Page 93 of 151 FirstFirst ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 3756
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    Like wise, happy to host some campers, and such. Happy to lead some dual sport like rides.
    Warmed up the wrist today in the SE. Rented an Africa Twin and rode the Dragon, plus some smaller roads in the area. Don’t have any desire to ride the DST ever again, but I tried it once.Attachment 275713Attachment 275714

- I am here for the stoke
    It was a tough call when I bought my AT, but I got such a good deal on one with DCT that I went for it. Takes a long while, not a ride or two, to get used to it. Now I like it and spend nearly all my time in manual mode. I think I am about ,000 miles unto it these days. Love the bike...a bit heavy for serious off road, at least with my poor skill level.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Maggot motorcycle stoke thread

Nice Hutash, that AT must a sweet ride to travel and explore on. I don’t have a wealth of knowledge in high speed cornering, or very technical trail, but I am sure having fun on gravel roads and trails.
    I can see that DST having its moments of novelty or convenience. And perhaps some practical moments off road, in traffic, or when you’d rather take in the view, or have a bad left foot, or in this case of a rental and you want something easy to ride. But why make a rental different from what most people are used to? And why ride a bike that changes the subconscious acts of shifting? And why would you want to be more out of tune? And why loose the control of a clutch when needed? Switch to neutered to rev the motor for a girl? (Speaking of which the stock exhaust, is confusingly small.). Overall I just missed the connection of a manual.
    Rant aside it is a nice bike, fairly comfortable, capable off pavement, decent power. I still enjoyed the day. Just not ready to trade in my 690 enduro R, but curious to ride a KTM 1090 at some point in time.
    https://youtu.be/NsceUHpoHXo (Also this helped peak my curiosity.)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Not so fucking fast there, kiddo.

Fly out in 1st class with your fly rods in the overhead. Get a nice place with beau. Rent a cool bike or get a friendly hookup. Race to some blue ribbon stream in greater Yellowstone. Slay. Race back to sweet digs for delicious evening. repeat.

????

I will put her to the test. Repsol woman.

Teton Pass; Togwotee Pass; ID 32 from Tetonia to Ashton. Damn near Racetracks, these roads.

Around the Block - Town/Teton pass/Victor/Pinecreek pass/Swan valley/S.Fork of Snake/Palisades/Alpine/SnakeR.Cyn./Hoback jct./Back into Town. Twisties and Straightaways, Long Sweepers and minimal, easily manipulated traffic.

Riding in the Park don't suck either. Some mornings, one can dash up to see The geyser go off by 9am and be home by noon. Fun roads too with few LEOs.

And as stated before, riding through a meandering herd of Bison is both thrilling and scary. You know what could happen. Sometimes you putter through calm and quietly, sometimes you follow the F350 dually through and hope he doesn't stop, or you wait a 1/3 mile away for 15 minutes and enjoy the view.

Then there's the dirt riding. My friend just inherited an older KLR so I'll have that to kick around on. One could ride across Wyoming on dirt if one so desired. Mostly FS and BLM, well kept and smooth. Relatively. Tons of Trails in the Gros Ventres, Greys, Wyomings and Big Holes.

Saw the bike mechanic at the store the other day. Gonna need the 40k big tune this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Also throwing it out there for a maggot Taylor Park, CO ride at some point this summer. High country single track. I took bluespark up there few years back and we had a blast.
    Yaesss! Definitely interested

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    Rented an Africa Twin and rode the Dragon, plus some smaller roads in the area. Don’t have any desire to ride the DST ever again, but I tried it once.
    within maybe three hours of this; and I've never had the faintest desire to ride it. Had a friend hit sand coming around a curve.

Have stayed around Fontana some, fantastic area.
    "Can't you see..."

Feeling like spring lately, the beast had been parked for a while but I've been starting to put some miles on it

Getting my bike ready for 3000 miles through Baja in April. First long motorcycle tour (I put 150 miles on the other day and rmarked "whew, what a ride" after).
    Going to be interesting.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Wow, enjoy. That is 9n my short list of rides, Its easier for me since the boarder is less then a few hours away. The plan is to ride with a friend, meet the wives down there for a few days then ride back. I`ve driven 3/4 of it in 1980, and it is spectacular. Probably not as nice as it was 40 years ago, but still great. 0lease post a TR.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Just bought this today. Seller suffers from rheumatoid arthritis and really can't ride much anymore. Only about 2500 miles on it and comes with a custom wheelset and new knobbys (knobbies?) Dirt or street, I've got this trip covered.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00707_fPBShBld8mb_1200x900.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	175.6 KB 
ID:	276222  
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Now you need a trailer, Viva.

Now I need a bigger garage!
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Totally.

Pulled my ol' girl out of storage last night. First ride of the season is always special.
    Name:  FB_IMG_1553783607415.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  124.7 KB

Can the collective offer any insight for me... between 3 bikes it seems for me. 17 fz09 with stolic front suspension, ohlins rear, full akra exhaust and tuned, 2013ish speed triple and a 13ish tuono. No track days just a fun summer rider. I live in ohio so twisty are pretty limited. Price wise they are within the budget with the ape being on the higher end. Previous bikes were 03 rsv, 05 zx6r and 04 gsxr 750.

