Page 41 of 151 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 3764
    just spent 4 days in andalusia (malaga-ronda-granada-cordoba) on a rented BMW R1200R with my wife. Amazing places, amazing roads, one of the best experience I've had on a bike. Strongly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by YardDog313 View Post
    Oh and if anyone has any questions relating to Harleys
    Like why someone would buy a 650lb 62hp bike for $16,000?

i saw an awesome Thruxton on the road yes text. Nice bikes.

hey Tex, are those sliders down on the lower cases? nice looker!

Thanks - yes they are LSL sliders

Here's my SV...and what happens when one falls off of said SV.

I am going to go out tonight. Weather is great!

Yesterday was pretty nice in the am.

Yesterday was pretty close to perfect riding weather. Then again, maybe I didn't care what the weather was like because I was having too much fun on this:

Fightin' to save the motherfucking day...

Test drove the Victory Vegas 8 Ball today. Wow, tons of power and the overdrive was great to have. It really changed my perception. I am truly a fan now, plus the free tee is sweet.

This made me laugh:
    http://www.newsweek.com/id/135610?GT1=43002
    A Long Island man who flipped his finger at a police cruiser and then popped a wheelie on his motorcycle is recovering from injuries after crashing.
    Suffolk County Police said Frank Patti, 26, of West Islip, rode by the police car at a service station in Copiague at 7:30 p.m. Sunday. Police say Patti made an obscene gesture to two officers in the car, popped a wheelie and then sped away.
    Police gave chase.
    When the motorcycle turned into a parking lot it crashed into a police car that had joined the chase.
    Police said Patti was treated for minor injuries at Southside Hospital. He's charged with fleeing police, resisting arrest and several traffic violations.
    He was being held for arraignment Monday. Police did not know if he had an attorney.
    Last edited by Mr. Belvedere; 05-06-2008 at 01:54 PM.
    “I will give you a million Stanly nickels if I never have to talk to you again.”

Sweet bike Fartbag. Has anyone here ever rode up to Sturgis? I want to ride up Thursday August 7th for the weekend of the Bike Week. Anyone interested? Would be leaving from Denver.

All the guys I normally ride with have sport bikes and are not really interested in going.

Hey Mr. Belbedere,

Isn't it illegal for the police to chase motorcylces in alot of states? I thought I remembered hearing about a change in laws in PA when I was in highschool and I have been told they are not aloud to get involved in a highspeed chase in Colorado.

I think it is for safety reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by tex1230 View Post
    Like why someone would buy a 650lb 62hp bike for $16,000?

The aesthetics? I dunno. I'm a fan of all bikes but I bought the V-Rod because I loved the look and the way the bike handles. Kinda like sitting on a really fast lawn chair. That and I don't like it when my nuts get twisted and shit on long rides.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Hey Mr. Belbedere,

Isn't it illegal for the police to chase motorcylces in alot of states? I thought I remembered hearing about a change in laws in PA when I was in highschool and I have been told they are not aloud to get involved in a highspeed chase in Colorado.

I think it is for safety reasons.
    Apparently not in New York. Not sure where I live, I have never been chased on my bike and have never given the police a reason to chase me. I love that the story indicates that the police were hanging out and the dude on the bike passes, flips the bird then wheelies off. That guy has balls!
    “I will give you a million Stanly nickels if I never have to talk to you again.”

The aesthetics? I dunno. I'm a fan of all bikes but I bought the V-Rod because I loved the look and the way the bike handles. Kinda like sitting on a really fast lawn chair. That and I don't like it when my nuts get twisted and shit on long rides.
    Handles. Really.

That raked out front end is designed to do one thing - go straight. Harley should let Erik Buell build a real motorcycle around that Porsche motor.

Just a little ribbing...
    and the V-rod is the only harley I'd consider other than a full dress Ultra Classic...

I would love to have a full dress Road King Classic. If I was rich I would have one and I would also have a Ducati 848.

That would be fucking sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by FartBag Commando View Post
    Yesterday was pretty close to perfect riding weather. Then again, maybe I didn't care what the weather was like because I was having too much fun on this:

Homer drool........nice ride man! Congrats!

What did PGP get?

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    I would love to have a full dress Road King Classic.
    I had the same thought as well until I took the test drive on the Kingpin Tour. A few hours later the cool folks at SLC HD let me take a Road King out. I wanted to like it more but the Kingpin was just sooo much better (for me).

Sounds like Mr. Belvedere took the time to go for a free test ride on one of the Vics and loved it. I'd seriously recommend any motorcycle enthusiast do the same just to see how another the Vics feel. Plus you get to add a t-shirt to the collection.

Gretch, I wish I could make the ride to Sturgis but if I go anywhere in early August it's gonna be to Chicago and Lollapalooza. We need to get serious about some sort of ride. I like the idea of heading towards Moab and as I mentioned before, I have designs on a road trip to Portland for the International Beer Festival.
    Fightin' to save the motherfucking day...

I am pretty sure that there are better bikes out there for the money at pretty much every level that Harley builds....but I would get the Road King so I could join the club and look cool. But like I said..I would also need to be able to afford something like a Ducati that is actually fun to ride through the twisties.

Motorcycles are like skis....you always need more than one and there isn't just one bike that is the best for all conditions.

I am down for meeting up in Moab and riding throughout Utah and the San Juans in Colorado. It would be a sweet weekend.

What if we all met up the evening of June 20th somewhere around Moab for some camping and beer drinking....maybe some brats with bacon Then we could ride Saturday around Utah and those of us from Denver could take the long way home through the San Juan Range?

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Handles. Really.

That raked out front end is designed to do one thing - go straight. Harley should let Erik Buell build a real motorcycle around that Porsche motor.
    Actually, yeah it handles really well for a cruiser. I live in the Adirondacks and I have a blast ripping around on the back roads around here. As far as Buell building a bike out of the motor, I'm all for it but he needs to iron out some bugs with the bikes he's already producing before he gets his hands on the VSRC motor.

Hah, no worries tex, I think I can handle a little ribbing

Buell won't bother with the VSRC, they have the Helicon
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

Actually, yeah it handles really well for a cruiser.
    That's not saying much, but I agree. The best handling Harley there is. Still, it's not designed for twisty roads.
    I live in the Adirondacks and I have a blast ripping around on the back roads around here.
    If that's the riding you like then you would soil yourself with any Naked bike - be it a Ducati, Kawasaki, Triumph, or Buell. No more dragging the pegs.
    As far as Buell building a bike out of the motor, I'm all for it but he needs to iron out some bugs with the bikes he's already producing before he gets his hands on the VSRC motor.
    As a Buell owner I agree - he needs to get rid of that POS Harley transmission. That said, as long as you don't shift much (and you don't have to, since my '98 M2 has more torque even than your V-Rod) they are absolutely designed for the kind of riding you like.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of the V-rod. It's about time the Motor Company entered the modern era with a well-performing watercooled v-twin. I just wish they'd have gone with the rake of the Road King or even Fat boy and raised the bike a couple inches. It would be far friendlier for turning.

I wouldnt mind seeing the transmission go. I've missed a shifts before because of how slow and clunky it is. but i rather like the aircooled twin. easier maintenance, lighter, and i love the way people's heads turn when it looks like a sport bike, but sounds like a harley.

i haven't heard any rumors of the 1125r motor getting into any naked bikes, but i bet it will happen eventually.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    That's not saying much, but I agree. The best handling Harley there is. Still, it's not designed for twisty roads. If that's the riding you like then you would soil yourself with any Naked bike - be it a Ducati, Kawasaki, Triumph, or Buell. No more dragging the pegs. As a Buell owner I agree - he needs to get rid of that POS Harley transmission. That said, as long as you don't shift much (and you don't have to, since my '98 M2 has more torque even than your V-Rod) they are absolutely designed for the kind of riding you like.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of the V-rod. It's about time the Motor Company entered the modern era with a well-performing watercooled v-twin. I just wish they'd have gone with the rake of the Road King or even Fat boy and raised the bike a couple inches. It would be far friendlier for turning.
    Isn't that what they did with the "street rod" and "night rod"? They took the v-rod and gave it a less restrictive exhaust and less rake....I think.

I doubt anyone will argue about cruisers handling better than a naked or sport bike, but on the other side, I would much rather be on my Magna on a day long ride than on a sport bike. I have never road the v-rod, but I think the Magna handles well enough to be fun in the twisties.

But...the ideal situation would be to have one of each and a muscle bike (such a the v-rod or Magna)

That way, you could cruise, chase local canyons, and semi-cruise and semi-chase far away canyons.