Page 145 of 151 FirstFirst ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 3764
    Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    On more research and thanks for all the insight gang- obviously this bike will not work for me. I’m 5’7” so not a tiny person but I assumed this would not be so tall. thought the xl tank was just making it look bigger.
    I have had a ttr230 and crf230 so assumed the 250 wouldn’t be THAT much larger but alas.
    GL NR- the price seems right so I’m sure you’ll move it.
    All good, no worries. That really is one weird thing about the WRR is the height. Not only seat height, but the tail kicks up high AF too. So it obviously doesn't work for everyone. Not sure what the logic was behind that. I'll find a buyer.

Been really liking the WR450F. Working on making it street legal. Can't wait for the local trails to open up but that's not for another month. Stupid Elk.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Some company needs to make a real moto that's like 2" lower at the seat than usual. Not some milquetoast shit like a 230--put a real motor in there and real suspension on both ends and figure out how to make the seat lower. Engineer that shit, moto companies! It would sell!
    Beta x trainer?

I realize this is a dirt bike forum, but I gotta vent about some ADV bikers on the street.

If the road ahead is open I will light the wick and open it up, but when things get congested I try not to ride like an ass and intimidate drivers and other bikers with my riding, but these fuckers seem to get a kick out of it.

Out in the wilds of PA last weekend and I come up on a short line of cars on a country road with another biker following. I could tell he wasn't experienced by his corners, so I hang back 4-5 car lengths so as not to press him while waiting for a longer stretch when I can pass the whole lot at once. I'm in the right tire groove and suddenly ADV-man comes up from behind and thinks it would be fun to pass me in the left groove...what the fuck, where did he come from? Mind you I can't see anything but vibrating elbows in my mirrors and had I moved a foot to the left he woulda clipped me. ADV-man then gets right up on the inexperienced rider's wheel and sits there for a minute or two. Eventually he passes the biker and car #2, and is now sandwiched between the two cars. Again riding right up on the left side bumper of the lead car, hanging out in their side view mirror. And again he doesn't make a pass for another minute or so.

This wasn't the first time I've seen this riding style from ADV dudes. I 100% expect it from the squid crowd, but these dudes are 40-50 yrs old and not 20 yr old's riding clapped out gixxers on the West Side Hgwy.

C'mon man you're giving us bikers a bad rap and also ruining my zen.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by tellybele View Post
    Beta x trainer?
    It's really the only contender, but still pretty high in stock form. The suspension is also not great. Plus 2T, which is far from ideal for dual sport use, even in places where one can get a plate.

Of course, there's this.

Name:  3823538e9326b41c166e1900422e4e26.jpeg
Views: 679
Size:  109.4 KB
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Yeah the level of entitlement and shithead-ery has skyrocketed lately.

There’s always been assholes in every outdoors pursuit, but across the board the ratio has gotten a lot higher the last few years.

Of course, there's this.
    Here's the 16" of suspension travel you requested Hubert.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iohwjlegktfa4ricukcr.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	125.6 KB 
ID:	460508

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Yeah the level of entitlement and shithead-ery has skyrocketed lately.

There’s always been assholes in every outdoors pursuit, but across the board the ratio has gotten a lot higher the last few years.
    Yeah I hope we've reached a peak and are headed back down to some normal level. What's confusing me is my stereotypes are being upended, and instead of the young dude in a WRX with the coffee can muffler terrorizing my morning commute, its now the woman in the white Nissan Altima with stuffed animals on the back shelf.

I think some of that new assholery by ADV riders is thanks to the newer big adv motos having 150-175hp. Back when they were just 600# beasts with 90hp one couldn't ride like a 🦑 as much. It also speaks to the acceptance of the reality that they are pavement only machines. No knobby can find traction with more than 50hp off road anyway.

I think some of that new assholery by ADV riders is thanks to the newer big adv motos having 150-175hp. Back when they were just 600# beasts with 90hp one couldn't ride like a �� as much. It also speaks to the acceptance of the reality that they are pavement only machines. No knobby can find traction with more than 50hp off road anyway.
    This may be the reason.

That, along with the Go-Pro. Every ride is a Youtube upload now.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    That, along with the Go-Pro. Every ride is a Youtube upload now.
    You rag on this, but tgr seems to celebrate people who GoPro every fucking day of their skiing and post it here...

Yeah, whatever happened to Luffski? That was some entertaining stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    I’ve been following this Aussie bloke and his purchase, shakedown, and restoration of an old Africa Twin…

That’s a fun series so far. If I could knock my AT down to a 750 and save 75-100 lbs I would love that.

Him getting it stuck in that ditch looked like a nightmare.

This is pretty.

Name:  IMG_0605.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  127.9 KB

I got a stock used seat off ebay for my drz400s and chopped off another inch of foam. Way better for local exploring than the Fisher extra tall one that was on there. Getting feet all the way down and having a lower center of gravity while sitting is rad.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

Crashed the new bike the other day and now I'm getting hand surgery. Pretty sweet. MOAR POWER!!! ugh.. dumbass. Good news is, despite a very hard crash, the helmet and pads worked magic. Unfortunately, the hand guards that don't full wrap don't do the best job. And mtb kneepads are also a bad idea. I'm sure they did something but the hematoma on my leg would beg to differ. So I guess this is a reminder to wear proper gear out there boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Crashed the new bike the other day and now I'm getting hand surgery. Pretty sweet. MOAR POWER!!! ugh.. dumbass. Good news is, despite a very hard crash, the helmet and pads worked magic. Unfortunately, the hand guards that don't full wrap don't do the best job. And mtb kneepads are also a bad idea. I'm sure they did something but the hematoma on my leg would beg to differ. So I guess this is a reminder to wear proper gear out there boys.
    Oh shit dude. That’s awful. Hope you and the bike get through it all quickly.

Damn dude. That sucks

More of an annoyance and financial bummer than anything. The bike is fine i think. It all happened so quick i think i whiskey throttled out of a wheelie after jumping some water bars. But it kinda felt like the throttle stuck and I had just finished setting up the cockpit so maybe, that or I am a shitty rider. Live and learn i guess.

More of an annoyance and financial bummer than anything. The bike is fine i think. It all happened so quick i think i whiskey throttled out of a wheelie after jumping some water bars. But it kinda felt like the throttle stuck and I had just finished setting up the cockpit so maybe, that or I am a shitty rider. Live and learn i guess.
    What, are you fucking 22?

And, I mean that in a "fuck yeah" sort of way
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by garyfromterrace View Post
    What, are you fucking 22?

And, I mean that in a "fuck yeah" sort of way
    22X2 but yeah, maybe I should take it easy. I honestly feel very lucky that this isn’t much worse.

Damn! Sorry to hear that man. How long until you can get back out? Need to ride again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Damn! Sorry to hear that man. How long until you can get back out? Need to ride again soon.
    I dont know. A few weeks maybe, at least on mellow stuff. Surgery in a few days.

Oh man, I’m glad it’s not worse. I was not expecting to hear one of our own went down when I clicked here looking to live vicariously through you guys and your fun toys.
    Good luck with surgery!

I dont know. A few weeks maybe, at least on mellow stuff. Surgery in a few days.
    Hope you heal up quickly.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Bummer, and vibes! All of my most serious injuries have been on motos, despite the fact that I've prob spent 1000x the time on bicycles.

Hope surgery went well Mr redacted!!!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!