Page 19 of 151 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    somebody pulled up to ceasars with an illlll paughco ironhead yesterday.

it pretty much made me want to rob a bank.

I've helped instruct both the Basic and Experienced MSF courses, and I grew up on motocross.

I definitely agree that the Basic rider course is a no-brainer requirement for riding a motorcycle and bettering your chances of staying alive, and that some moto experience definitely helps when shit gets crazy. (Ride enough miles and shit will eventually get crazy.)

Well, mine is all ready to go, purring like a hog. Got it out of the garage the last 2 weekends. Started it and sat on it. Even shined it up a bit.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddddddddd, that is about as far as I am going to get for a while. Missing a left ACL is going to make riding a bit difficult, so I will get another one, heal up and maybe get riding hopefully before the end of summer.

Hop, I hope your sis is alright.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

re: m/c skillz....

I snapped a clutch cable last summer at about 750 south 300 east in salt lake city....I made a u turn and rode back to my house at 2500 south 550 east through city traffic without killing the engine or shifting. mad skillz

edit: and buzz: THERE'S A CHEAP CM400A ON CRAIGSLIST SALT LAKE RIGHT NOW!!!!

that's a hondamatic! you could totally ride with your wrecked leg if you didn't have to shift right?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Cop View Post
    ... a liter of petrol.
    ^^^farva^^^
    Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 03-26-2007 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wanghoeby View Post
    Oh how I crave being on two wheels right now. Bet that sunny, 75 degree weather was freakin prime. I get to spin some mud some time in April for the first time in over a year and a half. Man has it been a long time.
    Yeah is was a lot of fun. I went over lunch and waited 45 minutes but got the replacement plates. I will go for a ride tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    edit: and buzz: THERE'S A CHEAP CM400A ON CRAIGSLIST SALT LAKE RIGHT NOW!!!!

that's a hondamatic! you could totally ride with your wrecked leg if you didn't have to shift right?

Yeti, actually can shift (had to get er back in garage). Having an 1100 come down on a non-acl'd leg could mean trouble.

Plus I am going to add after a few wrecks I have witnessed since last summer (plus seeing Hop's sisters car/bike colision), I will from now on be wearing my helmet, even just down the street. (phUnk, my daughter will be proud of Dad for being safe, and not in that manner)

In fact I have said helmet on now, with knee pads, elbow pads, gloves, a mouthguard just in case I limp into a wall at work.

My black beauty will wait for me.

Now my 2 year old is getting antsy. "Dad, motorcycle?" DAD, motorcycle ride!!
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Just to make sure...

You guys all BUCKLE your helmets, right? I saw an idiot at the light next to me with his straps undone - if he dumps, the fucking thing will fly off! He may as well not be wearing the fucking thing....

Quote Originally Posted by phUnk View Post
    Did you do it accelerating too quickly out of a corner while riding, or did you do it on cheap, shitty, cold tires in a sandy parking lot with the front brake on while you leaned over the tank and popped the clutch?

Whatever you did, if you had been on a liter bike, you'd probably be shopping for a new lever, turn signal and a pair of pants that haven't been shat.

Big bikes bite back, little ones don't.
    Who said anything about pavement? Heh, this was in the parking lot of Pima Motorsports Park in AZ....Booze most assuardly involved.

Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser View Post
    PNW that is a sick bike!

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens View Post
    What's your idea of a "beginner" bike?

PNW Skier, that's a dope bike. How do you like it by now?
    Thanks guys!

Blurred - I love the bike. It is actually my first bike. I'd never ridden a motorcycle before dirt or street but I'd been lusting after the ducati 916 since it came out. So I had to have it, even after reading all the reviews of how much more they are to maintain and how much more uncofortable they are to ride vs. the japanese machines I just knew I had to have one. The opportunity finally came and I jumped on the chance to get the thing. I couldn't be happier with it! It's not as powerful as the new 600cc japanese machines but shit, it'll go way fast enough for me and I"m not racing so who cares? Also after riding around on my buddies R6 I have to agree with the media/magazines/whathaveyou that you just feel more connected to the bike and the road on a ducati superbike than on one of those other japanese machines.

Good luck finding the one for you man, it'll be worth it!

uh oh....

just went and looked at a rigid frame and st00pidly long springer for my xs. $350.

uh oh...must___restrain___self

need___tosave____money

Last edited by ill-advised strategy; 03-26-2007 at 09:29 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by YetiMan View Post
    uh oh....

just went and looked at a rigid frame and st00pidly long springer for my xs. $350.

uh oh...must___restrain___self

need___tosave____money
    You are a freak amongst freaks.

Thumbs up

I like that ducati, helmetcam!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Thumbs up

First ride to work of the season. A little cool, but for March not bad at all.

Got my bike all cleaned up and ready this weekend, then took her out for a little 100 mile cruise with wi3zdmen. Here's a pic of my baby from last year...

The educational benefit most receive outweighs those that will be lost in the process

Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite View Post
    I like that ducati, helmetcam!

Sprite
    Hey, I'm Italian. It was only a matter of time before I'd take an Italian mistress.

She sounds great now but once I replace those cans with full Termi's she's gonna sing.

that motor is going to sound sweet! Especially without the giant cat in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by CYLax View Post
    Got my bike all cleaned up and ready this weekend, then took her out for a little 100 mile cruise with wi3zdmen. Here's a pic of my baby from last year...

Nice to have another RAT here in the presence of all the riceburners and Harley lovers

Picked up my bonnie from the dealer this morning (another oil leak on a british bike...Surprising!)

Had a nice ride through the backroads of Connecticut and New York on the way to work...looking forward to a long ride Easter weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by tex1230 View Post
    Nice to have another RAT here in the presence of all the riceburners and Harley lovers

Picked up my bonnie from the dealer this morning (another oil leak on a british bike...Surprising!)

Had a nice ride through the backroads of Connecticut and New York on the way to work...looking forward to a long ride Easter weekend...
    I had my run with Japanese bikes, but I love my Triumph. Bonnie's are sweet bikes. What year is yours?
    The educational benefit most receive outweighs those that will be lost in the process

2006...got it last summer. I love the retro styling. My wife will be inheriting it at the end of this summer (once she learns to ride) and I'm hopig for a Speed Triple next. I like the Daytonas, though...rode the 600 and had a blast on it, but it's not an ideal commuter bike.

Quote Originally Posted by tex1230 View Post
    2006...got it last summer. I love the retro styling. My wife will be inheriting it at the end of this summer (once she learns to ride) and I'm hopig for a Speed Triple next. I like the Daytonas, though...rode the 600 and had a blast on it, but it's not an ideal commuter bike.
    Speed triples are awesome bikes. I was torn between that and my 955i when I was buying. If you're commuting, look at an '02 - '05 Dayton 955i. They make aftermarket heli-bars which are really comfortable for longer rides...especially if you're tall like me. I regularly take mine 500+ mile tours with the stock sport clip-ons. I'm a little tired and sore by the end, but it's still much better than your average run of the mill sport bike.

If you want a super fast and nimble bike...there's only one choice...Daytona 675

I was split between the Bonneville and the Sprint 1050 when I bought - decided to save the money and insurance for the time being...kinda glad I did since they discontinued the model this year and the secondary market dropped like a stone. I saw a Sprint ABS with 1k miles for sale at the dealer - $8000... for a 1 year old bike that sold for $12000 last year new. 1 year old Used Bonnies still go for 80-90% of original price around here.

Sprints are comfy bikes too...though if you ever think you want to ride hard, go with the Daytona. They're basically the same bike, just set-up for different styles of riding.

CAN YOU HELP?

as some of you know I got hit on my 1993 KLX 650 last fall, and the case is still going thru the courts etc, the bike is with some friends, but needs to get moved ASAP.

It's unrideable (flattened) and in grand junction CO, need it moved and stored (outside is fine) for 3 months until the case is done, Then dumped/stripped/ etc.

Can anyone help me please?

just the toeing and storage fees will be huge otherwise.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=80343

If I was closer I'd help you out...but Iowa is a bit too far away. If none of the maggots can help towing, check out U-Haul rentals.

Anyone got any idea the value of a 1970 (1971?) BMW R50/5 in pieces, literally, pieces. I work with a woman who has one sitting in her garage at the moment with no intention of putting it together, so she said make her an offer.
    So I googled and found whole bikes from $1000 to $6000.
    I averaged the price out for 13 bikes and it came in around 3K.
    What should I offer, and she takes it, how the hell would I put this thing together? Are the Clymer manuals good enough for a complete dribbling idiot like me to follow?
    "3-1, 540, 3-1?"... "3-1 ADONIS, go ahead"