Page 127 of 151 FirstFirst ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 3764
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    If I had room in my garage for another one that Kawi would be at the top of my list in the retro category.
    What's the current lineup?

Just this. And some bicycles and cars and other crap.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SF Dark Stealth.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	415539
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

V4 and single-sided swingarm is a great formula. Quoted power on that is insane.

Yes, it's quick. What sold me on a demo ride was the handling. We have some fairly poor roads in places and in the 3K miles I've ridden it, I don't recall it ever getting out of sorts. I'm trying to plan a track day this summer for it.

If you like the Ducs go look at a multi. I would have got one if I had the budget. V4, comfortable, every bell and whistle. Pretty sweet.

Nice bike...if you like the sports tourers. I've come full circle on the sport tourers after owning one. I don't like the extra weight, esp. up high, and I just do weekend day rides, so I'm not lovin' 'em.

Just this. And some bicycles and cars and other crap.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SF Dark Stealth.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	415539
    Needs a dry clutch and I can't tell if the rear brake has a floating mount?

Track Days: https://njmp.com/wp-content/uploads/...sed-4-1-22.pdf

Join the club at least 7 days in advance:
    https://njmp.com/wp-content/uploads/...sed-4-1-22.pdf

You should try Lightening first. Easier to learn quickly - fewer corners - smoother transitions - higher top end speeds
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    V4 and single-sided swingarm is a great formula. Quoted power on that is insane.
    Jeebus, no shit. That's a Streetfighter, right?

Over 200 horses and under 500 pounds? Fuck, that's a handful.

This pic was on my FB feed today and got me thinking. Anyone here ever had the pleasure on getting on your bike and going for a ride with just your wallet?

Name:  1970 cool.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  148.8 KB
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Sure. The only thing illegal about that in Colorado is lack of eye protection.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    This pic was on my FB feed today and got me thinking. Anyone here ever had the pleasure on getting on your bike and going for a ride with just your wallet?

..Yes
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Yeah, worst allergic reaction of my life. Riding my friends street bike around to bars in Wichita KS. Didn’t wear any eye protection on a spring ride and pollen was stuffed into my nose and eyes. Took a week before I stopped sneezing.

Bummer. My memories are smelling fresh mown lawns in the morning an swallowing the occasional mosquito riding at night.

I think the cable actuated drum brakes would scare me.

You would put your faith in plastic and invisible $0.05 O rings rather than bolt, nut and steel? Interesting.

TT 500 will be coming up for sale as the owner downsizes to move to a new state. He is not now at a place that allows him to emotionally sell it. Rare first year model that he bought new in 1976. Only drove it around the block 3x a year. Dry stored from day one. I might have a chance to buy it for $4k and flip it for $6-7k. OTOH, to downsize and move across the country I regrettably sold a rare first year 1975 Alpina for $900 10 years ago. Needed only a chain and seat cover to be like new and would be worth $5-6k now. Maybe I should tell the guy to keep it. Like me, he's too old to ride it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	500tt.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	290.1 KB 
ID:	415898

You would put your faith in plastic and invisible $0.05 O rings rather than bolt, nut and steel? Interesting.

TT 500 will be coming up for sale as the owner downsizes to move to a new state. He is not now at a place that allows him to emotionally sell it. Rare first year model that he bought new in 1976. Only drove it around the block 3x a year. Dry stored from day one. I might have a chance to buy it for $4k and flip it for $6-7k. OTOH, to downsize and move across the country I regrettably sold a rare first year 1975 Alpina for $900 10 years ago. Needed only a chain and seat cover to be like new and would be worth $5-6k now. Maybe I should tell the guy to keep it. Like me, he's too old to ride it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	500tt.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	290.1 KB 
ID:	415898
    Or flip it for him and share the wealth.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Uh uh.

Nostalgia is overrated.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 387
Size:  13.8 KB

Flip and Share. That's what I'm thinking. My single old lady neighbor put her 220,000 mile Jeep out on the street with a $3200 price tag. She bought it new with the dealer service package and had the oil changed every 3000 miles. I took over the sale and we split the $1200 when I sold it for $4400. Win Win. I mentioned the bike on the Yamaha TT 500 FB page and got 145 likes and 3 offers.

Good man!

Our little suburb has a ton of crusher fines trails as well as some cruiser single track so me and one of the kids have been going out in the evenings after the dog walkers are home and ripping around on the sur rons. It's way too much fun and it's right out the front door. We'd have had the cops called on us 20 times already on ice bikes but the sur rons are so quiet that the few folks we've seen don't even give us a second look. Stupid fun for a half hour after dinner...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Mine is a helmet state; occasionally I'll cruise around the 'hood with no helmet but no further, that's all of 2-3 miles. One state over has no helmet law, where we have a small vacation property, but I'm yet to take the bike there.
    "Can't you see..."

All.
    The.
    Time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

I went for a spin this evening, twas a bit brisk still.

Told myself I was gonna ride a lot more this offseason.
    The old liter bike still launches.
    20 years old and under 50K.
    Just gave her a fresh mobil1 4T change up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Our little suburb has a ton of crusher fines trails as well as some cruiser single track so me and one of the kids have been going out in the evenings after the dog walkers are home and ripping around on the sur rons. It's way too much fun and it's right out the front door. We'd have had the cops called on us 20 times already on ice bikes but the sur rons are so quiet that the few folks we've seen don't even give us a second look. Stupid fun for a half hour after dinner...
    That's awesome! The sur ron looks wicked fun.

By "ice" bikes did you mean gas? Or studded bikes for ice racing? Peaked my interest if ice racing.

I had that engine in an Amen Savior frame. I loved that bike.

Attachment 416066

I think the cable actuated drum brakes would scare me.
    I ride the shit out of a 1980 honda with cable drums front and rear, it’s fine…on the street and highway… and I’m pretty heavy.