Page 45 of 151 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 3756
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlyWood View Post
    give me a fkn break... a four hundred mile round trip this weekend with the purpose of getting from point A to Point B and back. I don't give a fuck that you've also your legs straddled around some fkn pistons. Every goddamn mile I've got some moron waving... Jeezus Christ.
    Yeah, I feel the same way. When I'm out and about, people are like "how are you"?

And I'm like, "fuck you"......like everybody is being polite, nice and shit. Fuck'em.

does anyone have any thoughts on the Triumph Street Triple 675?
    Im looking for a bike for a year or 2 down the line, so ill be getting whats new now in 1 or 2 years.
    Just a beginners sport bike, nothing too big. Im well aware that I need to start out small. So I might go with something smaller like a 500 then upgrade. Dont know yet

thoughts?
    Live

I just gotta chime in here and say that Harley's are FUCKING GAY.

If you can't go fast, you might as well be noisy.
    [X] Grind on the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens View Post
    Yeah, I feel the same way. When I'm out and about, people are like "how are you"?

And I'm like, "fuck you"......like everybody is being polite, nice and shit. Fuck'em.
    Yeah and it's not like you're mean, they're just fuck'n sissies.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

HEY LOOK!
    IT'S ANOTHER GUY ON A BIKE!!

:-))

Quote Originally Posted by skiingsamurai View Post
    Im looking for a bike for a year or 2 down the line, so ill be getting whats new now in 1 or 2 years.
    Just a beginners sport bike, nothing too big. Im well aware that I need to start out small. So I might go with something smaller like a 500 then upgrade. Dont know yet

thoughts?
    Start test riding bikes now, then you will know exactly what to look for.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

HEY LOOK!

I can understand the vent EW, even if you did take it way too far. Most day I’m in a good mood and I only see s few bikes to and from work. Every once and a while though, it seems like every time your about to change gears someone is waving. I always wave, even if it is a false brotherhood.
    “I will give you a million Stanly nickels if I never have to talk to you again.”

too far as in "every mile some moron ..."? granted.
    scenario:
    occasionally giving acknowledgment by removing hand from bar, sometimes I do this
    to
    occasionally throwing a couple fingers from bar
    to
    the head nod ( you can't see my head nod??)
    to
    having had arm resting on lap anyway requiring little effort, giving the wiggly finger wave to a line of 30 some bikes
    to
    just shaking my head

(don't get me wrong, I was in a great mood, one of the more beautiful and comfortable rides I can remember)

thoughts?
    Not to stir up the hornets nest again...but the street triple is not really an ideal beginner's bike. very light, very twitchy throttle. It is a stunt bike in mellower clothing. If this is going to be your first street bike ever, I would suggest something like 250 or 500 ninja, or a small cruiser. buy it used, ride it for 6 months just to get comfortable with traffic, weather, etc, then get what really want. Also - not too many street trips making it to the states yet (my local dealer got 2 this year, both pre-sold) so you may have a hard time finding a used one in good condition...
    Just my 2 cts

yeah, I was thinking 675 was a little big for a beginner. Ill probably do as you said, get a small used bike to learn on. Im just doing research. I dont want to be on a bike thats going to eat me alive.

im not the moron kid at the dealership with a still wet liscense looking at a 'busa

if im going to kill myself doign something fun, a bike aint gonna be it
    Live

yeah, I was thinking 675 was a little big for a beginner. Ill probably do as you said, get a small used bike to learn on. Im just doing research. I dont want to be on a bike thats going to eat me alive.

im not the moron kid at the dealership with a still wet liscense looking at a 'busa

if im going to kill myself doign something fun, a bike aint gonna be it
    If you don't have a dirt-bike background, the odds say you Will drop your first bike. Probably just in the parking lot, but still, it'll go down.

That's why it makes sense to avoid buying a new bike as your first: Less $$$ when you drop it.

And a mellower bike (generally in terms of power) will definitely be more forgiving of rider mistakes/roughness. Same idea as a more forgiving ski, basically.

Sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders. A Ninja 500 i what I recommend to just about any beginning riders. It will generally handle better and have better brakes than smaller displacement cruisers/standards.

On a different note: Did you guys know you can square off corners on the street by powersliding the back tire over painted street/crosswalk lines? So irresponsible yet so fun.
    vapor lock - bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by phUnk View Post
    If you don't have a dirt-bike background, the odds say you Will drop your first bike. Probably just in the parking lot, but still, it'll go down.

That's why it makes sense to avoid buying a new bike as your first: Less $$$ when you drop it.

And a mellower bike (generally in terms of power) will definitely be more forgiving of rider mistakes/roughness. Same idea as a more forgiving ski, basically.

Sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders. A Ninja 500 i what I recommend to just about any beginning riders. It will generally handle better and have better brakes than smaller displacement cruisers/standards.
    also check out the buell blast. great beginner bike and lots of the msf bike instruction schools use them. you will outgrow it pretty fast, but they can often be found used for a couple grand and can be easily sold for the same reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by phUnk View Post
    On a different note: Did you guys know you can square off corners on the street by powersliding the back tire over painted street/crosswalk lines? So irresponsible yet so fun.
    i did know that. unfortunately i discovered it by accident with cold tires. good thing i had clean drawers at work. the city of bozeman put in colored concrete cross walks that have a pretty slippery finish and is good for the same thing.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

HEY LOOK!

Hah, yeah try riding around with rally in town. People did start giving up eventually, by late afternoon it was down the nod mostly.

Here are some pics from the Mad River rally last weekend...

There were a couple harley's there

Only $32k!

'spensive paint job there

Uhhh, guess you can't lean to far forward?

Indeed

The latest creation from Bombardier

Classic

Scottish games

Chicks throwing heavy things

..and chicks pulling heavy things

Obligatory dyno booth..

UT -> OR via R6

I'll be working in Oregon for a couple of months this summer, so I decided a road trip was in order. Changed the oil in the R6, ordered new tires to meet me in the bay area, and set out across the desert. I left in the evening and made it as far as Ely, NV the first day. Camped (probably illegally) in a sketchy spot just outside of town, and got on the road early the next morning. Destination: Lake Tahoe. I'd made plans to stay with friends for 4th of July weekend. As I rolled into Fallon I hit a wall of smoke, making me think Tahoe would be even worse. Given that half of CA is on fire, this was not unexpected, just disappointing. However, as I turned onto 431 and headed up Mt. Rose, everything cleared up nicely. The Tahoe basin was only slightly hazy. Opened her up on the way up the pass until I saw a motorcycle cop going the other way. He gave me a patient nod instead of pulling me over, but I decided not to push my luck. Law enforcement was everywhere for the holiday weekend. Got into Tahoe City just after noon (crossing the desert goes quickly when you're keeping the speedo in the triple digits most of the way) and made my way to the beach. Crystal blue water, perfect temps, and crisp mountain air; why the fuck do I live in Moab?

The next day headed out on a circuit of the lake. Had a good time despite traffic and ate a tasty burrito at Jalisco in South Lake (not to be confused with crappy ass Tacos Jalisco in Truckee, boo!). A bunch more friends rolled into town for the holiday and much drinking ensued, which meant the bike didn't get ridden (I have a personal zero tolerance policy for drinking and riding). After my hangover wore off and Tahoe emptied it's bowels of tourons I headed for the bay. Had an appointment to get the new shoes thrown on, then spent a day riding around the city and down to Santa Cruz to break 'em in. Next day it was time to get on the road. I headed across the Golden Gate and onto Highway 1, where the fun began.

The section from Marin to Stinson Beach is quite fun on a sport bike. I recommend it. A couple more twisty sections on the way north kept things interesting, but overall I was a little disappointed. There were more flat, open sections than I anticipated, but beautiful scenery and awesome weather.

I rolled into Ft. Bragg in the early evening and while I was stopped for gas I ended up in a conversation with a local motorcyclist. He asked where I was headed. I told him North, and that the trip had been enjoyable so far, with some good riding in spots. He told me things were going to get better. Given that there were only 40 miles or so left of Highway 1, I had my doubts, but I was wrong. Let me state right here that the section of 1 between the coast and 101 is the best road I have ever ridden. Perfect linked turns through thick coastal forests on clean, smooth pavement. If it hadn't been the end of a long day of riding I would have gone back and ridden it again. I plan to go back and ride laps on it someday. It's that good. Given that I was tired and had a lot of miles ahead of me, I kept on heading north through the redwoods. Now I know where George Lucas got the idea for the speeder bikes in the forest of Endor.

