Page 76 of 151 FirstFirst ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 3756
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Finally got out for my first longer ride of the season, heading down through Cody, stopping for some turns off Sylvan Pass, and then back up the long way through Yellowstone. Saw a bunch of critters (those bison calves sure are cute), but I should have brought my heated jacket liner (and I really need to get around to fixing my heated grips). Oh, and naturally, I almost dropped the bike in the deeper-than-expected stone at the parking area pictured.

Hey - do you have a pic of your ski rack? That looks awesome

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    Hey - do you have a pic of your ski rack? That looks awesome
    "Ski rack" might be a strong term. I use a pair of straps to attach the skis to the left-side Happy Trails pannier rack, and the skis fit between the sidebox and the bike. I actually need to do something about the bottom of the inboard ski rubbing on the top box; it was less of an issue with other bindings, but the with Dynafits, the adjustment screw is the contact point and causing metal-on-metal rubbing.

Sold my Road King 11 years ago after my daughters were born; just didn't have time to ride. BK (before kids), Mrs. Seano and I cruised Northern NM and the SAN Juans on the regular; fuck man, those were good times.....Randomly cruising CL last week and found this beauty: 99 RK Classic with 18000 miles. Looks like it just rolled off the factory floor. My mom's taking the kiddos this weekend and the Mrs. and I are hitting the Enchanted Circle and staying in Taos......Can. Not. Wait.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0539.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	206462
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by barkcity View Post
    I'm running a 50/50 street legal tire both front & rear on my KTM 450. I've been happy with the performance, and they're pretty darn affordable.

Kenda 270: https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...port-Rear-Tire
    I am running this on my Suzuki DRS350 and have been happy. More dirt then street oriented. On my KLR I put on Heidenau tires front and back. 1000 miles and am happy with them both street and dirt (dirt is mostly easy dirt and fire roads).

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...cout-rear-tire

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I am running this on my Suzuki DRS350 and have been happy. More dirt then street oriented. On my KLR I put on Heidenau tires front and back. 1000 miles and am happy with them both street and dirt (dirt is mostly easy dirt and fire roads).

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...cout-rear-tire
    I've used the Scout on the back of my 1150, and I hated it. Traction was almost as bad as an Anakee or Tourance off-road, while also having lousy feedback and a square profile on tarmac (especially wet tarmac). Top it off with a super-stiff carcass that makes mounting and unmounting a pain in the ass, and I'm not going back. I usually run a TKC80 up front and a Mitas E-07 or E-09 Dakar in the rear now for off-tarmac duties and Anakees or similar on a second set of wheels for tarmac. YMMV quite a bit, as the 1150 is admittedly a lot heavier and more powerful than something like a KLR, but I can't imagine the stiffness of the Scout would make it a better tire with less force applied.
    Last edited by anotherVTskibum; 05-17-2017 at 07:15 PM. Reason: misread which bike the Scout was on

Horrible accident in Italy. Nicky Hayden in hospital in Italy after bicycle accident.
    Really hope there is a good outcome.

Much love for the Kentucky Kid, my favorite rider.

https://www.gpone.com/
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Ahh fuck. It looks to be bad

Thanks for that- kenda seems to be a nice price point - I have been looking at their track master tires. More of a dirt tire.
    I used to run the Trackmaster front. Not a great offroad tire but the price point was what got me in the door.

Their dirt tire is the Kenda Millville which is taller like most other MX tires. The track master isn't very tall and is DOT acceptable here in Colorado.

Hoping to be on a Softail by the end of the week.

I have a beemer with the one sided rear wheel mount. My local MC shop doesn't have the tire balancer adapter to balance my new tire. I had them mount the tire anyway with the intention of getting the tire balanced the next time I'm near Reno (1.5 hours away) at the BMW dealer. The bike seems to ride smooth and I can't tell a difference. How important is it to have it balanced?

So a friend was getting rid of this beauty. It hadn't been getting much use and was barely running. An hour of happy labour and $5.00 of carb cleaner and she is purring.

So excited - haven't had a bike since before the first ankle biter came along 8 years ago. She loves it

Still blows a tiny bit of blue on start up. Probably tear it down this winter. Needs some new rubber stat. Any recommendations for some inexpensive street legal mx tires? Mostly be riding gravel roads and hitting fishing spots.

Need to work on the suspension soon. Set up very soft. Added some air to the front (as far as I can tell there wasn't any. Rear I need to get to.

Forgot how satisfying it is to take something apart. Put it all back together and have it work.

Plus riding. Riding bikes is awesome.
    Nice! looks like an aftermarket tank? Spray those pipes with heat resistant paint and it'll look brand newish.

I really like my shinko 244 "golden Boys" on my rear. Really cheap, good 50\50 tire.
    https://www.revzilla.com/product/shi...al-sport-tires
    stainless steel front brake line is an easy addition that will give you better response and a piece of mind.

Some of those older bikes are going to have limited options for suspension. Heavier weight oil and spacers in the front will help with excessive nose dive.
    Last edited by My Pet Powder Goat; 05-22-2017 at 01:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

RIP Nicky Hayden. MotoGP legend. 35 years old

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toad View Post
    I have a beemer with the one sided rear wheel mount. My local MC shop doesn't have the tire balancer adapter to balance my new tire. I had them mount the tire anyway with the intention of getting the tire balanced the next time I'm near Reno (1.5 hours away) at the BMW dealer. The bike seems to ride smooth and I can't tell a difference. How important is it to have it balanced?
    Short answer? It's not.

Longer answer: I think the greater issue with modern tires is actually rim/hub balance, and the weighting of the wheel from the last balance will generally take care of that. I've been mounting my own tires since I got my 1150GS, and while I balanced the first couple of times, I haven't bothered in years. I have noticed some high-speed vibrations that are probably balance-related (in the 85-95 MPH range, GPS-indicated, depending on tire wear), but I haven't bothered balancing again because I should probably be slowing down when I get to that speed, anyhow.

If you want to balance it yourself, get a balancer (http://www.marcparnes.com/BMW_Motorc...lancer.htm#BML) and some weights and have at it.

Cool, thanks. That's the answer I'm found on the internetz as well

I got a nice work related ride in today.

I am really enjoying the 690, and getting more and more comfortable riding since my last post. I am trying to decide if I can ride it to the Beartooth summer bash or not. Not sure I have a good way to attach skis and poles yet.

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    99 RK Classic with 18000 miles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0539.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	206462
    Makes me think I should have went with the RK insted of the Softail....

Quote Originally Posted by galenparke View Post
    I am really enjoying the 690, and getting more and more comfortable riding since my last post. I am trying to decide if I can ride it to the Beartooth summer bash or not. Not sure I have a good way to attach skis and poles yet.
    Keep in mind that vertical skis do become a bit sail-like in high winds. The solutions I've seen (and tried) are generally in a few categories:
    1. vertical mount to the bike or pannier frame
    2. on a backpack being worn by the rider
    3. horizontal attachment across luggage/passenger seat behind the the rider
    4. diagonal attachment on one or both sides of the bike

(1) is the best, IMO. As I said, it gets sporty in high winds, and I wouldn't want to go offroading in a forest that way (skis are well above my head, at least while seated), but otherwise there's minimal impact on rideability.

(2) makes getting on and off the bike a bit more challenging, as well as moving around if you happen to encounter conditions where you want to stand and move your body above the bike. It can also be seriously uncomfortable after a bunch of miles.

(3) can work reasonably well if you can manage a sort of diagonal horizontal; straight across works but you have to remember that you're suddenly a lot wider. I suspect you could end up hitting tips/tails on pavement when banked over, too, but the few times I tried it I didn't run into that issue.

(4) I have not found a good way to do on my bike, but I've seen other bikes set up this way that looked pretty reasonable. Most setups involved the skis projecting rearward at a 45-ish degree angle.

Also, if it happened to make sense to ship skis (probably not, that gets expensive), you're welcome to ship 'em to me and I can hold them until you get here.

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Nice! looks like an aftermarket tank? Spray those pipes with heat resistant paint and it'll look brand newish.

I really like my shinko 244 "golden Boys" on my rear. Really cheap, good 50\50 tire.
    https://www.revzilla.com/product/shi...al-sport-tires
    stainless steel front brake line is an easy addition that will give you better response and a piece of mind.

Some of those older bikes are going to have limited options for suspension. Heavier weight oil and spacers in the front will help with excessive nose dive.
    Thanks for that.

Yes it is a Clark aftermarket tank. Appears I can go a month between fill ups now.

I decided to go as full Moto as I could on the tire.

Mitas c-18. New shop in town gave me a killer deal.

I did the seals and new oil. Made a big difference and It works for now. I need to get better before I worry about making to many actual upgrades. Some folks put a cr fork on their xr's

My thought is that the tires almost doubled my investment in the bike. I will ride the rubber off of these ones and upgrade the whole bike down the road instead of doing this bike piece by piece.

Probably keep it as stock as possible and let the monkeys rip around grandpas farm with it when they get bigger. It owes me very little.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Keep in mind that vertical skis do become a bit sail-like in high winds. The solutions I've seen (and tried) are generally in a few categories:
    1. vertical mount to the bike or pannier frame
    2. on a backpack being worn by the rider
    3. horizontal attachment across luggage/passenger seat behind the the rider
    4. diagonal attachment on one or both sides of the bike

(4) I have not found a good way to do on my bike, but I've seen other bikes set up this way that looked pretty reasonable. Most setups involved the skis projecting rearward at a 45-ish degree angle.
    I want to try a version of #4, I think it will work with my bike and bags.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLogIn View Post
    Makes me think I should have went with the RK insted of the Softail....

No way man, that thing is sweet!!!!!!
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Maggot motorcycle stoke thread

I love my dads softail. The thing glides around town like a dragon.

Any heavier and its a boat though.

Thanks for that.

Yes it is a Clark aftermarket tank. Appears I can go a month between fill ups now.

A few years ago a new oversize XR 250 (85-??) tank straight from Clarke was delivered to my house. It was huge, like 4 gallon! I didn't order it, nor ever owned an XR of any flavor. I contacted Clarke and they didn't know anything about or even want it back.

Sold on CL=fun/profit$$

Quote Originally Posted by bluespark View Post
    A few years ago a new oversize XR 250 (85-??) tank straight from Clarke was delivered to my house. It was huge, like 4 gallon! I didn't order it, nor ever owned an XR of any flavor. I contacted Clarke and they didn't know anything about or even want it back.

Sold on CL=fun/profit$$
    So, that's where my tank went to

I have that tank on my Susuki DR350. Nice to go over 100 miles between fill ups, 4+ gallons.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Maggot motorcycle stoke thread

Visiting old stumping ground Houston, TX.
    Old race/track buddies throw me a track day.
    Having an amazing (HOT) day!

Last edited by nutmegchoi; 05-29-2017 at 06:47 AM.