Page 56 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 3764
    That sucks about Buell...

Some nice riding whether today and the next two days in the Denver area...high of 77 Sunday and Monday...get out and enjoy it...who knows when the next window of good riding weather will come...I am sure it won't be long though..this is after all, Denver
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

yeah th...those big thumpers rip!

trustworthy mechanicals too, adventure machines...

that's a really nice rig

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    god fucking dammit that's one of the things that kept me going here!

fuck

I always saw that bright yellow showroom xbr at the end of all this. god dammit.
    Buells are weak if youve ridden anything else in a comparable class... thats MY opinion...

There has been no machine I've ever ridden that compared in raw emotional gut feel to my 98 S1W. I don't think there is another machine that compares to the XB in terms of torque+[sounding like a motorcycle should sound]+being very quick side to side+being very balanced+being very durable and mechanically simple+looking good+being reasonably priced+being made by American Humans in Wisconsin+not having the same bike as the other 1000 douchebag "sportbike" fags on cookie-cutter japanese pieces of shit that look like ass and sound like a vacuum cleaner and need to be at 8000 rpms to make any power.

that's my opinion.

Did a fun and easy 310 mile loop (260 dirt-50 slab) in the West Desert today. More pics and blabber here.

Started here.

Went by this.

Did plenty of this.

Had fun here.

Didn't have fun here.

Ran out of gas but got REALLY lucky.

Had fun again.

Then not so much fun.

How does you boy like the trials tire? I'm gonna get an 18" rim and trials tire one of these days for my cr250.

Western Nevada has some mud that will hand you your ass as well. Pure adobe, dense, stick/pack into everything impossible to steer, WFO slip clutch just to get the back wheel to turn, fall down and whimper because it sucks so bad. Fortunately its not everywhere.

MF

Quote Originally Posted by Eastside View Post
    How does you boy like the trials tire? I'm gonna get an 18" rim and trials tire one of these days for my cr250.

Western Nevada has some mud that will hand you your ass as well. Pure adobe, dense, stick/pack into everything impossible to steer, WFO slip clutch just to get the back wheel to turn, fall down and whimper because it sucks so bad. Fortunately its not everywhere.

MF
    He had a normal trials tire in September and toasted it in 200 miles with minimal pavement. The tire he has now is a Pirelli DOT trials tire. We rode 300 miles with 50 of pavement and it's already chunking. The tire performs well on everything but mud, but the durability is shit.

I guess the trials tires are for special occasions. A lot of guys like running them though. My Maxxis are holding up pretty well.

MF

A few from the Big Sky XC race last month. Had a blast and can't wait for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastside View Post
    I guess the trials tires are for special occasions. A lot of guys like running them though. My Maxxis are holding up pretty well.

MF
    Yeah, the two guys I ride with that have them love them. I'd like to run one 90% of the time, just not in mud.

I have the Maxxis Desert IT and they are holding up really well.

My brother flew in last night from Minnesota, arriving in SLC at midnight. Twelve hours later he's riding the XR600R that we just bought together so he has something to ride when he comes to Utah.

25 years of experience on street bikes, 3rd day on a dirt bike.

The first 30 minutes of riding today ended up in a painful chest crunching crash, but 800mg of Ibuprofen and 1 gram of Tylenol later, he was feeling better.

When your 6'6" tall, the XR600R feels small and nimble.

Hand smashing good times.

Only in Utah. Wake up to snowfall, drive 3.5 hours south, then ride great single track and double track in the sun.

One of these days I'm gonna trailer my hog and get some of what you are getting. I need to post more pics of my mini 2 stroke adventures.

MF

Quote Originally Posted by TH
    Only in Utah. Wake up to snowfall, drive 3.5 hours south, then ride great single track and double track in the sun.
    Nice pics - no hate, but you can easily do that in CA too - ski freshies in the AM, load up, drive down and run WOT up the coastline before dinner.. Or down the coastline to TJ for tacos and a donkey show..

Not that I don't miss that UT blower tho..

Quote Originally Posted by JBrian View Post
    Nice pics - no hate, but you can easily do that in CA too - ski freshies in the AM, load up, drive down and run WOT up the coastline before dinner.. Or down the coastline to TJ for tacos and a donkey show..

Not that I don't miss that UT blower tho..
    Yeah, but you can't drink shitty beer!

Are those pics from Sovereign?

sweet photos. we were supposed to hit moab this weekend but ended up skiing pow in central colorado

Breakfast at 7am at the Moab Diner. Then down Potash and to the White Rim.

Then down Gemini Bridges to squeek in some more dirt.

Cup of coffee, then off to the Practice Loop and Slick Rock.

Fun day.

Just an FYI for you Denver Mags:

Sunday November 8th - Veterans Day Run
    Join Us As We Pay Tribute to All Veterans That Have Protected and Preserved Our Freedom
    9:30 - 10:30
    Alibi's Bar & Grill
    7983 S. Broadway, Littleton, CO, 80122
    Group Ride ; $10 per person ; $15 - two up ; 50/50
    One half of the money raised for this ride will be donated to Fisher House
    The ride goes to Danny Dietz Memorial, Ft. Logan, Fisher House and ends at Wings Over the Rockies
    The weather is supposed to be 55 to 60 degrees.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    1974 Kaw HD 750 2 stroke. I doubt that there are that many of these still around. It's been sitting in the b/yard waiting for some disposable income that doesn't get spent on ski/fishing addictions
    Bump cause We're moving and
    wife says this isn't. Any mags want a project bike. Come on Trackhead or Yeti man you need this
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

that would be a fun project. Put it up in the gear swap thread, maybe someone will see it there.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Bump cause We're moving and
    wife says this isn't. Any mags want a project bike. Come on Trackhead or Yeti man you need this
    Thanks, but I'm already tits deep in a restoration of the XR600R.

Did you sell your house? Congrats on that and the move!

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    There has been no machine I've ever ridden that compared in raw emotional gut feel to my 98 S1W. I don't think there is another machine that compares to the XB in terms of torque+[sounding like a motorcycle should sound]+being very quick side to side+being very balanced+being very durable and mechanically simple+looking good+being reasonably priced+being made by American Humans in Wisconsin+not having the same bike as the other 1000 douchebag "sportbike" fags on cookie-cutter japanese pieces of shit that look like ass and sound like a vacuum cleaner and need to be at 8000 rpms to make any power.

that's my opinion.
    Yeti, you haven't ridden a ducati. They are absolutely amazing! My 748 was an extension of your body when riding. The monster series are the same bikes just nekkid. I can assure you the brembo brakes and gobs of torque would have you forgetting buell by the second corner

Rebuild starts tomorrow after sandblasting and painting, but I'm still waiting on the head/cylinder to get tweaked from Lindsay Machine.........The beast will be reborn.

The 250 lingers and waits patiently in the background for big brother to get off of the operating table.

Quote Originally Posted by 1080Rider View Post
    Yeti, you haven't ridden a ducati. They are absolutely amazing! My 748 was an extension of your body when riding. The monster series are the same bikes just nekkid. I can assure you the brembo brakes and gobs of torque would have you forgetting buell by the second corner
    there's a lot of places ducati can beat a buell, but torque isnt one of them. ducati monster 1100 is around 75 ft lbs and the buell XB12S is 86.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin