Page 38 of 151 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    I am about to pull the trigger on a Magna....either tomorrow or Saturday! I am pretty stoked....not sure how a new bike will effect the rest of ski season though

Quote Originally Posted by boarderline View Post
    That is a sweet lookin ride. I gotta work on getting rid of the whole licensce plate/brakelight/turn signal array on mine. Looks so much cleaner without.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    fuck buyin gnew. Find the perfect garage queen ducati, freshly serviced and have it shipped for 600 bucks anywhere in the us.
    Also, rule #1: Don't buy toys on credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Oh yeah, forgot you have a "starter" bike. Starter my ass, nicer than what I gots.

Telee, Fartbag and Buzz in SLC area on loud bikes. Who else?
    me........

supposed to be 60 and sunny tomorrow. riding? bueller?

if any of you motorcycle geeks are interested in a 1966 honda scrambler let me know as per this post in gear swap:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=117578

Quote Originally Posted by phUnk View Post
    Also, rule #1: Don't buy toys on credit.
    That is what my father always told me. I was standing in a dealership looking at new bikes, and I kept hearing his voice in my head...it is probably what convinced me to walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
    supposed to be 60 and sunny tomorrow. riding? bueller?
    Great riding with you yesterday.

Phunk et al-

What's the logic behind not buying toys on credit?
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Toys are luxuries that you should only have when you can afford to have them. If you don't need to go further in debt, why do it?

gixxer at devil's tower

I took this rig from Bozeman to the east coast last fall, 2900 miles in 6 days.

This is my new baby that I purchased last night. It is a 2003 Honda Magna, V-4 750CC engine. Cobra exhaust, flame grips, billet mirrors, Corbin gel seat, luggage rack. Has 2,200 miles on it (not for long). It sounds great looks great. The guy that painted it did a great job. The paint is all metallics, and the flames even have shadows, and it has 4 coats of clear coat on top.

If you can't tell, I am excited! It was all re-jetted when the new exhaust was put on and should be cranking out about 80 bhp. If you see me....give me a wave maggots!

Here are a couple more pics for your viewing pleasure:

I think she is pretty...new toys make it hard to work!

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Toys are luxuries that you should only have when you can afford to have them. If you don't need to go further in debt, why do it?
    If you can finance at a lower rate than your average return on investment, it's ok to borrow the money.

Quote Originally Posted by tex1230 View Post
    If you can finance at a lower rate than your average return on investment, it's ok to borrow the money.
    Yes....but it is usually difficult to get short term financing for things like motorcycles and boats that are at a lower percentage rate than your average rate of return.

Yes....but it is usually difficult to get short term financing for things like motorcycles and boats that are at a lower percentage rate than your average rate of return.
    Got my R6 on a six months/no-interest deal. I got to buy it in Feb when there were still '07s left, but wait until summer income to pay for it. Makes sense to me.

Sick new ride btw.

Thanks...also...I see nothing wrong with those six-month or one-year no interest deals, as long as you are disciplined enough to pay them off in that period. I wish I was on the bike right now. What a nice day in Denver!

I have no problem with the no interest deals, but I am not disciplined enough to do it either. I heard the same voice in my head as Gretch (our dads mus have had the same finance training) I never buy toys that I cant pay cash for! Just means you have to save a little longer!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by boarderline View Post
    Great riding with you yesterday.
    Indeed. That was a sweet ride. Thanks for bringing me along. Definitely have to get out again sometime soon.

It's also quite nice when someone completely offers to hook you up, but that's another story for another time.

Put in a lot of riding time yesterday even though it was cold. Rode up to Centerville and hit Victory to test ride a Kingpin. How sweet it was. Later on I rolled into H-D and asked if I could test ride a Road King. Not bad and not as fun as the KP. Looking to do some Utah road trips this season. Rolling Maggot Posse would be fun. Who's down for it?
    Fightin' to save the motherfucking day...

Quote Originally Posted by FartBag Commando View Post
    It's also quite nice when someone completely offers to hook you up, but that's another story for another time.

