Page 22 of 151 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Get a room.

Quote Originally Posted by phUnk View Post
    Get a room.
    Dude, you contribute MAD stoke. You're the stoke master!!!

I'm rarely jealous of other people's posessions, but one of my co-workers just ordered this:

Fucker.

edit: he got the supercharged limited edition one...couldn't find a pic of it but imagine a big ass supercharger stuck to the side.
    Last edited by tex1230; 04-23-2007 at 10:05 AM.

Is that a Confederate Hellcat? Supposedly they break down frequently, and are nowhere near retaining their value (for a $60k custom bike... )

Don't be jealous - you can get a bike that's faster, more reliable, handles better, and IMHO better looking for 1/2 what he paid.
    Last edited by Tippster; 04-23-2007 at 10:16 AM.

That's definitely a confederate...not my preferred style of bike, but pretty cool looking none the less. I've also heard that have maintenance issues, but then again, so does Ducati.
    The educational benefit most receive outweighs those that will be lost in the process

yes confederate - and tipp - double that price for the limited edition.
    I'll take a modified speed triple over and $40k in my pocket over that all day long...but it is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by tex1230 View Post
    yes confederate - and tipp - double that price for the limited edition.
    I'll take a modified speed triple over and $40k in my pocket over that all day long...but it is beautiful.
    Double that price?!?

I'm not sure I understand the allure there...but then again I prefer sportbikes and nekkids anyways. For that price I could have a 1098 Tricoloure AND a speed triple AND enough left over for a third bike if I wanted.
    The educational benefit most receive outweighs those that will be lost in the process

here is the peice of crap i built 2 years ago. (took 6months and bout 15k or so total for parts/materials, but the stoke from the power and torque is worth every penny!)

That's fucking class, JBG. Impressed!

This is the 1980 Suzuki GS1000 streetfighter/Yoshimura racebike replica project I've been working on for the last 6 months or so. The Yoshimura tuned GS1000 won the AMA roadracing championships in '80 and '81. So far, I've added a 2004 GSXR 1000 front end, and did a 2006 GSXR 1000 monoshock conversion in the back for better tires/brakes/handling. I also added GSXR 1000 rearsets.

Started out looking like this:

and now looks like this (mid-project photos):

and will wind up looking like the original '81 Yoshimura GS1000 when it's done:

Last edited by boarderline; 04-23-2007 at 02:06 PM.
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Wow JGB...some piece of crap you threw together there!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Why change the forks? The original ones looked much more true to form!

(I know I know - Modern Handling out of an "old" looking bike.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Why change the forks? The original ones looked much more true to form!

(I know I know - Modern Handling out of an "old" looking bike.....)
    You pretty much nailed it. The Suzuki GS 1000/1100/1150 engines make a LOT of torque and are practically bulletproof, so much so that the motors are still used today to make dragbikes. The stock running gear is very dated though - spindly swingarms/forks, skinny bias ply tires and poor brakes. So by upgrading the suspension, you get all that oldschool torque with newschool handling.

The interesting part to me about this project so far has been designing and fabricating all the parts required to graft the new GSXR front end and swingarm/monoshock conversion onto this bike.
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

I just picked this '99 XT600 up from a dude in the Air Force who brought it back from Euroland. They don't make these here anymore so I'm having a bit of trouble titling and registering it though. Worse comes to worse, it gets a bigger tank and some knobbies and I'll have a sweet trail bike for the desert around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

This video is awesome. Dude riding around the globe on an R1.

check it:

Great video. I'll pass on the mudholes and creek crossings on my sportbike though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers
    That's how the plague started back in the day...from a little disgusting bird bath in someones back yard that rats made sex to birds in and created a whole new type of AIDS

All I can think about right now is burning up some twisties on my bike cruising through the Southwest.....maybe taking a left turn down the california baja. Anyone done the baja on a bike?

Last bike - 2001 Honda RC51, custom paint / decals by EmpireGP in New York, awesome quality work if you don't mind the 3 month turn around.

Laguna Seca track day on a Ducati 996. I thought I was doing really well until a guy in his 60s blew past underneath me on a '96 Honda Interceptor with ancient black leathers scuffed to shit. I learned that day experience beats youth every time. Huge balls and sticky tires help too.
    Last edited by Jhegland; 05-08-2007 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Jhegland View Post

Last bike - 2001 Honda RC51, custom paint / decals by EmpireGP in New York, awesome quality work if you don't mind the 3 month turn around.

Laguna Seca track day on a Ducati 996. I thought I was doing really well until a guy in his 60s blew past underneath me on a '96 Honda Interceptor with ancient black leathers scuffed to shit. I learned that day wisdom beats you every time. Huge balls and sticky tires help too.
    Sweet. That shot of you at Laguna Seca is really nice.

I did a killer track day yesterday at Miller Motorsports Park. It was my second at MMP and I'll probably do a few more this season. It was this event and the turnout from the Western states was big:

http://www.racing2savelives.org/miller.php

I rode close to 250 miles and I am feeling the effects today. I had a few moments trying to hang on to some of the racers and also had a great time going through fields of slower riders and hookin up for long stints of back and forth dicing with some guys riding at my pace.

We rode the East and West track all morning(never any down time unless you wanted a break), then rode the full 4.5 mile track from 1-6:30PM.

Got to hang out with the Bostrom brothers too and they were super cool and hooked my 4 year old boy up.

I just put down a deposit on the 6/26 California Superbike School track day at Miller.

I have some new front brake pads on the way so I'll pass tech, and I'm STOKED.

STOKED.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens View Post
    All I can think about right now is burning up some twisties on my bike cruising through the Southwest.....maybe taking a left turn down the california baja. Anyone done the baja on a bike?
    I had a group of three friends ride their Rice rockets down there from San Diego. They woke up one morning in some flophouse motel to all three bikes being gone - the Federales think a drug cartel guy saw them ride through Tijuana, followed them, then loaded their bikes on pickup trucks.

I'd ride Baja on a BMW GS series bike or the KTM Paris-Dakar type bike, since the roads suck ass. Also, to see anything really scenic you have to get off the pavement, so having some long travel forks, knobbies, and serious ground clearance would help.

Oh, and I'd bring a big fucking chain.

Quote Originally Posted by str8line View Post
    Got to hang out with the Bostrom brothers too and they were super cool and hooked my 4 year old boy up.
    I'm insanely jealous! I met Ben a few years back when he first switched back to AMA with Honda. He was having a shit season though, and a pretty disappointing round at Laguna so wasn't feeling all too chatty. Oh well, got a poster and a signed Suomy Bostrom replica helmet to show for it.

I just put down a deposit on the 6/26 California Superbike School track day at Miller.
    Nice! CSB is a great track school, even if Keith Code is more than a little...."fried." His instructors are fantastic though and make it look ridiculously easy.

I have some new front brake pads on the way so I'll pass tech, and I'm STOKED.

STOKED.

I did a few secessions with keith Code back in the early 90’s

If he’s still with them, try and get some time with Donnie Green. (Five time world 250cc champ)

That guys smoother at 140 mph than most people are at 40 mph. His tight inside turns are poetry.

Inside tip: most of those guy’s in Codes crew are devout Scientologist’s, so no L. Ron Hubbard jokes.

Don’t ask me how I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    I had a group of three friends ride their Rice rockets down there from San Diego. They woke up one morning in some flophouse motel to all three bikes being gone - the Federales think a drug cartel guy saw them ride through Tijuana, followed them, then loaded their bikes on pickup trucks.

I'd ride Baja on a BMW GS series bike or the KTM Paris-Dakar type bike, since the roads suck ass. Also, to see anything really scenic you have to get off the pavement, so having some long travel forks, knobbies, and serious ground clearance would help.

Oh, and I'd bring a big fucking chain.
    I feel you on the bmw GS bikes. Would make total sense down there.

If I stayed at a hotel, t would be gated.