Made it to Arcata for dinner and let it get dark while I ate. Meaning I had to look for a camping spot in the dark. Now see, being a dirtbag and coming from an area with tons of free camping I have an aversion to paying for camping. The problem was that there is pretty much zero public land in the immediate vicinity of Arcata (at least along the 101 corridor). So after an hour of fruitless searching I ended up sleeping behind the post office in a little town called Trinidad. Right next to a trailer park. Sketchy (Altough not as sketchy as the time I camped in a vacant lot IN a trailer park in Eagle Pass, Texas, but that's another story). Woke up in the morning to my sleeping bag soaking wet from dew. Perfect. After waiting around for everything to dry in the sun for a couple of hours I got on my way again. Again I ended up a little disappointed in the riding, but the scenery was gorgeous.

I just had to relax and enjoy the view.

Crossed the border into Oregon, and fell into a rythm of riding, stopping to shoot a few photos, then riding some more.

One perfect little bay after another.

Made it as far as Winchester Bay, where I spent the night in another sketchy spot. A relaxed pace on the final day brought me into Salem in the early afternoon. Total mileage: 2104. A few weeks of physical therapy will get rid of the carpal tunnel and back spasms and I'll be right as rain.
    Last edited by Big Blue; 07-14-2008 at 09:34 PM.

Excellent ride Blue! I've done Hwy 1 a bunch of times growing up but not on a motorcycle... yet. Thanks for the TR. I'm headed to PDX next week on the Kingpin and will try to remember to photo document as much as I can.
    Fightin' to save the motherfucking day...

Quote Originally Posted by milton View Post
    Here are some pics from the Mad River rally last weekend...

The latest creation from Bombardier
    quite a few of these on the road

I. do. not. fucking. understand.

quite a few of these on the road

I. do. not. fucking. understand.
    chick's dig riding 'em apparently. Can't hurt to start out with training wheels instead of a 1200cc harley.

I'd be impressed to see one of these out on snows or studs though.
    To the Thingmajigger!

the snow blades of motorcycling. whatever..

do these guys get the "salute"

do these guys give the salute
    :-)))))
    Last edited by EarlyWood; 07-16-2008 at 07:22 PM. Reason: the salute?

the snow blades of motorcycling. whatever..

do these guys get the "salute"

do these guys give the salute
    :-)))))
    My wife and I ride a pair of these and the great thing is, they are so smooth you can easily ride one handed, so we are free to wave hello to all passing bikers!

With the ski attachment, we can also ride up Tuckermans and avoid the backaches of carrying our gear... It also makes lugging kegs up to the headwall a breeze!
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

way too much info BD
    ;-))

alright... to each his own

(but I'm drawing the salute line right there:-))

Just phishing for the fraturnal salute... Once you hit 50, that third wheel gives you a real sense of security, though.

not buying it...
    i gave ya shit about that boot cuff thing, ya had to know I'd give ya shit about this..

I rode for ten years, but you'll never see me on something with three wheels (unless my truck throws a tire). It's been a while (my last bike was a Yamaha Seca 750), but now that the "camp" is up and running, I'm thinking a nice off road machine would be fun. A friend/neighbor just rebuilt his Honda xl350, so I have a built-in biking buddy, too. I'd probably use it to just tool around the back and secondary roads and not too much in the wilderness. Any suggestions or know of any decent used machines?

PS- That boot cuff thing is just something left over from my biking days.... ummmm, yeah, that's it...

Great thread.Just got my bike from the ex`s house so now I can ride....
    Honda XRL 650

Time to go ride to a patch and ski.
    Last edited by TWINS; 07-21-2008 at 10:25 PM.

New Bike

I haven't posted here much, but am stoked to see the variety of motorcycles that other people get off on. Here's my latest one on a quick trip to Chaco Canyon, NM in April:

Grrrrrrr.... I can't seem to get the image to work. It's hosted on Smugmug and I have the link to the image, but no dice...