Put in a lot of riding time yesterday even though it was cold. Rode up to Centerville and hit Victory to test ride a Kingpin. How sweet it was. Later on I rolled into H-D and asked if I could test ride a Road King. Not bad and not as fun as the KP. Looking to do some Utah road trips this season. Rolling Maggot Posse would be fun. Who's down for it?
    I got a good bit of riding in this weekend as well...new bike syndrome I guess. It was in the sixties on Saturday and their were a ton of people out riding (around Denver). I put about 250 miles in. We rode Left Hand canyon up to Ward and then out to Carter Lake. We could really use a good rain. There was a lot of sand on the road going up Left Hand. Wednesday is suppose to be nice. I am going to try and get it registered then. I rode around all weekend without plates on the bike...luckily I did not get pulled over. I do have insurance for it and a signed over title at least.

I would totally be down to ride out to Utah when the divide thaws out a little.

As the weather gets better, we need to put some front range maggot rides together. It would be a good mix of people on a variety of different bikes. It would be fun. It would also be fun to try and put a big two or three day ride together. Maybe CO and Utah mags could meet in the middle for some sort of charity ride. We did have a couple of maggot passings this year. Maybe a ride to raise some money for their families or a cancer foundation. All the mags could invite their non-maggot rider friends as well to help raise a little more.

I would be willing to help organize. Now is the time when we should put it together, when everyone is still on the boards for ski season, and we have plenty of lead time for people to do any necessary scheduling.

What do you guys think?

Sounds like a great idea. Southwestern CO is close to halfway in between and is an amazing place to ride. It gets my vote as a venue.

As the weather gets better, we need to put some front range maggot rides together. It would be a good mix of people on a variety of different bikes. It would be fun. It would also be fun to try and put a big two or three day ride together. Maybe CO and Utah mags could meet in the middle for some sort of charity ride. We did have a couple of maggot passings this year. Maybe a ride to raise some money for their families or a cancer foundation. All the mags could invite their non-maggot rider friends as well to help raise a little more.

I would be willing to help organize. Now is the time when we should put it together, when everyone is still on the boards for ski season, and we have plenty of lead time for people to do any necessary scheduling.

What do you guys think?
    Sounds like a plan. I'd be willing to ride towards Moab and had all intentions of doing so to begin with. I'm also going to take some time off in July to ride to Portland around International Beer Festival time (weather permitting). Basically, if I'm not hiking, I'll be riding.
    Fightin' to save the motherfucking day...

Quote Originally Posted by rad View Post
    I took this rig from Bozeman to the east coast last fall, 2900 miles in 6 days.
    Had a Hurricane 600 in 1989, Had all my laundry on the back of it like that, was going home for the weekend, and decided that I really wanted to do a 100mph 100mile average on the interstate. well I was running about 120mph and the bag rolled off the back, locked up the rear wheel and left a 600 foot skidmark, on the asphalt, 3 inch one in my boxers, ruined alot of laundry, and flat topped a new tire. thank god I didn't skimp on the tire I was able to ride it home. Surprised the tire didn't blow out.

Lessons learned:
    100 miles is a long time to pin a throttle
    Don't buy cheap tires for a bike that will see 100+mph runs
    Use two bungie cords when it's laundry day.
    Last edited by SuperChief; 04-02-2008 at 06:57 PM.
    It’s the places you ride that are special, not you riding there.”

All stunts performed without a net!

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens View Post
    So, I've been looking high and low for a Ducati 916. The one on craigslist in DC is perfect, but too damn far away.

Anyone driving a truck from DC to Colorado?
    I'd buy a 1098, but I'm not sure how I'd feel making payments on a $15,000 loan, when I could only ride it half the year. Decisions, decisions.......
    May ride my FZR out to Vegas here in the next week, pretty stoked on that.
    I'll ride it out for ya, If ya give me a ride to whitefish so I can bring my toyota p/u back to WV

Be interesting to roll a Ducati across the plains with someone elses tags on it.

And disregard the above post, I was a little more adventurous back in the day.
    Last edited by SuperChief; 04-02-2008 at 07:06 PM.
    It’s the places you ride that are special, not you riding there.”

All stunts performed without a net!