Page 119 of 151 FirstFirst ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 3764
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    There’s a local cb125.

Thinking of putting dirt tires on it, kind of a diy xl125

Like so:
    Attachment 387538
    My neighbor is doing almost this but with a bobber fuck you blacked out job on an xr500r he's been painstakingly powdercoating and stripping and upgrading everything from the frame up for the last 2 years in his bedroom (mostly, he hangs parts in the tree to dry). It's going to be a beast, and I can't wait for him to finish it so I can ride it. Will post pics for sure.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Anybody need a riding suit?

I sold my DL650 years ago and held onto my Klim gear.

Latitude jacket in Large W/d3o armor

Latitude pants- either a 34 or 36 I’ll check.

Both have GorePro and armor. Really nice shape, maybe 20 rides. Great ADV gear.

Thought I’d check here before I put them on eBay.
    Catch and release. I bought the Latitude jacket and it is sweet. But found a deal on a Badlands jacket locally. $300 shipped.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0111.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	814.3 KB 
ID:	387720   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0112.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	794.3 KB 
ID:	387721   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0113.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	699.1 KB 
ID:	387722  

What used bike do I want for trail riding @ 10-12k in the sawatch?

Ideally something small enough to get teenagers on as they transition up from the surrons but still spunky enough for me to bang around on @ 6' 175#.

Been watching cl for a while so I see all the different stuff but looking for feedback on different brands or systems/parts that I either want or want to avoid.

Total moto newb tho I've got other 2&4 stroke experience. Will watch the want ads through the cooler months and snatch one up for next season.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

300 TPI is pretty hard to beat for high elevation trails. Works pretty well with a snow bike kit as well if you decide to go that route for the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    What used bike do I want for trail riding @ 10-12k in the sawatch?

Ideally something small enough to get teenagers on as they transition up from the surrons but still spunky enough for me to bang around on @ 6' 175#.

Been watching cl for a while so I see all the different stuff but looking for feedback on different brands or systems/parts that I either want or want to avoid.

Total moto newb tho I've got other 2&4 stroke experience. Will watch the want ads through the cooler months and snatch one up for next season.
    Do you want something that can be street legal? Or just trail? It is kinda nice to be able to ride to the trailhead and not have to trailer it everywhere, especially where y’all are.

^^^ Street legal isn't important for this one as it'll live at our cabin and we can access a huge trail network right from the property. Inexpensive, lighter weight, and relatively uncomplicated use/maintenance are priorities.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Well shit, I haven't been on here in a long while, since selling the Husaberg last fall. The nutter who bought it, picked it up from me in Swan Valley Idaho, and rode it home to Boise ID. That was one stressful night of awaiting a call that the berg let him down in the middle of Idaho and he wanted to trade it back. In his first 24hours he got more riding out of it that I did in my summer. Most of the summer looked like this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6432.jpg 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	387758
    Well it wasn't all that bad, but I was ready to just ride and stop fiddle fucking around in the Garage.

As mentioned some time ago, I picked up one of the first Tenéré 700s, and it has been a joy to ride. Some gravel road trips and a lot of around town commuting and errand running.

Name:	IMG_6261.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	900.5 KB 
ID:	387759
    I rode it pretty much stock for the first year, partially because getting after market parts was slow last year. I had to get creative from time to time. With carrying cargo.

Name:	IMG_0197.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	753.3 KB 
ID:	387761
    Finally got some used mosko Moto bags and a pannier rack. That worked pretty well for around town and highway riding. And it does tuck a rotopax can inside the racks nicely. But is too wide in the hips. Out riding some 4-wheeler tracks I ripped a bag off on a trail side log.
    So it is down to Giant Loop Coyote.
    But I did find some sweet spots in the west.

Name:	IMG_1256.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	387762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1268.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	723.4 KB 
ID:	387763

Late in the summer 'Angry August' I got sick and fucking tired of tourist that left their stop sign manners at home and decorated the Tenere for max visibility.

Name:	Tenere.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	387764
    Now I only have a few more days before the weather shuts the door on our riding season, hoping I can carve out the time for one more jaunt.

Incredible long shot here, but sometimes TGR delivers in the most surprising ways....I'm looking for one of the special editions of BMW K1300S, so Motorsport edition, 30th Anniversary edition, or HP edition. Will do a long distance deal for the right bike, which needs to be minty, and hopefully come with the BMW sport panniers. My trusty Aprilia is about to be retired (the light blue/silver bike)

Name:	DSC_1312.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	381.9 KB 
ID:	387773

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    With carrying cargo...

Name:	IMG_0197.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	753.3 KB 
ID:	387761
    Pillion Redefined
    Last edited by Gepeto; 10-04-2021 at 12:58 AM. Reason: less cowbell
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    ^^^ Street legal isn't important for this one as it'll live at our cabin and we can access a huge trail network right from the property. Inexpensive, lighter weight, and relatively uncomplicated use/maintenance are priorities.
    All of your wishes go in one direction. Affordable used 2 stroke. Get a used 2 stroke that wasn't an MX bike in its previous life. Feel free to PM or post up CL deals for the mags to opine on.

