Page 116 of 122 FirstFirst ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 3027
  1. #2876
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    1,079
    Haven’t used COTREX. We use garmin Montana GPS and maps including area specific ohv maps, benchmark pages and sometimes even Trailforks or all trails. I noticed this onX mapping app but haven’t gotten into it yet. Some of the guys study Google earth and throw down a path, save to kmz, convert to gpx and load onto the garmin for navigating while on the bike.

  2. #2877
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    12,879
    Did about 800 miles Fri/sat/sunday riding down to Wisconsin, then a day of riding around in the farm country flatland grid of roads with thunderstorms popping up all over. Riding around with no destination watching the sky dodging storms.
    Little towns, seeing interesting stuff…it was real nice. I went to the area around Avery’s auto salvage, had a few interesting talks with random people.
    $1500 hogasaki did pretty good. It somehow went from 25mpg to almost 40 by the end of the trip…I think blowing it out with a lot of highway rpms was maybe helpful.

  3. #2878
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    N side, Terrace, BC
    Posts
    4,134
    Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Riding around with no destination watching the sky dodging storms.
    Little towns, seeing interesting stuff…it was real nice.
    No that sounds like time well wasted. Nice one ill advised.
    Biker wave.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

    www.mymountaincoop.ca

    This is OUR mountain - come join us!

  4. #2879
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    7,098
    Went to visit the home of the simpsons yesterday. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5589.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	384340

  5. #2880
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    268
    Which state is "the Springfield" in

  6. #2881
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    7,098
    Quote Originally Posted by AEvospace View Post
    Which state is "the Springfield" in
    Oregon. Matt Groenig is from here.

  7. #2882
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    268
    Ahh ok, so not Massachusetts.

    That would make sense.

    What a fucken masshole I am

  8. #2883
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    7,098
    Quote Originally Posted by AEvospace View Post
    Ahh ok, so not Massachusetts.

    That would make sense.

    What a fucken masshole I am
    Ha. No. Not Mass, although I’ve heard it’s the most popular town name in America which is part of the reason they picked it.

  9. #2884
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fraggle Rock, CO
    Posts
    6,581
    Just wanted to check in and let you guys know I'm still alive despite owning a 3 wheeler. Good god is that thing ever fun! That little 200cc motor smokes like a chimney, especially when you get the rpms up. It doesn't shift well, doesn't start well, and the brakes barely slow the whole thing down at all. Going straight is pretty darn stimulating and turning is enough to really wake you up cuz it always wants to fall over. Heck, it fell over sideways just getting it out of the truck.

    If you have the means, I'd highly recommend it!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

  10. #2885
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Posts
    13,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Just wanted to check in and let you guys know I'm still alive despite owning a 3 wheeler. Good god is that thing ever fun! That little 200cc motor smokes like a chimney, especially when you get the rpms up. It doesn't shift well, doesn't start well, and the brakes barely slow the whole thing down at all. Going straight is pretty darn stimulating and turning is enough to really wake you up cuz it always wants to fall over. Heck, it fell over sideways just getting it out of the truck.

    If you have the means, I'd highly recommend it!
    Just be careful.

    /s/ yr mom

    I’ve scared myself a lot more - and gone down - on those things than I have on my motersickle.

  11. #2886
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wasatch
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post

    If you have the means, I'd highly recommend it!
    Errr I’m glad you’re still alive but I’ll decline the invitation. Base on what I’ve known and your tale above it sounds like trouble (and fun!). And this is coming from a guy who loves speeding around the desert on a two wheeler, holding on for dear life!

    Logged another 320miles on the KTM this past weekend in extreme NW Utah circa the grouse creek range, a place that not many people go… will post some pics soon.

  12. #2887
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,332
    I'm getting an whole new drive train on my bike now. Apparently you should oil the chain and check the tension more often than I was.

  13. #2888
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    639
    Any Tahoe or Reno are mags with a death wish...

    https://reno.craigslist.org/snw/d/fa...368206745.html

  14. #2889
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Goods Department
    Posts
    1,277
    Just got back form Sargents, CO for the weekend.

    Awesome difficult singletrack.

    Cool home base at Tomichi Creek Trading Post.
    Skiing in the rockies is like 70's porn

    Lots of bush

    Some wood

    No faceshots...

    -Mtnlion

  15. #2890
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,970
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210912_113149599.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	385264
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  16. #2891
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,881
    The San Rafael Swell is dual sport heaven. I rode North of 70 but around Buckskin Wash and the Swinging Bridge and didn't really see anyone in 100 miles. It's like the anti-Moab. Maybe I've said too much?

  17. #2892
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    9,856
    Did a southwest Idaho classic loop-Owyhee byway but modified. My buddy has a very experienced adventure friend who toured us around. Great dude who has a personal moto shop and used to have the bike I have. He offered to help me wrench with access to his tools.

    He put us in over our heads and it was awesome. I did have my first decent wreck on a motorcycle in a couple feet of ruts and moon dust. Bike was fine and just a little soreness between pads which did their job. 250 miles later with about 220 on dirt and trail.


    Name:  Silver1.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  125.3 KB

  18. #2893
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Just got back form Sargents, CO for the weekend.

    Awesome difficult singletrack.

    Cool home base at Tomichi Creek Trading Post.
    That is a great bunch of riding. I ride there a lot an its always entertaining. And you don't encounter the hordes of ass clowns in razors like Taylor Park and other popular areas. The owner/operator of Tomichi Creek is a good dude as well. He does a lot of work on those trails, with a work day happening this weekend if you can make it.

  19. #2894
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Did a southwest Idaho classic loop-Owyhee byway but modified. My buddy has a very experienced adventure friend who toured us around. Great dude who has a personal moto shop and used to have the bike I have. He offered to help me wrench with access to his tools.

    He put us in over our heads and it was awesome. I did have my first decent wreck on a motorcycle in a couple feet of ruts and moon dust. Bike was fine and just a little soreness between pads which did their job. 250 miles later with about 220 on dirt and trail.


    Name:  Silver1.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  125.3 KB
    Man I bet Idaho is a blast to tour around. Bike in the shop this weekend so I was stuck pedaling but I can’t wait to have it all up and going for desert season when it gets out. Chomping at the bit.

  20. #2895
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Just got back form Sargents, CO for the weekend.

    Awesome difficult singletrack.

    Cool home base at Tomichi Creek Trading Post.
    Pics!?

  21. #2896
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,777
    Agate is always spicy. I kind of like it when mountain bikers hate on that trail

  22. #2897
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The Goods Department
    Posts
    1,277
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Agate is always spicy. I kind of like it when mountain bikers hate on that trail
    One guy in our crew sunk his bike in the deep crossing
    Skiing in the rockies is like 70's porn

    Lots of bush

    Some wood

    No faceshots...

    -Mtnlion

  23. #2898
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    268
    Damn the October Yamaha MX Demo dayz in Hollister Hills has been cancelled. I was really hoping to test the YZ250 four stroke vs new 250 two stroke at sea level. I'm keeping the 450 so idk how much I need in the next bike. The new 250Fs make over 40hp, quite a bit on the track, and the Yamaha has some low end grunt like a mini-450 feel, at least compared to the other 250 four strokes.

    California forests open up tomorrow, stoked to get back out there.

    I'm getting the urge to set up a road racing bike. Suzuki doesn't make a 750 anymore?!? Nooo! That was the perfect displacement. I'm probably gonna get a R1, thankfully they have all those rider aids now. That's a whole lotta bike.

  24. #2899
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,970
    750 is dead. Maybe find a used R6 for the track. The R1 is a handful unless you plan to ride COTA all the time.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  25. #2900
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down on Electric Avenue
    Posts
    2,794
    Took a lap past the Park and up onto Togwotee pass to enjoy the colors and light traffic.
    Not to mention the veritable race circuit that is that hwy.

    Speaking of Yams, this ones 20 yrs. old now and just rolled over 50k.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moto fall 21.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	385569
    An R1 is a serious handful all the time unless you got mileage and balls to spare. Not particularly comfortable either. Twitchy fast though, a veritable rocket ship.

    Colors...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fall 21.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	967.9 KB 
ID:	385572
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fall 21 2.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	555.7 KB 
ID:	385573

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •