Page 138 of 151 FirstFirst ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 3764
    Full rundown of the Star Varg. Some pretty crazy details. I neeeeeeeed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Just here to say that we swap batteries all the time in the sur rons. Takes like 30 seconds. I haven't pre-ordered a storm bee yet but if they're shooting for delivering the first round of bikes in Feb then they may get my $$ after Christmas.
    Ah cool. I was wondering about that.

I'm hoping Zero would get into motocross, but their focus is street due to $$. They are still truly a 'start-up' but gaining. You just have to wonder when the big guys will get involved...Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawa. It is a different game for sure, so I can see one of those guys buying someone like a Zero for the tech. Ktm is dabbling. And I agree with NR on the component piece. That is a critical part of the puzzle.

Rumor is Kawi is working on a hybrid. Seems like a good middle ground option. Run in electric with a small motor to charge the battery

That would be cool. Yamaha has an electric bike line now so I have to think it's only a matter of time before they debut something bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Thanks for all the beta on the hitch racks a page or two back. I'm in the analysis paralysis phase. @simple not in the area but appreciate the offer.

Yup, I was close to the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Rumor is Kawi is working on a hybrid. Seems like a good middle ground option. Run in electric with a small motor to charge the battery
    Interesting. I suspect it will be great for street applications. And like most things with Japanese bikes currently, it will be heavy. I do like that they are trying this approach, versus the all-in, full conversion to electric.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I'm really interested to see how California will deal with licensing electric dirt bikes. Restrictions on motos/OHVs on public land have been based on meeting or not meeting emissions. Electric dirt bikes won't have that problem so in theory would just need mirrors, signals, speedo, DOT approved tires etc to be registered street legal. Could it really be that easy? Really hoping some models show up that are lighter weight and smaller dimensions.
    This was the reason I posted about the KTM Freeride EXC. I know, I know, don't believe everything you see. But, I saw one on Facebook Marketplace that was plated without signals or mirrors. It made me wonder if electric dirtbikes may be treated as ebikes, and thus exempt? Anyone know?
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    This was the reason I posted about the KTM Freeride EXC. I know, I know, don't believe everything you see. But, I saw one on Facebook Marketplace that was plated without signals or mirrors. It made me wonder if electric dirtbikes may be treated as ebikes, and thus exempt? Anyone know?
    Define “Exempt”. Guessing that would depend on state laws. And I know a guy who has made his Sur Ron street legal in CO so it is possible. But registering it was a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    Yeah, it's going to depend on state laws.

In Colorado there's three basic categories:
    -bicycle/ebike: 750W motor or less, speed limited to 20mph
    -Low Power Scooter: 50cc or 4476W or less (this is how some people were getting Sur Rons registered but it's hit or miss from what I've read)
    -Motorcycle: everything else. An electric dirt bike is definitely going to be treated the same as any other motorcycle.

Yeah, based on power output something like the KTM would definitely meet the definition of a motorcycle in CA. But since dirt bikes have been treated differently from street legal bikes for so long I can see DMV employees being clueless and still wanting to register an electric dirt bike as off-road only. At some point we're going to have cops cracking down on people riding very fast e-bikes on public roads. Technically to be an e-bike it has to be below a certain wattage and top speed, and pedal assist not fully electric driven. But there is so much lack of understanding and grey area around them they are still a bit under the radar right now.

You can get a pedal kit for the Sur Ron. It does nothing but make it look like a bike when you are riding by cops.

I came across this at a small grotto outside of Spoleto, Italy and thought you guys might appreciate it. The handlebars really caught my eye.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    I came across this at a small grotto outside of Spoleto, Italy and thought you guys might appreciate it. The handlebars really caught my eye.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    Boner.

I think that's an old Monza 160, maybe? Whatever it is, it's worth all the money. Ducati singles have become incredibly valuable.

Maggot motorcycle stoke thread

That’s a classy lady right there

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4C83D3E4-380C-43D6-B882-ABA07CA19A10.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	842.1 KB 
ID:	429273
    I picked up a KLR for some Fall dirt road rides. I’d never owned one before but I now know what KLR stands for… King Leisure Ride. I don’t think I could get hurt on this thing unless it falls over on me… which may happen at 5’7”

I hit a hidden rock with the skid plate on a KLR, stopping the moto instantly and sending me flying. It bent the frame. I have a permanent souvenir to remind me about it in the form of a separated AC joint.

I also rode that one to Guatemala and back and all over the West. It's no racer but much fun can be had with 30hp.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    I hit a hidden rock with the skid plate on a KLR, stopping the moto instantly and sending me flying. It bent the frame. I have a permanent souvenir to remind me about it in the form of a separated AC joint.

I also rode that one to Guatemala and back and all over the West. It's no racer but much fun can be had with 30hp.
    I put 35k on an old KLR and a solid chapter in my life. It only hurt me in what I put it through. It's basically a handicapped tractor that is good at nothing. It's like a CT got tall. Basically what I've been looking for in a woman my entire life.

Name:	87klrrim.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	516.3 KB 
ID:	429315
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

.Name:  20221009_144427-01.jpeg
Views: 411
Size:  149.6 KB
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Name:	311295510_10218380165810485_3764549685031792952_n.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	794.7 KB 
ID:	429394

Big Holes never disappoint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post

Big Holes never disappoint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Delicious.

How's that Astrio-Spaniard steed working out for you?

Absolutely loving it. its the EC300 - came from a '16 300 XCW six days and it is night/day. Wanted to go TPI and linkage and it was down to the Husky TE300 or the GG. Still leery of the carbon subframe of the husky. the $ saved up front funded the farkles of my choice.....

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Absolutely loving it. its the EC300 - came from a '16 300 XCW six days and it is night/day. Wanted to go TPI and linkage and it was down to the Husky TE300 or the GG. Still leery of the carbon subframe of the husky. the $ saved up front funded the farkles of my choice.....
    Care to share any details Re what the night and day is all about?

I’m very close to purchasing a ‘22 XCW 300 TPI but definitely wavering slightly, mostly due to the exorbitant price tag

Check out Jeff Slaven's mule builds on the GG300 and new KTM/husky.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Check out Jeff Slaven's mule builds on the GG300 and new KTM/husky.
    willdo. .....and yeah i went and did it. oh boy, fun times ahead!

Name:	IMG_3719.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	461.2 KB 
ID:	429671

Nice bike. Get a SRT fork saver. You will blow the seals with it compressed that much. AER fork?