Page 63 of 151 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 3764
    ^^ yeah App gap. Nice bike...you should hit up Lincoln Gap with that thing.

i'm selling a KLR if anyone is interested.

Fun 475 mile loop today.

I just got my motorcycle permit friday and went for my first "real" ride on the streets, pretty stoked about it but it feels really weird to be so focused on driving again instead of just being super relaxed like in a car. I have basically no motorcycle experience so its quite the adventure.

p.s. I'm riding my GFs cruiser haha I'm a pussy
    Carry on my wayward son...

Quote Originally Posted by huckster989 View Post
    I just got my motorcycle permit friday and went for my first "real" ride on the streets, pretty stoked about it but it feels really weird to be so focused on driving again instead of just being super relaxed like in a car. I have basically no motorcycle experience so its quite the adventure.

Just remember everyone you see is trying to kill you. There are plenty you don't see who are trying too.

Have fun and ride safe,

MF

^^ exactly. more than 90 percent of people who hit someone on a motorcycle say they "didnt see the person" on the motorcycle or thought they were "further away than they were" (in other words, they pulled out in front of them). basically, if you are not in a car, you are invisible.

SLC Mags - Anyone looking for a dual-sport project bike? I have an '83 Honda XL600R project that I put on hold about a year ago. I've put a ton of time in the bike but times are tight and I could use the money to get the ball rolling on a woodshop to start remodeling my new house. Everything needed to get the bike back together is there save some random rubber grommets and a few bolts. I also have plenty of new aftermarket performance engine parts that will go along with it. Asking $600 and I can even deliver it as far as Provo. PM me for more info.

SOLD!
    Last edited by MrDirt; 09-17-2010 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huckster989 View Post

Dude - what lenny and eastside said!!
    Remember this and only this - everyone is trying to kill you.
    If you remember this, you'll have a much higher chance of staying alive. People can't see you. (Don't forget).

Have a blast on your scooter, there's no life like it.

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post

Have a blast on your scooter, there's no life like it.
    haha my GF hates scooters its hilarious when someone asks her is she rides a scooter she flips out. So instead of a scooter shes got a dyke bike

thanks for the advice, I'm planning on taking the motorcycle safety course in the next six months. I did some more riding today, a lot of messing around in a big empty parking lot getting comfortable with making quick stops and turns as well as getting the shifting smoothed out.

I've put on about 37,000 miles since first posting in this thread in 2007. Still enjoying the ride in spite of more gray hair.

what bike is that? I assume its a boulevard. how do you like the luggage carrier / what model and brand is it?

Just picked up a 2007 KTM 450XC. What a fun bike! Every maggot should have a mountain bike with a motor.

Trackhead how do you liike your ktm 450..i picked up an 07 exc 450 this past spring...just curious what are you ruinning for back tire..i have been running a teraflex 150 and the thing is a meat clever...sucks after it gets flat in the middle.......thanks
    always forward but never straight

MOTO DES NATIONS IN LAKEWOOD!

Anyone else going? It is the 25,26 this month. I am stoked.

Damn that looks like you guys have some cherry riding close to SLC.

I miss my old moto

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    Trackhead how do you liike your ktm 450..i picked up an 07 exc 450 this past spring...just curious what are you ruinning for back tire..i have been running a teraflex 150 and the thing is a meat clever...sucks after it gets flat in the middle.......thanks
    I live the KTM. Super peppy, fun to ride, nice and light. It's like my old CRF250x with twice the power and better ergos.

I have a Maxxis Desert IT which I've had good luck with, cheap too.

Quote Originally Posted by single View Post
    MOTO DES NATIONS IN LAKEWOOD!

Anyone else going? It is the 25,26 this month. I am stoked.

I'll be there, a few friends and I are flying out Friday. I'm pretty pumped, we were at mxdn at budds creek a few years ago and it was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers
    That's how the plague started back in the day...from a little disgusting bird bath in someones back yard that rats made sex to birds in and created a whole new type of AIDS

A recent ride in WA...

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    I live the KTM. Super peppy, fun to ride, nice and light. It's like my old CRF250x with twice the power and better ergos.

I have a Maxxis Desert IT which I've had good luck with, cheap too.
    thanks trackhead...that tire would not work for me on the east coast..mud, sand, rock.....yes the ktm is light and snappy...really like mine and best thing is STREET LEGAL......you ride any dual sports out there????

.....you ride any dual sports out there????
    All my bikes are street legal. Utah has relaxed laws. You can plate any dirt bike, even a two stroke. Just put lights/blinkers, etc on it and you're good to go. No silly California emissions bullshit.

^^^^^ east coast used to be lax on alot of things but better be safe than sorry especially with everyone so sue happy ....been run ito a few times on trails in JERSEY..enough said......i wouold like ot get out there one summer for a week or so and maybe have you show us around.,.....was hopeing this summer but never happened.....The dual sports are just rides that club put on.. weekend event .. anywhere from 100 miles or so in a day with food music camping at night...similar to racing an enduro just not a race.....but we make it like one sometimes......

A little moto edit i just put together from some riding a couple weeks ago on a fun backyard track in Vermont..

[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/15075823"]Wolcott Moto 2010 on Vimeo[/ame]

Nice Video Highanxiety..i 'd like ot get alittle time on that backyard beauty......are u going to Big daddys for the fest?? if so i can bring my bi9ke up and we could go do alittle off road exploring.....you street legal?????

Nice Video Highanxiety..i 'd like ot get alittle time on that backyard beauty......are u going to Big daddys for the fest?? if so i can bring my bi9ke up and we could go do alittle off road exploring.....you street legal?????
    Just sold my motocross bike, but still have my drz supermoto which is street legal, but no knobbys for it, so off road is limited with that bike.. As of now i plan to be at BD's party.