Page 107 of 151 FirstFirst ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 3764
    My plated KTM 350 XCF might be a forever bike. Haven't found a weakness on this moto. Even won my first race on it.

Anyone got a suggestion for a durable cover that would hold up to hitchrack use. There can be a lot of gnarly weather and roads between here and the good riding in shoulder seasons. My questionable internet skills are proving questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Anyone got a suggestion for a durable cover that would hold up to hitchrack use. There can be a lot of gnarly weather and roads between here and the good riding in shoulder seasons. My questionable internet skills are proving questionable.
    Make one out of tyvek from the jobsite.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Make one out of tyvek from the jobsite.
    Have you heard Tyvek flap in the wind? Fuck that! I may be ghetto but not that ghetto.

I'm considering a Zero for several reasons, but the big negative is the lack of shifting. I think I would miss that aspect of riding. I need to take a test ride and see. Maybe I'd get over that pretty quick. Dialing in the torque via an app would be kinda fun.

The reality is all the bikes you mentioned are pretty awesome.
    +1, hard to go wrong. Buy your favorite color and rally it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kailua_Boys View Post
    The Xr650 has always been a bike I've wanted to own.
    Highly recommend making that happen. I put thousands of commute hours on a sumo'd xr650r. Had a DRZ before and the XRR was much more fun.

@altacoup--Things I liked for the commute unit: a rear rack to avoid or lighten the backpack and a windscreen to take some chest blast. You can go low profile on both of those without looking like a nerd or messing up the mellow single track. https://www.screensforbikes.com/ if they make one for your model. I didn't love riding knobbies on the road but that's a bigger discussion about having two wheelsets and a lot of my issue was rain-related so maybe you'll be fine.

Dual sport guys go heavy on the forum scene, plenty of good info out there once you start upgrading and breaking stuff.

I’ve shredded a couple of the usual ones from RMATV and interested in what you find

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Going to the dealer on my days off to try the klx 230, 300 and crf300l.
    I have yet to find a dealer in CO that has taken delivery of a CRF300L. Sounds like mid to late April at the earliest around here. Curious what you think of it compared to the KLX300. If the KLX had similar torque I’d be buying one over the CRF to avoid suspension mods. Plus they are much easier to come by currently.

I’ve shredded a couple of the usual ones from RMATV and interested in what you find
    I found what looks like an awesome one on the internet but now I can't find it. It looked like burly canvas, like a snowmobile cover.

Found it http://dirtbagdesigns.com/

I think I will order one up.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    I have yet to find a dealer in CO that has taken delivery of a CRF300L. Sounds like mid to late April at the earliest around here. Curious what you think of it compared to the KLX300. If the KLX had similar torque I’d be buying one over the CRF to avoid suspension mods. Plus they are much easier to come by currently.
    Yeah their website was wrong. Called today and they only have the Kawasakis. But honestly I’m leaning away from the Honda. Watched more videos and the super soft suspension seems like it’ll be a big downside on trails. Trail performance is probably more important than road. As my commute is really easy, 40mph is max speed limit. And besides backroads to American fork, I’ll probably put it in the hitch to access all other trails.

Found it http://dirtbagdesigns.com/

I think I will order one up.
    That does look pretty nice.

I just bought a small enclosed moto trailer for hauling mine. It has a RTT, awning, and shower stall mounted on it too. Kind of a poor man’s three season camper. Pretty stoked on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    That does look pretty nice.

I just bought a small enclosed moto trailer for hauling mine. It has a RTT, awning, and shower stall mounted on it too. Kind of a poor man’s three season camper. Pretty stoked on it.
    Nice! My needs are a bit different and I already own too many trailers

Nice! My needs are a bit different and I already own too many trailers
    Still have the hitch rack for short trips but it gets a lot dirtier on the trail than the roads. Added a safari tank so now I’ll get 300+ miles on a fill. Now if I could just get some time off I’d be set.

'soft' suspension is for trails and 'stiff' is for moto/supercross. I don't have road experience and don't know settings for that but if yer leaning towards trails, set the sag and mess with the clickers to see the difference. I am way more anal with my moto suspension than my MTB by a long shot and I believe the throttle, weight and horsepower are the reasons why.

Thanks. Really leaning towards the klx300 as it has by far the best suspension.

Another vote for DRZ400S here, I really dig mine. Ive had air cooled xr’s, dr’s, and an XT. The DRZ is a total blast at lower speeds, and the water cooled motor likes rpms more than the aircooled long stroke stuff. I put on a skid plate, gsxr600 windscreen off ebay, and tail rack. Other plans pending, but super fun as is.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    My plated KTM 350 XCF might be a forever bike. Haven't found a weakness on this moto. Even won my first race on it.
    Good all around bike.

Might get tough in hard enduro sections, but thats not why you bought this bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Good all around bike.

Might get tough in hard enduro sections, but thats not why you bought this bike.
    Yeah our American enduro races aren't like the erzberg. My 300 was fun but I don't miss it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Yeah their website was wrong. Called today and they only have the Kawasakis. But honestly I’m leaning away from the Honda. Watched more videos and the super soft suspension seems like it’ll be a big downside on trails. Trail performance is probably more important than road. As my commute is really easy, 40mph is max speed limit. And besides backroads to American fork, I’ll probably put it in the hitch to access all other trails.
    Yeah, word is the stock suspension is pure garbage. If I can't find a decent deal on a WR250R and end up with a CRF300L, I'll be putting on an Ohlins shock + stiffer springs and gold valves in the fork. Adds about $1k (will install myself). Looking at just over $5800 OTD for the bike, so add in the suspension upgrade and things are getting spendy. May get a quote on a KLX300 camo just to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Yeah, word is the stock suspension is pure garbage. If I can't find a decent deal on a WR250R and end up with a CRF300L, I'll be putting on an Ohlins shock + stiffer springs and gold valves in the fork. Adds about $1k (will install myself). Looking at just over $5800 OTD for the bike, so add in the suspension upgrade and things are getting spendy. May get a quote on a KLX300 camo just to compare.
    Curious as to why you’d consider sinking that much into the Honda upgrades vs the klx300? I’m leaning Kawasaki.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Curious as to why you’d consider sinking that much into the Honda upgrades vs the klx300? I’m leaning Kawasaki.
    If I can get a klx300 camo for the same price OTD as the Honda, I’d buy it. Guessing that won’t be the case (based on MSRP) but I need to get a quote.
    Last edited by ColMan; 04-07-2021 at 08:17 AM.

Driving to SLC today to go paragliding but taking my DRZ. Any suggestions for short dual sporty rides between Green River and Price? Also, the West Desert. I'll be down in Draper so that kinda zone.

Thanks

There's some really good gravel roads in the Swell. You can head west off of hwy 6 and make it as long or as short as you want. I think one of the roads in is called Green River Cut off or something like that. You can take that over towards Huntington and then connect back to 6 from there.

Cool. I've been in the Swell from the I70 side but not that way. When you saw 6 as in 6=191. Head W towards Cedar Mountain from around the Price River?