Page 77 of 151 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 3756
    ^^^Nice, I can't even imagine how many times I would have dropped the bike in those conditions...well done.

Props to Nutmeg, looks like a fun track day. I have never done a bike track day, but have many times in a car, including a few at Laguna Seca, fun, fun, fun.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    ^^^Nice, I can't even imagine how many times I would have dropped the bike in those conditions...well done.
    Yeah, the bike gets dropped plenty, I only include the stylish dismounts in the edits though

Finally had my first bike adventure outside of commuting and errands. Drove from Jackson to Bozeman in an afternoon taking back roads in Idaho, then went for my first ever off road adventure. The riding was green circle to blue square, but it took me out of my comfort zone and gave me a lot more confidence than I started with.

Ride with some friends on their 40 yo Hodaka dirt bikes. Very cool to see their old bikes still doing what they were made for years ago.

Nice.

So cool!

What bike is that one with the chrome tank? Looks like an old Honda CL

1971 Hodaka 125. It took more finesse to ride than my bike, but did amazingly well

oh cool. it's pretty sweet looking

Finally upgrading from my 89 Yamaha Xt350 to a more modern, more capable, bike.
    My Friend has a 04 ktm400exc im considering buying. It's got 4k miles, not ridden hard, mostly road travel (a Travesty if u ask me)
    I hear good things about the ktm FSR engines that were used from 02-07 and that the new engines are less reliable and more maintenance intensive
    I only mention this because my other buddy is selling a cherry 09 ktm450 exc, that I'm also considering but I hear such good things about the 400 and earlier models I think I'm going to go with the 04.

Anyone have some knowledge about these bikes?

Also, dragged out an old barn bike that was at my girls place, a fun little 1984 Honda xr200r. It's pretty much been in storage in the barn for 30 years. I just put in some gas, a touch of starter fluid and it kicked right over. I'm gonna gear it back to spec, (it's now geared for trail riding) so she can join me for some dual sport rides

Cool looking in a retro way
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I jump from 2001 to 2016 with the KTM, so didn't keep up with what's in between. 2001 is still going strong and other than e-start, there isn't anything that makes you go wow, other than price.

4k sounds like a bunch, but not for the age, and really not at all. 40 rides at a 100 miles, or 120 hours, maybe could be pushing 200 hours. Single track can blow your mind how slow it really is if you have a computer to keep track, 10mph can be the average there.

Some guys get anal about cush hub or cush sprocket for lots of pavement. So guess give the countershaft sprocket area a good look over for oil leak and see if it's got any wiggle. Proably time to have the valves checked, or at least it would be on the newer 4 strokes?

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    I jump from 2001 to 2016 with the KTM, so didn't keep up with what's in between. 2001 is still going strong and other than e-start, there isn't anything that makes you go wow, other than price.

4k sounds like a bunch, but not for the age, and really not at all. 40 rides at a 100 miles, or 120 hours, maybe could be pushing 200 hours. Single track can blow your mind how slow it really is if you have a computer to keep track, 10mph can be the average there.

Some guys get anal about cush hub or cush sprocket for lots of pavement. So guess give the countershaft sprocket area a good look over for oil leak and see if it's got any wiggle. Proably time to have the valves checked, or at least it would be on the newer 4 strokes?
    Thanks, CO for the insight.

I checked the bike over and decided against It. The bike was beat, with too many red flags. The owner before used it for enduro racing (3,200 miles) the back rim was bent, the old skid plate that was on it was really fucked up, the tire wiggled a Couple mm., and The engine would sputter and backfire while decelerating. Then he wanted about what he paid for it ($3600) because, you know, he had spent several hundred getting it tuned at the shop.

I'm looking at a couple others, mostly ktm FRS 450exc In mass and Connecticut.

WMWAMB:
    This one is 2005 450exc claims to only 847 miles, and 48hrs, but does it look a little beat up and scuffed for those hours? Is it easy to cheat the odometer?
    I think he'd lower the price to $3500...
    https://nwct.craigslist.org/mcy/6156002854.html

The other one I'm considering is a 07 450exc with 4,500mi for $3200
    https://worcester.craigslist.org/mcy/6183437925.html

Also considering my other friends 09 450exc with super low miles, but havn't talked about pricing yet, and I've been trying to avoid the 08-09 models, though I hear the 09 are hit or miss when it comes to the known issues from those models years
    Are they both reasonably priced? Which one is the best value?

The price on these things is all over the place, and they usually garner a little more than the blue book value.

Tia, Any help is greatly appreciated
    Last edited by My Pet Powder Goat; 06-29-2017 at 12:24 PM.
    get paid

What do you guys think about the Rekluse Clutch?

My son has one on his KTM350SXF and swears by it's performance in technical terrain.
    Says he clears a lot of stuff, that other bikes get bogged down in and stall out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    What do you guys think about the Rekluse Clutch?

My son has one on his KTM350SXF and swears by it's performance in technical terrain.
    Says he clears a lot of stuff, that other bikes get bogged down in and stall out.
    Love it but it is definitely a crutch. If you come out to the RFV you can ride my 250XC 2 smoker with a Rekluse and try it out.

If your goal is to just get out there with your buddies and keep up then yes its great. If your goal is to become a better rider in technical terrain, stay with a standard clutch.

Thanks, I might just do that. I've been out of dirt bikes for a while and will be pretty rusty. I think I'll just be happy trying to keep up.

Thursday 15-Jun-2017

51% smartass, 49% dumbass

Pulled the trigger on this minty, low hour 06 ktm 400exc.

It was immaculate, 105hrs, with all the popular goodies: aftermarket suspension, scott dampner, EE seat, fmf muffler, gas tank, skis plate etc.

Had to pay for it since Both myself and the seller knew what he had, but its worth it saving me from having to get all the add ons myself

A lot different then the old xt350!
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post

Pulled the trigger on this minty, low hour 06 ktm 400exc.

It was immaculate, 105hrs, with all the popular goodies: aftermarket suspension, scott dampner, EE seat, fmf muffler, gas tank, skis plate etc.

Had to pay for it since Both myself and the seller knew what he had, but its worth it saving me from having to get all the add ons myself

A lot different then the old xt350!
    Nice, I have it's first cousin an 07 XCW400.
    Awesome bikes.

I love the shot of the XR200 a few posts back.
    I rode an 85 XR350R for years...

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Nice, I have it's first cousin an 07 XCW400.
    Awesome bikes.

I love the shot of the XR200 a few posts back.
    I rode an 85 XR350R for years...

Love the old retro bikes! So cool, and fun to ride as well

How do you like your rear trials tire on that bike? I have the same perelli that came with the bike, and it's ok, but spins like a top if I goose it on the loose stuff.
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Love the old retro bikes! So cool, and fun to ride as well

How do you like your rear trials tire on that bike? I have the same perelli that came with the bike, and it's ok, but spins like a top if I goose it on the loose stuff.
    For 95% of the terrain we have up here (Cascade Crest and East) they are pretty good.

I am switching to the Kenda Equilibrium in the near future however.
    They seem pretty soft however I think they will wear OK for our specific mix of dirt and rock.
    On the down side it's not a DOT approved tire, however it seems pretty rare that they check that up in the wildz around here.

Maggot motorcycle stoke thread

Dad picked this up for 100 bucks, may park it when done at my place. 1960s model!

We are complete Rokon jongs , anyone own one?

Maggot motorcycle stoke thread

100 plus miles of gravel roads and trail today. Union pass area, with side trips and dead end trails exploration. Had a few good scares, and one proper off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    100 plus miles of gravel roads and trail today. Union pass area, with side trips and dead end trails exploration. Had a few good scares, and one proper off.

haha yes! How is that 690 on tight single track?

Mud will get ya!
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    haha yes! How is that 690 on tight single track?
    It is my first and only, so a little hard to compare. I have found it to be surprisingly good, easy to thread through stuff, and reasonably manageable when putting up a fight. I had several other solid scares that I recovered from easily. It is a 300lbs dirt bike with plenty of power, go figure. I would like to try a proper dirt bike to compare now. It will go 90 on the highway and do single track. Both are stressful, but everything in between is fun.

Anyone else follow Lyndon Proskitt?

How did you change your username??