Page 123 of 151 FirstFirst ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 3764
    Third layer vs dedicated rain

3L is an oven in temperate and warm clim
    ​I am not in your hurry

I just carry a PVC rain jacket in the pack. Heavy rain is pretty rare on my rides. I always wear waterproof riding pants and boots though. I like to hit puddles and stream crossings without thinking twice about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    On the topic of gear, has anyone had experience with the pull over rain gear? Seems like adding that over summer gear is a good quiver option for three season riding, but I’ve seen mixed reviews on that stuff
    Just got some Mosko pullover rain pants on closeout. Fit well over my stuff and seems nice. Haven't ridden in the rain with them yet. They pack down small enough to fit in my bladder pack. For $100, worth a shot.

Oh nice. I’ll take a look at those. Ikon, who is local to me in PDX makes some as well that I may check out.

Checking in from the sawatch
    Name:  20211121_133238-01.jpeg
Views: 489
Size:  138.0 KB
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Welcome! I'm also 5'9", and about 140# and have struggled to find well fitting moto gear for 15 years. The euro brands are usually better, but Klim in particular fits like a paper bag. (They know their audience, and it's not endurance athletes.)

I agree than most of them have too many features, but you really do need the straps to keep armor in place, and without the zippers it will either be too warm or too cold. If you want a jacket to be versatile, it's going to have some shit like that.

I finally found a jacket that I really like 2 years ago: Scorpion Yosemite. It has more pockets than I need, and the removable liners are as useless as all of the others, but it fits my long arms and skinny torso better than anything else I've tried. The vents work really well, and the armor is decent. https://www.scorpionusa.com/product/yosemite-jacket/

For pants I use some dual sport ones that were made by a guy in Utah for a while. I bought 2 pair when he announced that the was closing up shop. They have huge vents on front and back so they work from 35-90F. The main thing is that your pants need to be really abrasion resistant. I use separate strap on kneepads that go into my (tall) boots, and strongly recommend that approach. If your pants are tight enough to keep the knee armor in place you'll look like a motogp racer. Decent looking pants with built in armor will just let it move away when you need it most.

Oh, and good call on the little bike. It's more fun to really cane one of those than it is to always feel like you're holding a faster one back to avoid getting arrested.
    Thanks, this is helpful. Do you go with small or medium in the Scorpion jacket?

Burning some gas today
    Name:  20211121_135639-01.jpeg
Views: 509
Size:  174.5 KB
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

I wear Aerostich, they have more sizes than you can shake a stick at. They also come in short, regular, and tall. They also can do custom beyond that. I bought mine used, because I’m a bottom feeder. Great gear!

I also carry a lightweight Alpinstar Seal out suit for torrential downpours. I don’t wear it often, Aerostich has a Goretex layer.

No gas burnt
    Name:  20211121_144432-01.jpeg
Views: 499
Size:  149.6 KB

5’8”, 145#, I have an Aether Badlands and a Roland Sands Ronin jackets that fit well. Street styled, close fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    On the topic of gear, has anyone had experience with the pull over rain gear? Seems like adding that over summer gear is a good quiver option for three season riding, but I’ve seen mixed reviews on that stuff
    Frog Togs. Cheap, really cheap, lightweight, and waterproof. I go through a pair in 2 seasons. So easy.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Just finally had a wet morning turn to severe, severe frozen slickness after a mid day cold front passage. Lots of slideyness and even cars/trucks stuck on hills and stuff around town.
    Just rode the motorcycle around town, haha…fucking amazing!
    What’s gnarly is stopping at an intersection and nearly dumping it because my damn feet have no traction, and also being able to drag foot in the turns with no friction.

Omg, totally worth all the hassle getting this all set. Fun fun fun!

I wear old ski jackets and jeans.

Underlayers are the big thing for winter

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Thanks, this is helpful. Do you go with small or medium in the Scorpion jacket?
    It's a M.

I also have a Vanson leather jacket in 40 that fits amazingly, but it's not remotely practical. Protective and stylish, yes, but it weighs like 15 pounds and gets hot quickly.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

How you liking the Sur Ron?
    Common sense. So rare today in America it's almost like having a superpower.

Sur Ron is a lot of fun for the kind of riding we do which is mostly forest service roads above 10k. We have about 1200m between the 2 bikes and they've been flawless. 0 issues despite being ridden enthusiastically by me and a bunch of different teenagers.

They get tossed around in the choss up high on the divide cuz they're so light at ~120# but the linear torque curve and nimble handling are very confidence inspiriting. In fact, I was laying partially underneath one in the snow last week (after I ate it around a right hand curve) thinking how happy I was that it wasn't an ice dirt bike @ 250#.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    No gas burnt
    Name:  20211121_144432-01.jpeg
Views: 499
Size:  149.6 KB
    What is that thing? Saw one on a tow hitch Sunday on I25 North.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Sur Ron is a lot of fun for the kind of riding we do which is mostly forest service roads above 10k. We have about 1200m between the 2 bikes and they've been flawless. 0 issues despite being ridden enthusiastically by me and a bunch of different teenagers.

They get tossed around in the choss up high on the divide cuz they're so light at ~120# but the linear torque curve and nimble handling are very confidence inspiriting. In fact, I was laying partially underneath one in the snow last week (after I ate it around a right hand curve) thinking how happy I was that it wasn't an ice dirt bike @ 250#.
    What range are you getting out of them?
    Thinking about getting one for my wife, she hates using a clutch.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

We rarely ride more than 15m in one shot (mostly used at our cabin so we can charge at lunch or whatever) so I don't have much occasion to test the range but they'll do 30-40m on a charge depending on the rider, terrain, and sport/eco mode. The range question is further complicated by their regenerative coasting. We don't burn nearly as much battery descending, especially if it's fairly steep.

They definitely can't do all the stuff that my neighbor's fancy new sherco 300 can but they're a hell of a lot easier to ride and they're remarkably quiet, even at full throttle.

We rarely ride more than 15m in one shot (mostly used at our cabin so we can charge at lunch or whatever) so I don't have much occasion to test the range but they'll do 30-40m on a charge depending on the rider, terrain, and sport/eco mode. The range question is further complicated by their regenerative coasting. We don't burn nearly as much battery descending, especially if it's fairly steep.

They definitely can't do all the stuff that my neighbor's fancy new sherco 300 can but they're a hell of a lot easier to ride and they're remarkably quiet, even at full throttle.
    15 m =miles? Or minutes? Thx

Whoops, yup taking miles not minutes

Is there any way to make them road legal pretty easily? They look freaking awesome and I want one but living in a city makes them legally unrideable all other times

If people can ride stupid ass scooters everywhere why can't you have an E downhill bike?

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    15 m =miles? Or minutes? Thx

Cool thx! It might be prefect for my wife. She doesn't have interest in riding trials with me and sure as shit doesn't need anything like my 300 . She'll ride Singletrack whenever she can though with one of these I bet.

I haven't done much research on making ours street legal cuz we mostly run them in the national forest but I've heard that it varies widely by jurisdiction. Luna makes a cool street tire/wheel kit that I'd jump on if we used them in town more often.