Page 40 of 151 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 3764

Nice job text.

For your next project?

Nope...not a scram fan.
    Next project is either gonna be a big cruiser (goldwing/Ultra Glide or the like)
    or a '70s honda cafe...
    Depends on $$$ this year.

that montesa is sick. those bikes are the best for scootin around in the woods. i grew up riding a 50cc montesa and a 250 fantic. in the market right now for a supermoto...any one into riding motards??

worth mentioning again, there's what I believe to be an FZ750 sitting in the weather that somebody could come and take for free. It's a project.

this is in slc

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    worth mentioning again, there's what I believe to be an FZ750 sitting in the weather that somebody could come and take for free. It's a project.

this is in slc
    What year?
    any chance you'd send me a pic and consider crating & shipping? I could cafe that

Stepping outside the Epic Roasthouse (very nice by the way) for some fresh air, I came across this guy - - on his way to Mammoth on a killer K1200! Apparently, he broke the land speed record or something like that back in 2005 (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/255457) on a similar bike.
    Aliases: B-Dub, B-Dubya, & B. White

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    victories? really? is it too late to re-think this?
    Seriously? Run up to Centerville and take a test drive on one and then get back to me. Hell, you'll even get a free t-shirt just for playing.
    Fightin' to save the motherfucking day...

Quote Originally Posted by FartBag Commando View Post
    Seriously? Run up to Centerville and take a test drive on one and then get back to me. Hell, you'll even get a free t-shirt just for playing.
    Yeah...not a real cool move to dis someones brand new ride that they are all excited about. I have taken a look at them, never ridden, but they look like they are well made...plus, they are made in the US right?

That has to count for something...I mean, can you really imagine some Japanese guy on a Star Raider:

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/roa...der/index.html

The Hammer S looks pretty sweet...although...I am not a fan of everyone in the industry using the V-twin....the Hammer 100 ci engine pushes 86 hp and the bike weighs in at 673 dry.

My magna with the V-4 750cc (45.6 ci) pushes 80 hp, and the bike weighs 500 dry.

It just seems like everyone is using the v-twin based purely on style. So we now have all these bikes with heavy low tech gas guzzling engines and the only way to get something that is not a v-twin is to get a sport bike.

Does this annoy anyone else?

What current bikes that are still in production are considered "power cruisers"?

We still have the v-max, but it is more power than cruiser, 2003 was the last year for the magna....not sure what else is still being made. They have been killed and replaced with v-twin cruisers that can't keep up!

i don't know man, my air cooled v-twin pushes 103 HP and 84 ft lbs from 73.4 cu. in. for a 395# dry bike.

seems to get along just fine to me.

i also get about 50 MPG.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    It just seems like everyone is using the v-twin based purely on style. So we now have all these bikes with heavy low tech gas guzzling engines and the only way to get something that is not a v-twin is to get a sport bike.
    It's all about the sound, baby. Seriously.

What current bikes that are still in production are considered "power cruisers"?
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...s/4216203.html

We still have the v-max, but it is more power than cruiser, 2003 was the last year for the magna....not sure what else is still being made. They have been killed and replaced with v-twin cruisers that can't keep up!
    Actually overall they're faster - the Harley V-Rod is comparable to the V-Max performance-wise and handles MUCH better. The V-max' problem is that it's shaft drive (ugh) and so butt ugly.
    Last edited by Tippster; 04-29-2008 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessGruntyPuffs View Post
    Ooops I forgot why I came to this thread to begin with tonight. Fartbag Commando and I are soon to be owners of a couple of Victory's. Stay tuned as we'll post pics of our new babes when they arrive in early May. Whoo hoooo!!
    Tell the Fart to call me, I need to hear this one!
    What are you doing with the bikes you have? (maybe I should read on)

Quote Originally Posted by FartBag Commando View Post
    Hmmm, might do this. Take the Honda up, get a tshirt and ride a bike I can't afford.

I guess the v-rod is a higher tech engine...but it gets about 30 mpg.

Hey fez...what bike is that engine in. I don't think there are many 395 lbs cruisers, which was my point.

it's no cruiser. buell xb12s.

my only point was that an air cooled v twin can make decent power. not sure why those victories can have 500cc more displacement than my bike and 20 hp less.
    Last edited by fez; 04-29-2008 at 01:21 PM.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

Right....so why don't they take that air cooled v-twin and put it in a bike that handles well in the twisties but is also comfortable enough for a multi-day ride (for the average person)?

And for the record...I personally think the "sport touring" bikes are gay.

Right....so why don't they take that air cooled v-twin and put it in a bike that handles well in the twisties but is also comfortable enough for a multi-day ride (for the average person)?

And for the record...I personally think the "sport touring" bikes are gay.

i think you are talking about the buell xb12xt

Ben Franklin

What can I say? I'm a hudge lover of "the road trip", I love the looks of v-twin engines, like the sound they make and want to be comfortable riding long distances. Vics are made in Iowa. I really love the styling... definitely American cruiser looking but not the same old same old. Bottom line is I did a ton of research and test rode quite a few big cruisers. Took the two hour test ride and I was like "oh hell yes!"... didn't get that same feeling on the Road King. The Kingpin has such a naturally balanced feel and response is immediate when you roll the throttle. Regardless of all that, I just want to fuggin' ride. I don't care what you got as long as you like to ride as well and have fun doing it. I hope not to come across brand snobs but if I do I'll just keep on rolling.

Hey Buzz, I'll give you a call when the beasts arrive. We got very good deals on trade for the Yamaha's which allowed us to throw in a couple upgrades like Ness Slash pipes and air intake.

So, who wants to roll to Portland with me in mid-July for the International Beer Festival?
    Fightin' to save the motherfucking day...

I did not mean that your Buell was gay...because I knew it was not a "sport touring" what I meant to imply was that "Sport Touring" bikes have replaced the "power cruiser," but I do not consider it a viable alternative...because I think they are gay. Sorry...did not mean for that to get lost in translation.

I did not mean that your Buell was gay...because I knew it was not a "sport touring" what I meant to imply was that "Sport Touring" bikes have replaced the "power cruiser," but I do not consider it a viable alternative...because I think they are gay. Sorry...did not mean for that to get lost in translation.
    i dont really care what anyone thinks of the sexual preferences of my motorcycle. personally i think cruisers (all show, no go?) are silly. i'd much rather have a bike that can hit some corners hard and rail a canyon than something that is comfortable for 6 hours on the interstate. but for me, a motorcycle is both an affordable sports car and pretty cheap transportion. i used to call my fzr 1000 a poor man's ferrari, but the buell doesnt really fit that description. top speed of 135 or so and rpms top out at 6800. i dont have the need to go 160+ ever again.

i cant really think of a car that matches the buell. big old ancient lump of an engine mated to a tractor transmission powering one of the more advanced chassis designs available. it is rather odd in concept for sure, but in riding, its sweet.
    Ben Franklin

been in the 70's for 2 weeks, finally get the bike out and a new battery installed and it has to go and fucking snow on me
    Last edited by YardDog313; 04-29-2008 at 07:28 PM.

someone posted this on another forum - am now quickly becoming obsessed because they are coming out with a street version...
    you know, electric motors give maximum torque all the time...cool....

http://zeromotorcycles.com/

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/03...trouble-keepi/

Quote Originally Posted by fez View Post
    i cant really think of a car that matches the buell. big old ancient lump of an engine mated to a tractor transmission powering one of the more advanced chassis designs available.

Had a nice ride today. Ive been off two whells fos for 15 yrs so im taking babysteps. Lots of nice twisties her ein southern Mo., this place isnt such a shithole afterall. Pretty great riding actually.

The GS is a perfect bike for me. Not to much power, 90hp, lots of low end torque, but a bit a bit too buzy for me at speed. I upgraded my windscrren so not much buffeting. My big complaint is the transmission must have been designed on a john deere tractor. Some quirks im not sure I like. I might upgrade to a K bike once i get another 5 or 10 k under my belt, and maybe a track school.

Here are a couple of pictures of my 1937 Harley Davidson ULH. She runs strong. 80 cubic inch high compression flathead motor. Motor was rebuilt in the late 90s. I have had the pleasure of owning her since 2004. She smokes a bit but fires up after the priming sequence on the first kick. There is nothing quite like riding an old bike with the foot clutch and hand shift. Unfortunately she is going to be sold soon so if you are interested, drop me a line.

Jong here can not post pictures. DOH!!!
    Last edited by curtisvill; 05-04-2008 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by curtisvill View Post
    Here are a couple of pictures of my 1937 Harley Davidson ULH. She runs strong. 80 cubic inch high compression flathead motor. Motor was rebuilt in the late 90s. I have had the pleasure of owning her since 2004. She smokes a bit but fires up after the priming sequence on the first kick. There is nothing quite like riding an old bike with the foot clutch and hand shift. Unfortunately she is going to be sold soon so if you are interested, drop me a line.

Jong here can not post pictures. DOH!!!
    Damn I was really looking forward to seeing those pics.
    Oh and if anyone has any questions relating to Harleys send me a msg, became a certified Harley mechanic a few years back