Page 53 of 151 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3764
    Anyone around SLC want to ride some sport bikes? The R6 is tired of being used for commuting and wants to get out and run a little.

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    Went on the Highline trail into Idaho, got lost, ran out of gas.
    1.9 gallons and 40 miles? That's a thirsty bike. You need an IMS 4.0 tank it would seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
    Anyone around SLC want to ride some sport bikes? The R6 is tired of being used for commuting and wants to get out and run a little.
    Yeah man, I'm in Sandy and will be back in town on saturday evening. Maybe a ride on Sunday? Ive got the black cherry FJR.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    1.9 gallons and 40 miles? That's a thirsty bike. You need an IMS 4.0 tank it would seem.
    Yeah, it's pretty thirsty, but about ave. for the 450 MXers. Also, I may have underestimated the distance using Google Earth's "Path" function. Either way I don't think I've ever hit 50 miles on one tank. Still better than the CR250 I once had. And yes, a desert tank would be appropriate for the high desert .

Race at/on Big Sky next month. The scree can ruin your bike just like your skis.

http://bigskyxc.com/
    Last edited by g_man80; 08-20-2009 at 12:31 PM.

Powder Mountain Motocross

Forgot to mention the race at Powder Mountain next weekend (8/27 - 8/30). Course designed by McGrath.

http://www.powdermountain.com/motox/

(pictures from website)

I don't watch much motorcross or anything, other than like the x-games and stuff, which the tracks are usually inside an arena so they are more "turny", but that track looks really wide open and straight....should be a super fast race...really nice views and would be a fun place to go and drink and watch a race!
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

well this was fun...notsomuch

I'm okay, and the bike is too - looks like all I'll need is a new fender and radiator cap. Got lucky the brake discs and fork weren't crushed.

Story is riding down main thoroughfare (E Mendenhall in Bozeman), kids in car don't look long enough, pull out across traffic, I get on horn, they STOP directly in front of me. Lock up the brakes, and bail off right before the impact.

As it was it wasn't much of an impact, bike slid underneath their car. Kids got cited for failure to yield, worst damage I got was a bloody shin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post

Story is riding down main thoroughfare (E Mendenhall in Bozeman), kids in car don't look long enough, pull out across traffic, I get on horn, they STOP directly in front of me. Lock up the brakes, and bail off right before the impact.

As it was it wasn't much of an impact, bike slid underneath their car. Kids got cited for failure to yield, worst damage I got was a bloody shin.
    Glad you're okay--that could have been a lot worse. IANAL, but I'd recommend talking to one and making sure you document any medical expenses related to your soreness, bloody shin, etc for inclusion in a future settlement. Pulling out in front of a bike can be a life-threatening error, and you want to make sure the errant driver takes the potential for more serious harm seriously.

And if you haven't taken any bike classes, you might consider the MSF ERC or something similar. I've found between that and some track days, I've been able to really improve my riding, including emergency-braking skills.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Glad you're okay--that could have been a lot worse. IANAL, but I'd recommend talking to one and making sure you document any medical expenses related to your soreness, bloody shin, etc for inclusion in a future settlement. Pulling out in front of a bike can be a life-threatening error, and you want to make sure the errant driver takes the potential for more serious harm seriously.
    Sad reminder of this: my brother's friend got killed on his bike last weekend when a 19 year old kid in a Saturn made a signal-less left turn across his lane. I skied with him last year - probably one of the most genuinely nice guys you could meet. RIP Nick

/buzzkill
    Be careful out there guys.

I'm okay, and the bike is too - looks like all I'll need is a new fender and radiator cap. Got lucky the brake discs and fork weren't crushed.

Glad you were not hurt. Almost did the same to some cellphone driving/talking nitwit yesterday.

At least your Pirellis still have some miles on them.

Just picked up a set of Diablo Supersports for my GSXR-750... Can't wait to get 'em scrubbed up and start scraping footpegs!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Spent the last few days getting my wife comfortable on motorcycles for her 2nd and 3rd rides ever. She's digging the super huge, uber rad, sick power of the 1971 Honda Trail 90. Roosting every chance she gets.

And of course crashing a little bit too. Being the loving husband that I am, I followed protocol and got the picture before offering help. Couple bruises and a sore wrist, but otherwise just laughs.

trail 90!! Sweet bike. So much fun.

crappy cell phone picture of my weird ass motorcycle (that is in dire need of a black seat cover). Anyone guess what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by single View Post
    trail 90!! Sweet bike. So much fun.

crappy cell phone picture of my weird ass motorcycle (that is in dire need of a black seat cover). Anyone guess what it is?

Honda 230f with upgraded front suspension and upgrade rear disc brake?

very close. cr85 with an xr200.

Quote Originally Posted by single View Post
    very close. cr85 with an xr200.
    Did you do this yourself? Anything done to the engine? I'm always a little curious when I see these conversions. I had a 2000 XR 200 in the garage for a while and can't see using that engine in its stock form as the base for anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers
    That's how the plague started back in the day...from a little disgusting bird bath in someones back yard that rats made sex to birds in and created a whole new type of AIDS

No, it is done by a friend, Dave Miller of DMC.

The Xr200 is bored out to a 220, running a high compression piston and a hot cam. It is actually quite fast.

But I am looking to put a crf250 in it.

Wht not just have a CRF250 instead?

Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser View Post
    Wht not just have a CRF250 instead?
    some of us are vertically challenged. If I rode track all the time, a full sized bike would be fine, but being able to touch my feet to the ground on both sides in the woods is a definite plus.

How stupid would it be to get an XR650R as a first dirt bike?

I'm assuming fairly retarded, but I keep seeing them come up on CL and I just watched Dust to Glory.

We rode the Sanpitch mountains north to south to Fayette, then looped around to the beautiful Antelope Valley to Manti. Then buzzed back on mellow gravel on the east bench, up Maple Canyon and down Log Canyon on some fun ATV track. Fun, mellow 120 mile loop.

New to this whole moto scene, but digging it!

Did a ride from Ogden to Jackson Hole and back last week. 8 days camping and climbing the dirt roads and trails. Highlights were Skyline Trail, Dicks Hollow, Highline Trail above Bear Lake and the stretch from Soda Springs to Swan Valley through the Caribou Range.

Here's a slideshow from the trip-

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....4766854&ref=mf

spent the weekend riding fire roads and experimenting with some singletrack on a 450 this past weekend. Wow, that bike has some balls, not to mention the larger rear sprocket makes things more interesting as well. The jones continues.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Quote Originally Posted by nohow View Post
    New to this whole moto scene, but digging it!

Did a ride from Ogden to Jackson Hole and back last week. 8 days camping and climbing the dirt roads and trails. Highlights were Skyline Trail, Dicks Hollow, Highline Trail above Bear Lake and the stretch from Soda Springs to Swan Valley through the Caribou Range.

Here's a slideshow from the trip-

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....4766854&ref=mf
    Looks way fun! thanks for the stoke.

I just got back from a sorta similar tour a couple of weeks ago throughout montana. 1200 miles, 5 days. 800 of them on dirt roads and trails on BMW gs650s. Fun stuff!