Page 97 of 151 FirstFirst ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 3756
    Glimpse of the Gunny river in the Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP from Montrose area ST
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peach.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	286809  

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I really like that Triumph of Meadow Skipper's. So cool how they blended a totally modern bike with the classic styling of the past.
    Yo H. - My buddy might sell you his Triumph Thruxton 900 w/mods. It would fit you perfectly for that commute to work, chugging down canyon, etc.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C360_2015-10-10-13-32-49-822.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	286817
    It's the right color too. Photo has a funky filter going on...We were fishing on the Wind in Dubois this day.

Damn this made my day. Remember it all vividly; had a couple of the rev bike toys and the lunchbox. remember we'd saw off the tailpipes so the wheelie would be higher and go longer. Crank was a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    "Can't you see..."

Anybody got an older Honda CT 90 or Trail 90? How do you like it?

Thinking about getting one. They were originally marketed toward outdoors men. I have even seen them with rifle scabbards. Parts and what not are readily available and inexpensive. I especially like the high/low range gear reduction for off road riding. They look like a lot of fun.

Name:  Honda_Trail_90a.JPG
Views: 841
Size:  80.3 KB

I had the Trail 70 as a kid and rode the heck out of that thing. I would try to get one of those but they are quite a bit higher in price and often used and need repair/replacement. Still would have one if I can find it relatively local and in good riding condition.

Name:  img_tHvTFSKFuq.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  32.0 KB
    watch out for snakes

I would personally get an XT250 or something like that. I think the 90 is going to be slower than you’d want, and not really very capable anywhere off road. I also prefer to have a gas tank to squeeze with my knees as opposed to the moped.

If you just want something to putter around town then get whatever turns your screws.

Old Hondas are stupid easy to work on, but parts are starting to get harder to find if you want to keep it OEM.

Still riding my CT 110 w/ < 2900 miles. 2 kicks! today. THE shuttle king!

This guy rides A Vesper everywhere.

La Vida Vespa

So I don’t really get a ton of opportunities to ride the bike - work, parenting other stuff- but taking it apart and putting it back together is a different kind of fun

Started with this - had been found in a shed and a carb kit, chain, sprockets, and tires later was working ok- but the rusty pipe had to go and it was blowing a bit blue

Name:	IMG_5592.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	354.9 KB 
ID:	288599
    So she came apart

Name:	IMG_6435.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	257.7 KB 
ID:	288600

Very apart

Name:	IMG_6480.JPG 
Size:	242.8 KB 
ID:	288601

New rings

Name:	57741283608__8519E606-4DAF-4BC1-A222-C87F2D4F8B21.JPG 
Size:	269.1 KB 
ID:	288602

New pipe and header

Name:	IMG_6570.JPG 
Size:	235.9 KB 
ID:	288603

Ready for 25 more years of adventure

Name:	IMG_6610.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	203.0 KB 
ID:	288604

I went up 2 in the main jet and I have a pilot jet and couple larger main jets on order as well. It is the “L” version which was corked up in stock form- the new headers and pipe had her dangerously lean

Forks, shocks next - then I will prob have to find something else to tinker with....

...or I could break this one.

^^^^^
    Very nice. The new exhaust looks so much better and more free flowing. How did the cyl. wal[ look? Smoove?

Laughing at the nice hydraulic lift in one shot, then an ammo can in the others...

- - - - - - - - - - -

I have yet to ride my moto this summer but I got the clearance yesterday from my Dr. ; not sure if I'm ready yet. New ACL is feeling good though, so soon.

Anyone motoring into NW Wyoming this summer?

Sweet rebuild, hope you gets lots of saddle time in on it.
    watch out for snakes

Maggot motorcycle stoke thread

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    ^^^^^
    Very nice. The new exhaust looks so much better and more free flowing. How did the cyl. wal[ look? Smoove?

Laughing at the nice hydraulic lift in one shot, then an ammo can in the others...

- - - - - - - - - - -

I have yet to ride my moto this summer but I got the clearance yesterday from my Dr. ; not sure if I'm ready yet. New ACL is feeling good though, so soon.

Anyone motoring into NW Wyoming this summer?
    Ya the cylinders were so nice it wrecked my plan. I had dreams of a big bore kit but my cheaper inclinations wouldn’t allow me to waste perfectly good cylinder wall. So a quick hone, new rings and back together - maybe next time she comes apart.

Ya lift = bros shop (he has tools and skills and a wife who loves playing with the kids while we tinker - so it don’t get much better)

Ammo can = my paint booth

2 races so far on this 350 xcf and I'm in love. Corners as good as my mountain bike.

Name:	sargents2.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	822.1 KB 
ID:	289057

Got some high altitude ST this weekend, but some gullies still holding pockets of impassable avalanche debris.

Took a 5 minute lap on my GoGo yesterday. Just testing how awkward the new ACL/Meniscus/MCL would feel.
    Not too bad, noticeable but doable. Hope for regular riding by August.

Temps in the 50's in the AM, 70s-80s by pm. Good riding in the Yellowstone zone this summer. Crowds are chill too so far. Harry puttered thru the YSNP with no delay on Saturday.

Simple and Bluespark...great pictures. That's the shit that makes we wanna get back into motos. My small garage, checkbook and the idiot cagers is what keeps me away.

My dual sport set up is pretty fun also

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    So I don’t really get a ton of opportunities to ride the bike - work, parenting other stuff- but taking it apart and putting it back together is a different kind of fun

Started with this - had been found in a shed and a carb kit, chain, sprockets, and tires later was working ok- but the rusty pipe had to go and it was blowing a bit blue

Name:	IMG_5592.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	354.9 KB 
ID:	288599
    So she came apart

Name:	IMG_6435.JPG 
Size:	257.7 KB 
ID:	288600

Very apart

Name:	IMG_6480.JPG 
Size:	242.8 KB 
ID:	288601

New rings

Name:	57741283608__8519E606-4DAF-4BC1-A222-C87F2D4F8B21.JPG 
Size:	269.1 KB 
ID:	288602

New pipe and header

Name:	IMG_6570.JPG 
Size:	235.9 KB 
ID:	288603

Ready for 25 more years of adventure

Name:	IMG_6610.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	203.0 KB 
ID:	288604

I went up 2 in the main jet and I have a pilot jet and couple larger main jets on order as well. It is the “L” version which was corked up in stock form- the new headers and pipe had her dangerously lean

Forks, shocks next - then I will prob have to find something else to tinker with....

...or I could break this one.
    Nice work, and extreme jealousy on your mech skills. Must be nice to look at something that needs a bunch of work and then just do it. Bet she's a fun ride!

Awesome to be that good with your hands! Wonder what kind of investment in tools that takes

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Nice work, and extreme jealousy on your mech skills. Must be nice to look at something that needs a bunch of work and then just do it. Bet she's a fun ride!
    Thanks man I am actually very mediocre- but I can follow instructions.

Like I am not much of a cook but I can follow a recipe.

I invest in the oem shop manual and watch a lot of YouTube vids, read a lot of the forums and a couple books. I grew up on a farm and made a living with chainsaws for a while so have the basics of small engines.

I am lucky that my brother is a 40+ year journeyman auto mechanic (that’s his retirement shop in the pics), and a neighbor who is a heavy duty mechanic - I try to do it myself and sometimes screw it up- but it’s good to have some folks to ask. For example - I somehow closed the gap on the spark plug putting the head back on - took me a couple days to figure that one out. Called in everyone I knew- finally one of the guys at the fire hall just said start at the beginning- hows your spark? Felt like an idiot

But I wanted to learn so I am learning - doesn’t hurt that a single cylinder 4 stroke is about as simple a machine as you can hope to find. I am not sure I would try it on a more modern fuel injected machine - yet.

It is just so satisfying to ride it now knowing the effort I put into it and that I could do it again if need be.

As far as tools- I probably could replace everything I have for $500 at crappy tire if they had a sale - everything I need for $250. Just a multimeter and a couple torque wrenches above what most folks have for their mtb. But the car stuff is way cheaper.

I am actually kinda looking for an old vw type III - or ghia or maybe a Toyota fj from the 70s for the next project - but a street bike would be sweet as well.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

One of those is what I could dig riding. Might swing by the Honda dealer on way home from Costco later to look.
    watch out for snakes

For you VT Dual Sport riders I had a nice little adventure over Randolph Gap just north of Bethel MTN road. I borrowed my father’s KLR 650, to visit family and took the opportunity to explore some roads I was not familiar with. Spotted Gideon Brook road as a way to get up and over to Rochester. The road went from gravel to a nice class 4 two track to a stream bed made from a road. Then a series of mud puddles, to a washed out culvert. The KLR was as always surprisingly capable, but I’d take an even more crawler version of first gear. I had a brief chance to bail out on a crossing gravel road of some sort, but fool hartedly struck off up a snow mobile trail to Randolph Gap. The trial is seeing some ATV or side-by-side use so rocks had some flow to them. But again first gear was a bit too fire hose as I climbed over stream bed and ledge. At the gap there is a ridge trail. To the north it is blocked by a gate, to the south it appears to go up Rochester mountain. Over the gap into Rochester, the road is decent, but perhaps closed to motor vehicles. Some startled hikers asked where I had come from. The dude turns out was day dreaming bringing his dual sport up there already. I like to think he was impress with the plastic laden KLR, with semi smooth tires being up there.
    Anyhow a fun area to explore, probably a lot more to be seen.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Name:	IMG_0132.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	314.5 KB 
ID:	290001

At Bear Valley right now
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Maggot motorcycle stoke thread

Name:	IMG_6301.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	290098
    Evening rip out in the back forty

How is driving on the highway/with a cross wind with the bike on the back? I seriously considered one of those racks for the KLR, but it already catches a ton of wind, and I think I might actually take off with a bike behind me. That being said combining moto and mtn biking is epic... Curious on your take.
    i shred the gnar

I put this bike together for my wife. Basically it’s a US Beta Evo 200 Sport which is not available here in Canada. Slow throttle, bigger counter shaft, long ride kit (7 litres total fuel), shorter shift lever, poly rear fender (stock breaks super easy and is $$$). Wife is 5’5” 115 lbs so likes the low seat and light weight. I scaled it at 178 lbs with full tanks. 31 inch seat height
    The photo doesn't show the new fender and shift lever

Name:	Donna's Evo with kit 002.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	290492