Page 8 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    and this is my next ride and first duc

Nice Ass-roaster on that thang. Not a big fan of the "beak," but the 1000cc motor, Ohlins shocks and Fork, and that slipper clutch should make it a really fun Canyon bike. Guess Buell was getting too much press with their Hooligan Bikes....

i'm in it for the 385 pounds and semi longer travel suspension that should eat up shitty roads---and the possibility that the 1000 motor wil be bored out to 1100

I was soooo tempted to ride my motorcycle (DR-Z250) this past weekend. But managed to control myself and stick to the MTB on (mostly) smooth surfaces, per doctors orders. Maybe in another week or two...
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

In celebration of not only good4nothing getting a bike, but Below Zero in serious contemplation......here's some stoke!

Thumbs up

Been on mine pretty much exclusively lately.

Oh, and nice pics.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Rode into work again today.

Nr the sea , on the other side of the pond..
    I love my vespa ..... it does 65mph and 90mpg. Not as mad or mental as the rest of your bikes but for quick local transport, its hard to beat.

me n irul&ublo could have a pretty good race.

Semper in Pulveris .... Only the depth varies

Can someone refer me to some online site that sell used bikes? Kind of like autotrader.com for motorcycles?

Anybody have any suggestions for a sport touring bike for a brand new rider?
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Talking

Would http://motorcycletrader.com/ be something like autotrader.com?

Google this phrase: Used Motorcycles

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy
    Would http://motorcycletrader.com/ be something like autotrader.com?

Google this phrase: Used Motorcycles
    You fucker!

Edit: That website sucks. Isn't there anything that is city specific?

I did search on google but couldn't find anything.
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Craigslist is another good place to find used bikes.

Wow, SheRa's really been working the glutes.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero
    You fucker!

Edit: That website sucks. Isn't there anything that is city specific?

I did search on google but couldn't find anything.
    Try www.cycletrader.com. The search function works great, and some nice pictures to boot.

Current commuter bike is a Yamaha Vino 125. Super fun, reliable, tops out at about 60 MPH, and gets 70+ MPG. Great way to get to work and back:

My object of lust and desire right now: The Yamaha V-Max. I so want one. Maybe next summer. 1200 ccs and 120 horsepower of pure asskicking, asphalt melting power:

Last edited by boarderline; 05-18-2006 at 11:27 PM.
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Below Zero
    Can someone refer me to some online site that sell used bikes? Kind of like autotrader.com for motorcycles?

Anybody have any suggestions for a sport touring bike for a brand new rider?
    Ducati ST series are nice bikes. The older ST2 can be had reasonably. Since you're a moto jong I wouldn't recommend the ST4r. It's basically a ducati 998 w/ better ergonomics, its pretty gnarly. Past that, I'd say honda has some nice offerings but don't know their names.

Boarderline- here's what you should be looking at instead of the v-max. This thing is AWESOME...

Last edited by 1080Rider; 05-19-2006 at 09:51 AM.

Ahh, the VMAX, muscle car of bikes- Check out this video!

Husaberg 400 fe, minus the tail light, and a lot of scratches.

The V-Max is a great bike unless you want to turn. There's some Swiss bike customizer that does some really cool looking customizing, making them look more like fast naked bikes than a Nighthawk on steroids.

Last edited by Tippster; 05-19-2006 at 01:39 PM.

Just got my motorcycle license about a half-hour ago after going through the MSF training and passing the written test. Now all I have to do is purchase a motorcycle. Once I figure out what's going to happen with my transfer interviews I am looking at a Yamaha 650 V-star classic. Hopefully I'll be able to find a local used one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster
    The V-Max is a great bike unless you want to turn. There's some Swiss bike customizer that does some really cool looking customizing, making them look more like fast naked bikes than a Nighthawk on steroids.
    So, other than the Ducati mentioned above, what other bikes have the Herculean horsepower of the VMAX and can handle the curves as well? Reviews online of the VMAX indicate that it's a straightline dragster monster, but so-so in the cornering department.

And it would be super handy if it were comfortable for long-distance cruising, so most sportbikes are out.
    Last edited by boarderline; 05-19-2006 at 04:17 PM.
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Grange
    Just got my motorcycle license about a half-hour ago after going through the MSF training and passing the written test. Now all I have to do is purchase a motorcycle. Once I figure out what's going to happen with my transfer interviews I am looking at a Yamaha 650 V-star classic. Hopefully I'll be able to find a local used one.
    Congrats!! Learned a lot, didn't you.

Best way to start on a bike.

I do like the V-Stars.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderline
    So, other than the Ducati mentioned above, what other bikes have the Herculean horsepower of the VMAX and can handle the curves as well? Reviews online of the VMAX indicate that it's a straightline dragster monster, but so-so in the cornering department.
    The v-rod has similar stock specs to the v-max. THe old honda Magna vf1100 came out a year before the v-max and was pretty similar in abilities. They are both v-4's. I am hoping to get my buddies old magna this winter if I have a bit of $$, he will be giving me a killer deal. These bikes are not supr good in the turns as they are power cruisers. A lot of mods can be done to the bikes to make them handle better. Fork switch, lengthened swing arms, better shocks and springs are pretty normal upgrades for handling issues.

Any sportbike will be pretty hot in terms of handling as well as power. The new Kaw ZX14 is a monster: 160hp!!
    Recently overheard: "Hey Ralph, what were you drinking that time that you set your face on fire?"

Quote Originally Posted by boarderline
    So, other than the Ducati mentioned above, what other bikes have the Herculean horsepower of the VMAX and can handle the curves as well?
    Triumph Sprint 1050- if i had to own one this would be it--naked bike are unuseable on high speed trips imo but rock for short hops
    Last edited by mookie blaylock; 05-19-2006 at 05:09 PM.

DisArray Guest
    This is what I want.

Dude - it's French.... ^^^

The ZX14 actually tested out at 186HP at the crank, Oarhead - see the current Cycle magazine Cover story... should still be above 170 at the wheel since it's a chain drive. I also wish Harley would let their Buell division use the v-rod's motor to build a bike that likes turning. Imagine a Thunderbolt with that Porshe designed motor! Alas it seems it's up to some rich dudes to buy a V-rod and strip the engine out, since Harley has no plans (AFAIK) of offering solely the engine as a whole for sale.

Boarderline: Any 4 banger literbike (1000cc) and up Streetbike is going to have more than 125 horses under it. Hell, the new generation of 600's, like the Kawi ZX6R and Suzi GSX600R have about that much now.
    Last edited by Tippster; 05-20-2006 at 02:58 PM.