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Wow, enjoy. That is 9n my short list of rides, Its easier for me since the boarder is less then a few hours away. The plan is to ride with a friend, meet the wives down there for a few days then ride back. I`ve driven 3/4 of it in 1980, and it is spectacular. Probably not as nice as it was 40 years ago, but still great. 0lease post a TR.
    I will! Riding in the hot is a new thing for me, and I'm really struggling since most of my rides involve at least a few minutes of being way too cold. No route plan yet, probably a bit more free form with as much off road as possible.

Here's some off road stoke from Utah last weekend:

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Just bought this today. Seller suffers from rheumatoid arthritis and really can't ride much anymore. Only about 2500 miles on it and comes with a custom wheelset and new knobbys (knobbies?) Dirt or street, I've got this trip covered.
    Always wanted to ride one of those 690s. Supposedly similar to a DRZ just more powerful, lighter with better suspension, and an extra gear. Aka not at all like a DRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    I will! Riding in the hot is a new thing for me, and I'm really struggling since most of my rides involve at least a few minutes of being way too cold. No route plan yet, probably a bit more free form with as much off road as possible.

Look into a cooling vest. My brother, who rides a lot of hot deserts swears by them. Baja has more dirt to ride then you can ever do in a life time. You can go border to cape pretty much without ever touching tarmac, and have hundreds of choices along the way. He did the Mexican 1000 last year with a team of old farts and had a great time doing it. He ended up ride several extra shifts, but had a good, but exhausting time.

iscariot

Nice pics Yukon, looks comfy right now. In a month or so, riding that on an all black KLR would be tough.

Japanada - damn 1st world prob ya got there.
    All 3 are more than 'just a fun, summer rider'. Seems to me each will cover that easily. Which one is your favorite, regardless of rational thought? Then, which is most affordable, value for dollar? And finally, which one of those will get you into trouble, more or less. As you prefer.
    And if you plan on doing maintenance yourself, which are actually viable?; Def the Yamaha more than the Aprilia, methinks.

Saw a minty Aprilia CapoNord on CL for $2500 yesterday. As if...

Subscribed! I've spent some time on the westcoast of baja down to point deception(?) we were on a surf trip, but the road are rugged, dirt, sand, and washboards; By coincidence we stayed in Erinderia (coyote cal hostel) when the baja 1000 was racing through. Quite a sight watching those championship truck drive through town going 80mph. It's been 15 years but I doubt much has changes between Encinada and Cabo.
    'Shipwrecks' a cool surf break along Grounded vessel a few hours south of the boarder has a surf school, might be able to rent or catch a lesson.

Broke out the ktm today

What's more VT than enduroin' to a maple Boil? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190328_180325.jpeg 
Views:	71 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	276352Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190328_181724.jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	276353

Sent from my SM-N960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Getting my bike ready for 3000 miles through Baja in April. First long motorcycle tour (I put 150 miles on the other day and rmarked "whew, what a ride" after).
    Going to be interesting.
    Fuck yeah. Baja in a truck was one of the coolest things Ive done, but throw in a motorcycle!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190328_161255465.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	276394
    Quick afternoon lap yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Broke out the ktm today

What's more VT than enduroin' to a maple Boil?
    Who are you fooling with the license plate?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Nice pics Yukon, looks comfy right now. In a month or so, riding that on an all black KLR would be tough.

Japanada - damn 1st world prob ya got there.
    All 3 are more than 'just a fun, summer rider'. Seems to me each will cover that easily. Which one is your favorite, regardless of rational thought? Then, which is most affordable, value for dollar? And finally, which one of those will get you into trouble, more or less. As you prefer.
    And if you plan on doing maintenance yourself, which are actually viable?; Def the Yamaha more than the Aprilia, methinks.

Saw a minty Aprilia CapoNord on CL for $2500 yesterday. As if...
    Haha ya i guess it is, between my canada trip getting cancelled, paying off the subi 2.5 years early and a nice promotion at work, im treating myself to a nice present that hopefully ill be happy with and will keep more than a year or two. The ape just had a full service done, valves included. I do oil, brakes, coolant myself but big services are dealer all day. I ruled out the triumph after riding it, felt heavy and just off for me. A 2016 s1000r just popped up, 2.5k miles still has a year of warranty. Seeing it on sunday. Will post back with pics if it comes through.

Quote Originally Posted by japanada View Post
    Haha ya i guess it is, between my canada trip getting cancelled, paying off the subi 2.5 years early and a nice promotion at work, im treating myself to a nice present that hopefully ill be happy with and will keep more than a year or two. The ape just had a full service done, valves included. I do oil, brakes, coolant myself but big services are dealer all day. I ruled out the triumph after riding it, felt heavy and just off for me. A 2016 s1000r just popped up, 2.5k miles still has a year of warranty. Seeing it on sunday. Will post back with pics if it comes through.

The fz/mt 09 is always on the top of the “fun to ride” lists. If you find one you should def consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    The fz/mt 09 is always on the top of the “fun to ride” lists. If you find one you should def consider it.
    Cannot disagree and considering the existing mods to it, that's enough fun to get a lot of tickets with. Not that ya wud...

Lemme know if I can deliver the s1000 somewhere for you, heh.