Page 51 of 151 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3764
    12-30" diameter trees. i ride with a pocket chainsaw but these trees were monsters.
    My Montana has an East Infection

Here is a video from this weekend in Finland. Its a helmet cam of Mika Ahola, multi time world enduro champion, multi time overall winner of the ISDE. This shows just why he is so damn fast.

http://www.bike.fi/content/1401/
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

donky pu

that was great, i just lost 30 minutes to enduro racing. I think if it was more prevelant in the US, it would be my calling.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Just got back from riding all sorts of two wheeled vehicles in Moab. As much fun as that is, I still prefer the mountains.

Quick ride up Mineral with Guy. He's using my "loaner bike".

[IMG][/IMG]

FKNA enjoy it while it lasts.

Stansbury Front Trail. Ended up only riding a short section of single track because it was too muddy. Plenty scenic regardless.

nice 250x TH, have you ridden the MX version?

How different?

I am considering the trail version since I'm older now, but I still want a competitive bike to race MX here and there. I cannot decide if the heavier flywheel would really be something I need with years and years on a bike..

Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser View Post

How different?

I am considering the trail version since I'm older now, but I still want a competitive bike to race MX here and there. I cannot decide if the heavier flywheel would really be something I need with years and years on a bike..
    No, I haven't ridden the 250R, only the 250X. It's plenty powerful for my nancy ass........

Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser View Post

How different?

I would steer clear of the X then, the motor is super soft, especially for moto, and the suspension is even softer. Its great for a trail bike but if your going to be riding at competitive speeds on a moto track, even in the lower classes you will more then likely end up getting hurt. If you got the suspension re-sprung and valved then it would be fine but you would still be at a big power disadvantage. I'm far from a good MX rider but I have yet to ride a track in Colorado that I would think the X would be a good idea on, now if you just want to go out and mess around then it would probably be fine. But trying to be competitive is another story, even if you tell yourself your going to take it easy chances are good that you will end up pushing just a little too far and the Uber soft suspension will make you pay for that.
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

That's what I've figured....I think I could make the R work, especially seeing how I used to ride a 2 stroke 80 for a trail bike when I was a lil brat. heh.

What I wish I had the skill to build:

-their prices are really high, and it's a Buell engine - but if I had the frame building skills I would do that with a bigger thumper.

http://www.mac-motorcycles.com/story.html

Been working for the past couple months in San Fran and I've been dying to spend some time on a bike to explore the coast. My bike is back home in Seattle and even if I had it with me, a mid-70's Yamaha 650 cafe racer wouldn't exactly be appropriate for a 500 mile ride. I thought all the bike rental options were going to be for a huge BMW, Goldwing, or Harley (all rather expensive and too big for my tastes) but I found Wild West Cycle rentals...got a 650 V-Strom for about $150 day (once taxes, insurance, and luggage was all added in). Just spent two days running down the coast from SF to Morro Bay and back...what a fun stretch of road!

SOLD

If anyone in the Denver area is interested, I am selling a 2003 Honda Magna with 7,500 miles on it. It is in awesome shape and is a really solid bike with lots of extras. It is on craigslist with some pics and a link to a YouTube video.....asking $3,500. Economy sucks

thanks

SOLD
    Last edited by gretch6364; 06-30-2009 at 02:08 PM.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

has this already been posted? it looks right in place, although i'm sure the guy is not a maggot

[ame="http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=42f_1245623949"]LiveLeak.com - Crazy Guy on Motorcycle In Arches National Park, Utah.[/ame]

In case anyone in the Northeast is looking, My 06 Bonneville Cafe is for sale. I'll add some pics later but you can scroll back and see a few of my pics and modifications.

2006 Triumph Bonneville 790cc
    Airbox Removal, TOR exhaust
    custom fenders, suspension upgrades, bunch of other goodies
    ~11k miles,
    new rear tire, new brakes, new plugs
    asking $6250

pm if interested and I'll give you all the specs and pics.

Fun ride today despite the rain.

Hey tex1230,

I’m not ready to buy just yet, but how do you like that Bonneville? They are on my short list of bikes to check out when I am ready to buy. Most my trips will be short in town commutes and some trips to friends and family 100 to 125 miles away.
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRider View Post
    Hey tex1230,

I’m not ready to buy just yet, but how do you like that Bonneville? They are on my short list of bikes to check out when I am ready to buy. Most my trips will be short in town commutes and some trips to friends and family 100 to 125 miles away.
    Stock bonneville is a little underpowered and heavy with mediocre brakes and a too soft suspension. I bought it for the looks more than anything - and quickly learned the airbox/exhaust/suspension mods that make it a lot of fun.
    I don't know much about the new FI models, but I know that the real tuners who are doing impressive things with these bikes prefer the 790cc carb version (all models before 2006, Black '06 and '07) to the 835cc carb or FI.

once you upgrade the springs and open the airflow, it is a great cruising bike with enough power to have fun. Top end is a little lacking but I don't really get the opportunity to top it out very often in given the roads I ride.

as for reliability, I've had a couple of annoying oil leaks (pretty standard for a british bike) but nothing major wrong in 11k miles over a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by tex1230 View Post
    ...I've had a couple of annoying oil leaks (pretty standard for a british bike) but nothing major wrong in 11k miles over a couple years.
    A Triumph marking its territory? Unheard of!

Trackhead: The "Mineral" shots above is riding up Mineral Basin from Heber? That's gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    A Triumph marking its territory? Unheard of!
    I think they added oil leaks for authenticity

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post

Trackhead: The "Mineral" shots above is riding up Mineral Basin from Heber? That's gorgeous!
    No, Mineral Fork in BCC...........it's the only legal off-road riding in the canyon. Great place to ski too.

My '04 DR650 @ White Rim in Canyonlands

Spent May on it.. Went from Bozeman - Moab - Vegas - SanFran - Portland - Bozeman with mandatory stops in between. Only did ~30% dirt though. Making up for that back here in MT..
    Stay left.

buy this thing...i'll make you a good deal.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...=suzuki+bandit

2500 very negotiable

Well, sold the old bike and picked up a new one this weekend. Pretty happy with it so far, although it does put off a lot of heat....hoping a richer tune from factory, new exhaust, and an oil cooler will help. I wasn't sure about buying a touring bike at 27 years old, but the more I looked and test drove different bikes and thought about what I wanted to use it for (long weekend camping/fishing trips), the more it made sense.

"We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

greatch, that is a BEAUTIFUL bike!!!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?