Page 65 of 99 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2466
    Some pics from a ride up American Fork this past Sunday:

that's pretty awesome

Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Trackday Stoke. This is my 848 up at Loudon.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    I know exactly where that is..............
    Oh yeah? Guess.......

Quote Originally Posted by powderwhore View Post
    Oh yeah? Guess.......
    North central San Rafael.

Nice shots. Today there were these harley guys doing to 2 per lane thing, trying to look all tough, then the last guy in line is on a multistrada that looked like a peacock.

got a salute today from a three wheeler

gmafb

Hope it's OK to ask here...

Was looking at getting a (street legal) trail bike, was looking at late 80's early 90's 250s to stay cheap.

There is a chance I could get an 06 KTM 525 exc or something.
    As a fat guy (250lbs) with a very extensive MTB/downhill background who has driven plenty of quick cars (up to 650ish hp), would it be too much as a first bike for someone who knows he's gonna have to learn and use small amounts of throttle?

Hell no, go big man (catch the double entendre?). Given you've got experience on bikes (kind of) at least with the front brake/rear brake thing, and you're a pretty big guy. You should have no problem with an enduro type bike. Know that when you crack it in lower gears you may want to think about getting your nose over the handlebars a bit so you don't end up on your ass. You'll figure it out quick though believe me. KTM's are decent bikes.

Is there a reason you're going the enduro route and not just an entry level street bike?

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    Is there a reason you're going the enduro route and not just an entry level street bike?
    I live a couple miles from vast networks of forestry and county roads, basically want to avoid having to trailer it and have the option of using it instead of a car.

It would be used primarily on 4x4 trails.

A picture is worth a thousand wordz ...

We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Quote Originally Posted by karpiel View Post

Was looking at getting a (street legal) trail bike, was looking at late 80's early 90's 250s to stay cheap.

As a fat guy (250lbs) with a very extensive MTB/downhill background who has driven plenty of quick cars (up to 650ish hp), would it be too much as a first bike for someone who knows he's gonna have to learn and use small amounts of throttle?
    The KTM 525 EXC is a pussy cat motor. Long stroke, lots of torque, light, no worries. Buy it.

It's also the older, proven RFS motor, which is pretty bomber.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    The KTM 525 EXC is a pussy cat motor. Long stroke, lots of torque, light, no worries. Buy it.

It's also the older, proven RFS motor, which is pretty bomber.
    Well said.....You CANNOT go wrong with a KTM......i have a few friends with the 07 525's and are hammering the piss out of these bikes....like 5000 miles of pure hate towards them ( ride em like you stole em)....GO BUY IT>>>>>
    always forward but never straight

Also anyone riding the dual sports coming up in JERSEY the 23 /24 and then nov 6/7???? if so hit me up , we have a great crew of guys .. more the merrier.....
    always forward but never straight

I would skip the 90's 250 because I assume you are referring to a 2 stroke and their road manners are less than stellar. Plus based on the guys I ride with, I think there is some kind of unwritten rule that if you live in CO you have to ride a KTM.

Check out the Rockies section on www.advrider.com if you haven't yet. Great bunch of guys who will bend over backwards to hook you up. There's even a pay it forward thread to help you outfit yourself with gear and whatnot on the cheap (i just scored two brand new pairs of atomic ski boots from there).

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfield View Post
    I would skip the 90's 250 because I assume you are referring to a 2 stroke and their road manners are less than stellar. Plus based on the guys I ride with, I think there is some kind of unwritten rule that if you live in CO you have to ride a KTM.

Check out the Rockies section on www.advrider.com if you haven't yet. Great bunch of guys who will bend over backwards to hook you up. There's even a pay it forward thread to help you outfit yourself with gear and whatnot on the cheap (i just scored two brand new pairs of atomic ski boots from there).
    I was specifically looking at the Honda xr 250 (4 stroke) because of it's supposed longevity and simplicity.

Now I just need to finish talking him into selling the 525, it's already quite dusty.

Some fall riding in the Cache National Forest, Northern Utah:

[ame="http://vimeo.com/15925118"]Untitled on Vimeo[/ame]

I was specifically looking at the Honda xr 250 (4 stroke) because of it's supposed longevity and simplicity.

Now I just need to finish talking him into selling the 525, it's already quite dusty.
    You will get bored on the 250 within 9 months. Yes, the XR250 is a reliable motor, but it's old school and isn't very exciting.

Buy the 525, then you won't need to buy another bike next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoplanker View Post

Nice tunes.

Hey, are you street legal yet? I have a nice two day ride from Thompson Springs to Fruita, then back (loop) for mid-November. Staying in a hotel in Fruita, drinking lots of booze, then riding back. You and Alan should join in.

I just put grip warmers on both of my bikes.

I just picked up a 93 Xr250l back in August and is a tank! First kick every time but I have allready outgrown it with it being my first bike...Lots of fun though not too bad on the streets I had it up to about ~80 but I think I had a good tailwind.. im 6'2 225... If you can get one cheap go for it but you'll probably want something bigger....

Quote Originally Posted by Twoplanker View Post

Looks like a lot of fun.

For MC un-stoke, I was just starting to get my legs back under me on my 250F until my motor seized yesterday
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers
    That's how the plague started back in the day...from a little disgusting bird bath in someones back yard that rats made sex to birds in and created a whole new type of AIDS

Quote Originally Posted by orlowskij View Post
    Looks like a lot of fun.

For MC un-stoke, I was just starting to get my legs back under me on my 250F until my motor seized yesterday
    Run it out of oil?

Nope. Bought it used from a dealer a couple weeks ago. I took it out to the track once and it ran great. Took it home, drained the oil and noticed it was pretty nasty. Pulled the filter and found a little more metal than I was comfortable with. I flushed out the old stuff, put in new oil and a new filter. Checked oil pressure to the head, looked good. Checked the valves, everything in spec. Took it out for the second time yesterday, still running great. Rode for about 40 minutes and then heard a terrible sound. I haven't touched it yet but it is still full of oil (albeit pretty black and nasty looking oil). I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer to see if they will help out with service or parts. I'm not really expecting much on a 3 year old race bike though. If not I'll be tearing into it this week.
    Last edited by orlowskij; 10-17-2010 at 04:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers
    That's how the plague started back in the day...from a little disgusting bird bath in someones back yard that rats made sex to birds in and created a whole new type of AIDS

^^^That sucks. Wonder if the piston just disintegrated.

Maybe a repeat, but it's the first I've seen it. Just nuts.