Quote Originally Posted by ericrayl View Post
    Incredible long shot here, but sometimes TGR delivers in the most surprising ways....I'm looking for one of the special editions of BMW K1300S, so Motorsport edition, 30th Anniversary edition, or HP edition. Will do a long distance deal for the right bike, which needs to be minty, and hopefully come with the BMW sport panniers. My trusty Aprilia is about to be retired (the light blue/silver bike)

Name:	DSC_1312.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	381.9 KB 
ID:	387773
    You tried Cycle Trader?
    https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/...0-S-5017986849
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

The Turn, brown pow, singletrack stoke, and motorcycles all in one outing yesterday. Glorious!

Name:	P0KYkc9.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	387867

Name:	VzFYDaU.jpg 
Size:	764.4 KB 
ID:	387868

Name:	jvcxJBC.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	622.6 KB 
ID:	387869

Name:	3UkKprB.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	878.2 KB 
ID:	387870

Name:	0858Epu.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	429.1 KB 
ID:	387871

So good right now

Welcome back Bruce SS! Haven't seen you since the spring at the hardware store.

Holla if ya wanna take a lap towards Dubois. You could do the Union Pass loop from there.

Stellar pics everyone, just gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainman View Post
    Faster on what?
    I’m curious too. I’ve got an older 2007 300 XCW which is about the best bike I can imagine on super gnarly trails. It’s not the best on huge hills. Or dunes. Or on the pavement at 80mph like my 450 was, but it’s a five speed.
    The light weight, snappiness, and instant torque make it awesome on the trail

Define "super gnarly" in Colorado. I had a 2006 300 it was nice minus the vibration. The 350 xcf is still better in all aspects. Smoother quieter, and faster through all 6 gears lol. I ride with 3 guys on 300s all decked out for like they are Billy Bolt and they can't gap me on any trail we ride. I'm sure they like the reduced weight and pop but if it isn't on the pipe it isn't going fast.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Define "super gnarly" in Colorado. I had a 2006 300 it was nice minus the vibration. The 350 xcf is still better in all aspects. Smoother quieter, and faster through all 6 gears lol. I ride with 3 guys on 300s all decked out for like they are Billy Bolt and they can't gap me on any trail we ride. I'm sure they like the reduced weight and pop but if it isn't on the pipe it isn't going fast.
    350 in the hands of a skilled rider will happily do everything in colorado. I've got a few climbs for you to check out in the RFV and Taylor park that will possibly overheat that girl though.

300 is the answer for the leave at the cabin moto. Get one with a kicker and put a Lectron carb on it if you want to never think about jetting again. 2T is lighter, simpler, and cheaper to repair. As said, don't get a MX/XC version--wide range gearbox and softer enduro suspension FTW. Beta 300 will be a little friendlier than a KTM.

350 is an amazing machine but valve jobs are $1000+ and it wouldn't be my choice for something to leave sitting and expect to just hop on and ride on occasion.

Your friends can't keep up because you're a better rider, obviously. If you swapped bikes with them the same scenario would play out.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

We swap bikes sometimes. 300 is fun but not my style. Having a 350 as a cabin bike works for me but I am good about maintaining it and I rarely keep a moto for very long. Letting gas go bad in the tank is the easiest way to ruin a moto.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    We swap bikes sometimes. 300 is fun but not my style. Having a 350 as a cabin bike works for me but I am good about maintaining it and I rarely keep a moto for very long. Letting gas go bad in the tank is the easiest way to ruin a moto.
    Use SeaFoam if it is gonna sit for any amount of time, especially at low temps.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Use SeaFoam if it is gonna sit for any amount of time, especially at low temps.
    Stabil. Better way is to drain the tank.

Same goes for snowmobiles

In hard enduro and WESS; all the riders are on 300 two-strokes. That should settle the 4T vs. 2T debate.

As for us mere mortals; it's a great time to be a rider as there are many great bikes from which to choose. For my money, it's a 300 2T in anything mountainous, techy, or exposed. For anything wide open, rally, or desert; I take my four-stroke.

All the "winners" of hard Enduro might be on 300s. Go to a Endurocross event and you'll see the same riders on a 350. So it isn't so easy.

Regardless, much like my 3 buddies, you can ride a moto that looks like a hard Enduro racer owns it but likely you have 5% of the skills of those champions.

Same goes for a lot of 450 riders who look great in the parking lot. Best bike for the track I'm sure but...

Same goes for whatever bad ass powder ski that some Joey rocks at Vail.

Whatever makes you happy but know that some dork on less superior equipment is gonna blow your doors off.

Somebody needs to come out with a 3 stroke engine to settle all these 2 vs 4 stroke arguments among dirtbikers. Yeesh.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Yes, check cycletrader, all craigslist via searchtempest, K-bikes forum, Autotrader motorcycles, and BMWMOA.org pretty regularly