Page 43 of 151 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 3764
    Another vote for the SV 650, sweet bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers
    That's how the plague started back in the day...from a little disgusting bird bath in someones back yard that rats made sex to birds in and created a whole new type of AIDS

Quote Originally Posted by tex1230 View Post
    good job signing up for the rider course. I'm well aware there are a lot of people who will disagree, but I think it should be mandatory for anyone trying to get a bike license.
    Second.

I see way too many people that just don’t know what they’re doing. Having a controlled and “safe” environment to practice safety maneuvers like swerving, quick stops and running over things is very important. My instructors really knew their stuff.

Last week on two separate occasions I saw someone having trouble starting/pulling out into traffic, with a kid on the back!
    “I will give you a million Stanly nickels if I never have to talk to you again.”

My 02 SV650S (She's for Sale):

Nice bike Chad. Just and FYI, 2003 was the first year to use fuel injection. The earlier years were carbed

Street legal KLX 300 w/pipe, 36mm pumper carb, and suspension mods. Cams and big bore kit will happen next.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

Regarding the AMA and World Superbike races this weekend, I'll be hanging out on Saturday(and Saturday night) and Sunday at Miller, trackside with my RV(some of us will have our children so bring em if you got em), then doing a trackday on Monday with some buddies. A bunch of friends(and skiers) are gonna swing by both days and hopefully we'll be partying into Saturday night. If anyone wants to come by, the trailer is going to be parked right by the turn 5 hairpin, which is on the southwest part of the track. It's white and long and says Open Road on it.

Thumbs up

BIKE STOKE THREAD!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSS!

Some more stokage for my other "lean and carve" sport... My '06 Gixxer 750. 350lbs, 150hp, & 15k redline. Top speed so far- 176mph. I'd go faster, but I don't know if I can hang onto the fucker any faster than that. Dammit, she's so sexy! I have put 5k miles on 'er since the beginning of last season, and I ride whenever it's not raining and I don't need more than a backpack's worth of shit. All I've done so far is lower it 2.5", but I've got some other mods that will find their way on 'er as soon as I stop spending money I don't have on ski stuff. Any Northeast riders, I'd love to hook up for a nice long rip through the hills so don't be scurred, PM me and we'll turn some tires!

how many are riding a little more than usual to save gas?

I'd bet I'll do 2500+ miles just commuting this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    The SV650 is injected so needs no adjusting
    IIRC that's true for '03 and later models. Mine's an '01 and it's isn't.
    We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open.

WORD. I've been riding as much as possible, it's way cheaper, you get there faster and it's far more enjoyable than driving some big hotbox. If I take it easy a $13 fill-up will last me 3-4 days. Huge!

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    BIKE STOKE THREAD!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSS!

Some more stokage for my other "lean and carve" sport... My '06 Gixxer 750. 350lbs, 150hp, & 15k redline. Top speed so far- 176mph. I'd go faster, but I don't know if I can hang onto the fucker any faster than that.
    Nice bike dood. They're quick and handle amazingly well, don't they?

Hope your hi-speed hijinks are on the track cause otherwise it's a great way to shorten your lifespan when something unexpected happens at speed on a public road. You don't have speed limits, cops/reckless driving tickets/bike impounds/jail time, potholes, deer, people driving 2+ ton SUVs while drinking a latte and texting on their cellphones etc etc while on the track.
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Thanks, man... I love 'er and yes, I think she's perfect. If my bike had a vagina, I'd marry it right now.

Yes, I keep the hijinx to a minimum and I ride with full gear all summer long cuz I like all my limbs and skin and breathing is cool with me. I am overly careful always. I get my balls busted all the time about it. Yes I'm hot in this jacket, but I like my skin- it's awesome. It's a rare sportbike rider that doesn't open it up at least once in a while though, y'know, just to see what she's got...

A little anti-stoke, courtesy of my last bike- an '04 gixxer 750... (why I'm paranoid and constantly feel like other drivers are going to kill me if I let them)

I got T-boned on my last bike by- get this- my freakin' favorite college professor IN the school parking lot... Doc pulled out from a side lot without looking and she gave me just enough time to kick my leg up before she plowed me onto the lawn, cracking both sides of my motor, bending the frame and forks, etc. etc. Bike totaled. Anti-stoke. Good news is I was ok, and the wicked hot girl I was trying to talk to in the class I was just leaving saw everything, helped me up, and I ended up hooking up with her that night after a whole bunch of "Thank God I'm walking" drinks. Stokeage!

Quote Originally Posted by fez View Post
    ...right now i have a beater '86 honda interceptor 500 that has such bad brakes...
    I'm looking at a 1985 Interceptor VF500 this weekend. What should I look for that might fall under the 'fail' category?

http://burlington.craigslist.org/mcy/644664824.html
    To the Thingmajigger!

Ditto.......

Quote Originally Posted by milton View Post
    I'm looking at a 1985 Interceptor VF500 this weekend. What should I look for that might fall under the 'fail' category?
    check the brake rotors, look for gouging. bounce the suspension, see if it pogos or is there rebound damping. i'd also try and look at it first thing in the morning and ask them to not start it before you get there. see how it starts cold.

there isnt really much you can check without having a mechanic look it over, but if you have the ability a compression check is always a good idea. unless you are good at hunting down parts and like working on bikes a bike that old is a sketchy proposition.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

My CBR1000 gets twice the mileage of my truck, but overall I'd say the speeding tickets balance the numbers out pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by milton View Post

http://burlington.craigslist.org/mcy/644664824.html
    Sweet. I had one just like it.

MF

Nice scooters here everyone...but not enough dirtbikes...
    Here is my little French number (Sherco makes their enduro bikes in the old HRD factory in Nimes, France with the original employees who made Euro-enduro ready HRD CREs, YZEs...etc.) for summertime....no road-scraping for me...I like the trees better..

[click here for a LARGER image]
    Mass-Produced Skiers Use Mass-Produced Skis
    Rip it up with something different.
    Support small and independent ski builders
    http://www.ExoticSkis.com

I just went up to Montana Sunday to pick up my wife. Then she carried me across Montana, and back home into Wyoming. I get to reverse the trip next week, going back home for my sisters wedding. I am in love, hehehe.
    backcountry makes my wee wee tingle...
    "What was once a mighty river. Now a ghost." Edward Abbey
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    It's not wyoming...it's Jackson.
    Different rules apply.
    My Adventures

"Feeling good is good enough."

I thought I was a jackrabbit today in the woods until I saw this in my email... Erzberg kills.

okbye
    Last edited by RaccoonFace; 06-16-2008 at 11:08 PM.
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

i heart my yamaha......... unfortunately selling it to finance the new DH bike-
    LMK if anyone is interested. 2200 bones takes it and it's pretty much immaculate. some upgrades- new washougal sticky front tire, handguards, oversized bar etc.
    I'm headed down to SLC next week too so can deliver to any salt lick mags.
    Last edited by b-bear; 06-19-2008 at 01:17 PM.

Anyone interested in a ride from the evening of July 2 through July 6th? Leaving from Denver. Any suggestions for a good four and a half day ride with decent camping and maybe some fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by baby bear View Post
    i heart my yamaha......... unfortunately selling it to finance the new DH bike-
    LMK if anyone is interested. 2200 bones takes it and it's pretty much immaculate. some upgrades- new washougal sticky front tire, handguards, oversized bar etc.
    I'm headed down to SLC next week too so can deliver to any salt lick mags.
    Crazy a Pimped out DH bike like a demo 8 can cost as much as a brand new yz 250. Keep the dirt bike put a plate on it and save a ton in gas. probably spend less than 30.00 per month on fuel for my DR 250
    It’s the places you ride that are special, not you riding there.”

All stunts performed without a net!

SO stoked...

I've been riding this guy around:

2002 1200 Sportster!

Stoke...

Who wants to go ride???

Repost, but it's been a while:

Puch 175 SV, built in 1954 (yes, the beauty is 54 years old!)

Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)