Page 139 of 151 FirstFirst ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 3764
    FKNA that is so sick.
    Xcw is a great call

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Care to share any details Re what the night and day is all about?

I’m very close to purchasing a ‘22 XCW 300 TPI but definitely wavering slightly, mostly due to the exorbitant price tag
    Not messing around with jetting with elevation/temps, and the biggest in my book is the counterbalanced motor. The 16 was the last of the ‘paint shakers’ - the hands, feet and ass are so much happier. Also the new bikes feel a whole bunch narrower as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Nice bike. Get a SRT fork saver. You will blow the seals with it compressed that much. AER fork?
    Yeah good point.

Thanks GravityDT for the deets. Agree w all of the above.

This is my first 2T after riding ~ 14k miles on a couple different 450 4t bikes. Stoked to lighten up a bit and dig into trail riding more. I love the idea of a 2t with low end torque and the fuel injection hooked me.

Fuel injected 2 stroke is the hotness
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    . AER fork?
    It’s got the WP explor OC fork.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Can confirm. I had a 250 XC-W TPI for a few years. No fuss motor. Put gas in the tank, and oil in the reservoir, and go ride. It was the jam.

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Absolutely loving it. its the EC300 - came from a '16 300 XCW six days and it is night/day. Wanted to go TPI and linkage and it was down to the Husky TE300 or the GG. Still leery of the carbon subframe of the husky. the $ saved up front funded the farkles of my choice.....
    I believe the HQV subframes are reinforced composite (plastic). Both of my Betas have something similar. You have to huck your bike really hard for it to be an issue. DAMHIK...

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    TPI version 1.0 has been considered a relative dud in KTM/Husky/GG circles. TPI v1.0 doesn't have the low end "hit" that the carbys had, and gets complained about incessantly on KTM forums for being rather gutless.

The 2023+ new TBI system (KTM FI v2.0)on the other hand has been getting great reviews.

Unfortunately some mouthbreathers will lament that they have to mix their own gas again.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    TPI version 1.0 has been considered a relative dud in KTM/Husky/GG circles. TPI v1.0 doesn't have the low end "hit" that the carbys had, and gets complained about incessantly on KTM forums for being rather gutless.

The 2023+ new TBI system (KTM FI v2.0)on the other hand has been getting great reviews.

Unfortunately some mouthbreathers will lament that they have to mix their own gas again.
    That's just dirtbike bros being dirtbike bros on the internet. I swear, they are just looking for something to complain about because their controlled-drip fuel delivery system changed For the vast majority of riders, it really isn't an issue. It's a barely perceptible difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Yeah good point.

Thanks GravityDT for the deets. Agree w all of the above.

This is my first 2T after riding ~ 14k miles on a couple different 450 4t bikes. Stoked to lighten up a bit and dig into trail riding more. I love the idea of a 2t with low end torque and the fuel injection hooked me.
    You will be so stoked! 2t for the win for trails.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    That's just dirtbike bros being dirtbike bros on the internet. I swear, they are just looking for something to complain about because their controlled-drip fuel delivery system changed For the vast majority of riders, it really isn't an issue. It's a barely perceptible difference.
    Totally agree with that sentiment as you probably describe 2/3 of the posters, but the initial rollout in 2019-2020 of the TPI bikes did not go swimmingly. Many had to return to dealers for multiple ECU updates until KTM got it right. Also, if any dirt gets into the oil filler it clogs the injector and no oil in a 2 stroke jug is never good.

Funny how KTM rolled out TPI, but every aftermarket company made a TBI aftermarket system to ditch the TPI woes of the early bikes. KTM's 2.0 system is also TBI now, and is apparently pretty sweet.

Anyone using a GPS tracker on their bike to help with security/recovery? I'm interesting in getting something after my bike was stolen up in WA during my last trip. I'm aware of their limitations and that they neither prevent theft nor guarantee recovery.

In my case one could be useful in addition to other measures. I use my dual sport to set up point to point MTB rides so it often sits at trailheads or other spots while I'm riding. It was likely a local meth head who took it after seeing it parked there all day. If smart they would have stashed it hidden in the forest for a few days to see if anyone comes for it, then come back to grab it and do whatever tweakers do with stolen shit. While its possibly stashed away is the best chance and time to get it back IMO and a tracker would help with that.

Spot has the Trace. Reputable company well known for their proven satellite messenger. $10-13/mo subscription. Real time tracking using satellite tech, doesn't rely on cell service to send updates. https://www.findmespot.com/en-us/pro...ces/spot-trace

A couple on Revzilla that use cellular networks. Probably not as useful since I'm often in areas with no cell coverage.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ku_id=10089816
    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ku_id=10008310

Any others I should look at? Are there any options which are GPS/satellite based that don't require a subscription?

Fantastic fall this year. Late to arrive which worked for me selfishly.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Anyone using a GPS tracker on their bike to help with security/recovery? I'm interesting in getting something after my bike was stolen up in WA during my last trip. I'm aware of their limitations and that they neither prevent theft nor guarantee recovery.

In my case one could be useful in addition to other measures. I use my dual sport to set up point to point MTB rides so it often sits at trailheads or other spots while I'm riding. It was likely a local meth head who took it after seeing it parked there all day. If smart they would have stashed it hidden in the forest for a few days to see if anyone comes for it, then come back to grab it and do whatever tweakers do with stolen shit. While its possibly stashed away is the best chance and time to get it back IMO and a tracker would help with that.

