Page 134 of 151 FirstFirst ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 3764

Maggot motorcycle stoke thread

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    I’ve had some bikes over the years (interceptor 500, FZR 600, Xl 650, SV 650S, V-Strom 650, Bandit 1200S) but have never owned a BMW. Thinking that I’ve gotten to the age where I should consider scratching that itch and picking one up for some Fall foliage riding around New England. I’ve got a couple options locally consisting of a 1982 R65 LS or a 1986 K75. Airhead or flying brick? What say you Maggot Beemerheads?

Attachment 424951

Attachment 424952
    I’ve owned both. A 1976 R90S that I lost in a divorce, then about 10 years later I bought a K75S. Nothing wrong with the K bike, it ran flawlessly, but after a year I just wasn’t enthusiastic about it and I traded it on a Buell.

edit: I see you bought a K bike. Looks good !
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Got some good shots today

Nice! Looking good out there now that fall is on the way

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Got some good shots today

That looks choice!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Fall color getting going at about 10500 on our way down the hill this afternoon from a nice little alpine loop rideName:  20220905_160804-01.jpeg
Views: 496
Size:  186.7 KB
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Anyone ridden a KTM Freeride? Specifically wondering if anyone has converted one for street?

Just doesn't seem like it would make a good street bike.

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    Anyone ridden a KTM Freeride? Specifically wondering if anyone has converted one for street?
    Why would you convert it to street? For what purpose? Genuinely interested

-Poor suspension
    -small gas tank
    -Geared low
    -One little radiator

Id rather ride an air cooled DRZ on the street

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Went with a flying brick…
    Attachment 425137

Bringing it home on Thursday. 89K miles and $2 grand… Guy says he’s put on 20K miles in the last two years, it’s sorted but needs some cosmetics, and he would hop on tomorrow to ride cross country. What could go wrong?!
    Nice. Pretty bullet proof. They have automotive style dry clutches and the clutch splines need lubing up occasionally. Oh and if you park it on its sidestand outside a sidewalk cafe or anywhere you don't want a cloud of blue smoke, get ready to ride away quickly after you start it up.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Why would you convert it to street? For what purpose? Genuinely interested

My commute to work right now is about six miles. Lots of stop and go. You don't need to go faster than 30mph, but it'll go 50. You can rip those six miles, though.

Edit: I'm thinking specifically about the electric model.
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

My commute to work right now is about six miles. Lots of stop and go. You don't need to go faster than 30mph, but it'll go 50. You can rip those six miles, though.

Edit: I'm thinking specifically about the electric model.
    Get a Sur Ron. They can be made street legal. I have one. It’ll do 50ish without mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Get a Sur Ron. They can be made street legal. I have one. It’ll do 50ish without mods.
    Looking for a bit more...performance.

Dude bring that thing to Moab and lemme know when! Would love to see how it rides

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Dude bring that thing to Moab and lemme know when! Would love to see how it rides
    I think I’m selling it. But if I don’t, it would be insanely fun on slickrock. No shifting, tons of torque. So easy to pick back up after it decides to take a nap.

^^^ You're in summit, right? Lemme know if you decide to get rid of it.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    ^^^ You're in summit, right? Lemme know if you decide to get rid of it.
    Yeah, selling it for sure. PM sent. And yeah, I'm in Summit and can drive south if you need to meet.

Yeah, selling it for sure. PM sent. And yeah, I'm in Summit and can drive south if you need to meet.
    Just gotta say I love this about this place!

Looking for a bit more...performance.
    I have seen a couple of SurRons in action and they will outperform that Ktm in every way except how far you go on a 'tank'. I say this even though I am a diehard KTM fan.

Quote Originally Posted by apex dave View Post
    I have seen a couple of SurRons in action and they will outperform that Ktm in every way except how far you go on a 'tank'. I say this even though I am a diehard KTM fan.
    And less than half the weight, no rotational mass, and half the price of the KTM.

Although I'm getting rid of it, I gotta say, they are pretty sweet little machines for the price. I just don't have the time or brainspace these days for modding this thing into what I want it to be. I originally bought it for my wife and she decided very quickly that she wasn't into it. Wish I could keep it, but I really only have time for one motorcycle and my WR is a much better option for me personally.

When that Stark Varg or something like it comes down in price and is more enduro/DS styled, I'll probably be picking one up. Give it a few years.

First time doing a gold chain. Looks nice. New chain guide and swing arm protection while in there. Smash more rocks!

Aluminum sprocket looks pretty worn though.

I got a gold chain last year. Holding up really well so far. Haven’t had to adjust it too much yet.

I got a gold chain last year. Holding up really well so far. Haven’t had to adjust it too much yet.
    Yeah I got gold chain and dirt tricks front and rear sprockets. 15k mile drivetrain?

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Aluminum sprocket looks pretty worn though.
    It's not bad. I replaced the chain because the guide was bent and wearing down the edges. Not because of stretch.

Maybe I'll do it over winter with wheel bearings