posted by Theodore
    hehehehe....
    “It became apparent to us that some other company wanted to upstage us with a 1400cc bike. That just would not fly. We need to place ourselves back on top.”
    Damn you, Kawasaki!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Theodore
    Holy $%$#$:

The new Hayabusa will be available in dealers in May and will have an MSRP of $12,450. Top speed will be production-limited at 186 mph which can actually be reached in fifth gear of its six-speed gearbox. The new Hayabusa is also available with an optional supercharger, boosting its power output to 570 hp. The Hayabusa 1500SC will have the highest output of any production motorcycle by a large margin.
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Actually, if you look at it, I don't see how that can be... Adding a supercharger isn't going to boost performance that much. Turbo maybe, but not a supercharger. How in the hell can their lawyers let them do this, that thing would be death on wheels!
    Kansas - First Of The Rectangle States

I bet Roethelsberger buys the first one...and still doesn't wear a helmet

Quote Originally Posted by mookie blaylock

I love those style of motorcycles. Would be perfect for riding around my cottage, but couldn't spend the money necessary for something like that.

I coworker claims that cycle only gets about 28mpg. Is that accurate?

38 -40 @ 75 mph,,,in the dirt with tire spinning closer to 30 -200 mile range

my st00pid moto is leaking gas, badly.

It's either my carburators, or I fucked up my reservoir selection lever. Gas drip-drip-dripping out of my drain mast/bottom of the bike...

so back to the shop she goes, oh well, maybe it's due for some tuneups too.

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Thumbs up TR: Cove, UT to Victor, ID

Date: Saturday/Sunday, August 5-6, 2006
    Riders: Buzzworthy, 5 flies, 1 bee, and 95+ unknown splats on the windshield
    Miles Ridden: 398.4
    Route: Idaho 34, 89, 26, 31
    Destination: Frozenwater's Place

Wife and child are out of town so I decided to take advantage and go see a good friend of mine and his family for the weekend. Since the weather has been so nice around these parts, the ride was taken via the 1100.

Friday night, packed, ready to go, yet planned poorly and should have left right after work. Thus this sat till Saturday AM and off I go.

It was sunny and barely a cloud in the sky. I decided the leather jacket was not going to be needed off the bat, so I bungied it. 10 miles in, jacket on. It was cool enough to be very comfortable and the bugs were already out. Nothing is better than wiping bug guts of yellow, red, green and other assorted colors off your arms. Much easier to wipe, that cowhide.

I wanted to get a nice pic of the bike with a view behind, Idaho:

This is what southern Idaho looks like, for a loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg time:

BUT, this caught my eye around 10am on Saturday, August 5, 2006

SNOW!

After some long hills where I did actually wish I had more power as I had the throttle maxed and lots more collages of green, red, yellow and any other color you can think of lambasting my windshield and my leathers, it was time to take a break. Just as I pull off on a sportmans road to some lake, a nut had vibrated loose from the windshield mount, bounced off my tank in what seemed like slow motion, hit the road you see in the next picture and went bouncing into the weeds. I stopped to take a futile look for this little fucker, but to no avail. If I had found it, it was straight to the Idaho Lotto for a $208 million dollar ticket.

A bit later I pop into Star Valley to this view and more nice riding to the north:

Looking back on what I had come through so far:

So far it has been hammer down and 80 mph for a few hours but boy was it nice to head around the Palisades Lake, a good 30 minute ride around the lake that was so breathtaking I have only a few pics, I wanted to RIDE. At this point I was also ready to get to Frozen's for a cold one or 4.

So I arrive at Fred's place and what a place it is! The weather kicked ass, the ride was great and it was nice to see my buddy and his beautiful kids and wife.

We took a bit of time to bullshit and then headed out for more beer and some good mexican chow. This was to be a prelude to the evening as much tequila decided to disappear later.

So after lunch, it was time to ride some fourwheelers.
    Pissing the neighbors off good was the first highlight, then on to bigger and better things, like to the top of some freaking huge peak. Buzz"dumbass"worthy forgot to bring the camera on this outing, along with no water or backpack (um, que Fred forgetting that) but luckily thought about the camera on my phone, as AWESOME as it is.

The Tetons (camera phones suck):

We were on the boundary of the Jedediah Smith Targhee National Forest Wilderness and found this marker planted in 1998 at the top of what we thought was a really cool chute to ski off in the winter, sled accessible, at least till the boundary and then some really nice areas to skin to quick and make some laps.

We then hauled some serious ass home and during the ride, we encountered a lot of cows and a bull or two. One had largish horns that would not feel good in any part of you. "Don't fucking get killed by the bull" is all I heard and then a large dust cloud called Fred took off. We zoomed by, and I watched that facker go after Fred for a split second. Nuts.

After clean up and a few beers, it was dinnertime and steak was on the menu, with some great corn on the cob. We downed an $80 bottle of wine, proceeded into redbull vodkas, margs, and who knows what.

The last picture I can really put up here many hours into a 4-5 am night, what a gracious host :

Mine or yours! What a host, could not have asked for a better weekend!

The ride home:
    Date: August 6, 2006, I think
    Riders: Buzzworthy, Hangover and more freaking bugs
    Miles riden: Same, round trip
    Route: Same, reversed
    Destination: Bed

No pics. Stopped once. Got home. Parked bike, no unpacking, hit couch, end of TR.
    Last edited by Buzzworthy; 08-08-2006 at 03:37 PM.