Spot has the Trace. Reputable company well known for their proven satellite messenger. $10-13/mo subscription. Real time tracking using satellite tech, doesn't rely on cell service to send updates. https://www.findmespot.com/en-us/pro...ces/spot-trace

A couple on Revzilla that use cellular networks. Probably not as useful since I'm often in areas with no cell coverage.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ku_id=10089816
    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ku_id=10008310

Any others I should look at? Are there any options which are GPS/satellite based that don't require a subscription?
    I just bought some Tiles for my bikes. It does pose a question, however. What will you do with the information about the location of your bike, if stolen? Law enforcement is understaffed and overworked. A stolen bike would likely not be their top priority. I, personally, am not the hardened criminal type, and will not show up to some East Bay address with a flame thrower. I hear that most bikes in the Bay Area are either abandoned or chopped up and thrown onto a container ship. Ditto, I'm not following the bike to an Oakland shipping yard. What's your plan?

Solid point. It's in your hands to do the detective work. You going in strapped or with your social media camera crew? The camera doesn't lie....well it depends on how good your edit person is...

I’d probably spend the money on better insurance if it were me. If you want a tracker and are an Apple person, you can use AirTags which are one time price not recurring.

My KTM had great insurance. Pretty sure a tracker would have shown the bike in...Japan. I was hoping so bad it wouldn't be a theft recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    What will you do with the information about the location of your bike, if stolen? Law enforcement is understaffed and overworked. A stolen bike would likely not be their top priority. I, personally, am not the hardened criminal type, and will not show up to some East Bay address with a flame thrower. I hear that most bikes in the Bay Area are either abandoned or chopped up and thrown onto a container ship. Ditto, I'm not following the bike to an Oakland shipping yard. What's your plan?
    I keep reading it's common for bike thieves to take a bike and stash it somewhere like a random residential street for a few days to test if has a hidden tracker, by seeing if its owner shows up for it. That would be the best time to recover it, when it is unattended and before they can fuck with it. So if my tracker-equipped bike gets stolen and I can see it is parked up a forest road spur or on a random city street, take a drive past to see what's up. If bike is there and no one is around, load it up and leave.

If the thief skipped that step and it turns out to be on someone's property then it's time to call police. When I reported my bike stolen one of the first questions the sheriffs deputy asked is if I knew who took it. If I had a tracker showing it at a specific address then I'd have an answer for that question. A stolen bike may not be their top priority but hopefully having current location info is enough to get the cops to show up.

Air tags aren't very suitable for this as they can also alert the thief of the tag's presence if he is an apple user (unlikely? lol). They also rely on having devices nearby, as do Tiles. Might turn out to work in the city but not in remote areas where I do a lot of my riding. That's why I like the idea of the Spot Trace which sends location info via satellite, so it will work in remote areas without cell coverage.

Adding better insurance coverage is definitely an option. I only had liability coverage on my two bikes as they aren't high value ($2k and 4k). So thought process was basically to self insure by not paying extra for comprehensive. Need to look into what that costs again, I don't recall but would have been enough at the time I didn't consider it worthwhile combined with deductibles. My 230L is a pretty low end bike that I didn't think people would be interested in stealing.

On the subject of getting cops to get excited about stolen vehicle recovery, I recall watching an amusing YouTube video where the vehicle owner called from down the street and mentioned that he was planning to go confront the apparent thief and that he had a gun with him. Not that I'm recommending it, but the cops clearly wanted to get there before anyone got shot.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using TGR Forums mobile app

I’ve been involved with two stolen bike recoveries where the cops knew about the bike but refused to go arrest the people who stole it. So I wouldn’t count on them to do anything for you

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I’ve been involved with two stolen bike recoveries where the cops knew about the bike but refused to go arrest the people who stole it. So I wouldn’t count on them to do anything for you
    Well, evdog is clearly in a different setting than I am in. I just am curious for other input on the recovery stage. I have a few people that would go "recover" a bike for me. Probably would cost me a grand or so. If something went sideways, or there was a relative of someone important involved, I would imagine I'd go down with the recovery team. Seems like the safer option is insurance. You really don't want your burgled bike recovered if it's insured. I'm looking at my wr450f. It's worth more in actuality than insured. 2013 plated in CA, it's better to be recovered and repaired.

I'm sure ability or willingness for cops to respond depends a lot on the area/jurisdiction. I wouldn't expect much help in a big city but maybe in a rural area like where I was you could get a deputy to come out. Hard to say.

If you don't have the tracker, bike is gone gone. It's likely whatever I replace the 230L with will be a lot more expensive. So likely better insurance, rotor locks etc to make it a PIA to take, and possibly tracker will help keep it safe.

This isn't a pecker post, like so many are on this site. I was just looking for more info. I have to say, your 230L would be pretty high on my steal list due to every day rideability, not to joy rideability. Also ironic are the new cables in my living room for locking up at my new job. Good luck!!
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    Totally agree with that sentiment as you probably describe 2/3 of the posters, but the initial rollout in 2019-2020 of the TPI bikes did not go swimmingly. Many had to return to dealers for multiple ECU updates until KTM got it right. Also, if any dirt gets into the oil filler it clogs the injector and no oil in a 2 stroke jug is never good.

Funny how KTM rolled out TPI, but every aftermarket company made a TBI aftermarket system to ditch the TPI woes of the early bikes. KTM's 2.0 system is also TBI now, and is apparently pretty sweet.
    You also had idiots putting pre-mix into the fuel tank because, you know... just in case. And that KTM didn't know as much as they did about the appropriate mix for their bike.

You also had skillet-lickers not changing out the fuel pump, filters, and oil injectors at the recommended intervals. Or they'd go rage on the bike without proper warm-up and wonder why their engine cold-seized.

The TBI is sweet as there's no carb to fettle with, but you still must pre-mix which I don't like. I want to put oil in one tank, fuel in the other, and go ride.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D2C12F1A-8C4A-4BA5-A80B-9476ACE46CC4.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	430528

Nice day to take the long way home.