Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98
Results 2,426 to 2,440 of 2440
  1. #2426
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Jackson
    Posts
    726
    For you VT Dual Sport riders I had a nice little adventure over Randolph Gap just north of Bethel MTN road. I borrowed my father’s KLR 650, to visit family and took the opportunity to explore some roads I was not familiar with. Spotted Gideon Brook road as a way to get up and over to Rochester. The road went from gravel to a nice class 4 two track to a stream bed made from a road. Then a series of mud puddles, to a washed out culvert. The KLR was as always surprisingly capable, but I’d take an even more crawler version of first gear. I had a brief chance to bail out on a crossing gravel road of some sort, but fool hartedly struck off up a snow mobile trail to Randolph Gap. The trial is seeing some ATV or side-by-side use so rocks had some flow to them. But again first gear was a bit too fire hose as I climbed over stream bed and ledge. At the gap there is a ridge trail. To the north it is blocked by a gate, to the south it appears to go up Rochester mountain. Over the gap into Rochester, the road is decent, but perhaps closed to motor vehicles. Some startled hikers asked where I had come from. The dude turns out was day dreaming bringing his dual sport up there already. I like to think he was impress with the plastic laden KLR, with semi smooth tires being up there.
    Anyhow a fun area to explore, probably a lot more to be seen.


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

  2. #2427
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    the Low Sierra
    Posts
    12,069
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0132.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	314.5 KB 
ID:	290001

    At Bear Valley right now

  3. #2428
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Summit North
    Posts
    5,983

    Maggot motorcycle stoke thread

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6301.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	290098
    Evening rip out in the back forty
    Alpental Indigenous

  4. #2429
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jackson, WY
    Posts
    632
    How is driving on the highway/with a cross wind with the bike on the back? I seriously considered one of those racks for the KLR, but it already catches a ton of wind, and I think I might actually take off with a bike behind me. That being said combining moto and mtn biking is epic... Curious on your take.
    i shred the gnar

  5. #2430
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    28
    I put this bike together for my wife. Basically it’s a US Beta Evo 200 Sport which is not available here in Canada. Slow throttle, bigger counter shaft, long ride kit (7 litres total fuel), shorter shift lever, poly rear fender (stock breaks super easy and is $$$). Wife is 5’5” 115 lbs so likes the low seat and light weight. I scaled it at 178 lbs with full tanks. 31 inch seat height
    The photo doesn't show the new fender and shift lever
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Donna's Evo with kit 002.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	290492

  6. #2431
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    11,339
    Seen in the parking lot. Something different.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG1461.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	290582
    thnx Capt. Chuck Shunstrom

    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  7. #2432
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    dddenver
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by apex dave View Post
    I put this bike together for my wife. Basically it’s a US Beta Evo 200 Sport which is not available here in Canada. Slow throttle, bigger counter shaft, long ride kit (7 litres total fuel), shorter shift lever, poly rear fender (stock breaks super easy and is $$$). Wife is 5’5” 115 lbs so likes the low seat and light weight. I scaled it at 178 lbs with full tanks. 31 inch seat height
    The photo doesn't show the new fender and shift lever
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Donna's Evo with kit 002.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	290492
    That. Is. Sweet

  8. #2433
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    the Low Sierra
    Posts
    12,069
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum193 View Post
    How is driving on the highway/with a cross wind with the bike on the back? I seriously considered one of those racks for the KLR, but it already catches a ton of wind, and I think I might actually take off with a bike behind me. That being said combining moto and mtn biking is epic... Curious on your take.
    Not my rig. The guy didn’t seem bothered by much. There’s a pack raft on there too. He also carries skis sometimes.

  9. #2434
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    写道
    Posts
    11,139
    Love this bitch!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190812_131833.jpeg 
Views:	28 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	291117

    Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    ¡Órale, vato!

  10. #2435
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    64
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190806_120354027.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	291133 This followed me home the other day..... I gotta start spending less time on the internet!

  11. #2436
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    11,339
    Good place to start.
    thnx Capt. Chuck Shunstrom

    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  12. #2437
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    10,769
    Quote Originally Posted by GSinister View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190806_120354027.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	291133 This followed me home the other day..... I gotta start spending less time on the internet!
    Nice!
    Jesus rides beside me, he never buys any smokes.

  13. #2438
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    64
    Kind of funny, I had a 1986 Sportster. Now five bikes and thirty-two years later, I have one again.

  14. #2439
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    5,288
    Quote Originally Posted by apex dave View Post
    I put this bike together for my wife. Basically it’s a US Beta Evo 200 Sport which is not available here in Canada. Slow throttle, bigger counter shaft, long ride kit (7 litres total fuel), shorter shift lever, poly rear fender (stock breaks super easy and is $$$). Wife is 5’5” 115 lbs so likes the low seat and light weight. I scaled it at 178 lbs with full tanks. 31 inch seat height
    The photo doesn't show the new fender and shift lever
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Donna's Evo with kit 002.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	290492
    So how do I get into playing with some fun looking like this?

  15. #2440
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Summit North
    Posts
    5,983
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    So how do I get into playing with some fun looking like this?
    Start by buying mine?
    Alpental Indigenous

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •