Page 121 of 151 FirstFirst ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 3764
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I owned a Scrambler for a couple of years. Did a bunch of gravel roads but it’s definitely not built for anything burley. It’s also too expensive to drop. Haha

An absolute blast to ride, though, and stylish as fuck.

Attachment 388090
    YES!! My favorite iteration of the Scrambler, along with the Desert Sled. Bitchin'...

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    I would move to Portland in a heartbeat if there was a career for me there. Lived there for a summer and loved it. I think my next step will be taking some test rides.
    Come down for a visit and a series of test rides. I'm telling you; MotoCorsa will get you dialed.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Just know that, unless your pup is a really big one, handling is likely to be horrible with two adults on the bike and a lighter passenger in the tub.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app
    How trainable is the pup?

Name:  sidecar-racing-5.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  149.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    How trainable is the pup?

Name:  sidecar-racing-5.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  149.3 KB
    I feel like he could figure this one out. He’s about 65lbs right now, but only 7months old so if we keep feeding him this fancy foods we’ve been feeding him, I think he might hit 100. Good ballast. He’s got big floppy ears too, so that should help with aero.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    YES!! My favorite iteration of the Scrambler, along with the Desert Sled. Bitchin'...

Come down for a visit and a series of test rides. I'm telling you; MotoCorsa will get you dialed.
    Got mine from MotoCorsa, too. Good people there.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    ^ I went to an estate sale about 10 yrs ago and there was an old Ural w/ sidecar up for bid, maybe 60's vintage that needed some work. The wife was egging me to bid on it, but I knew next to nothing about them and I would have been bidding blind, so I passed.

Jongy, if you're into the retro look, team green has some interesting street bikes. I rode a Z900RS on a demo day this spring and it's really a nice bike--fit and finish are top notch. The 900 may be a bit rich for your stated budget but they just came out with a 650 for 9K, which if it's anything like a mini 900 could be a nice bike.

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/bik...-look-preview/
    Yeah the Z900RS and Z650RS were on my list for good looking bikes, but more street bikes and if I went that direction I think I would find a mint CB700SC which was my first bike and an absolute hoot.

I road the CB500X briefly (a little over one thousand miles). It's a nice bike that handles well (I modified the suspension), but, at 6'0", I was never comfortable riding it at speed. Up to sixty-sixty five MPH and I'd start feeling uncomfortable. I was too squished with that compact riding position, and everything felt off. If you're tall, I suggest that you avoid.

Next bike was a BMW F700GS, which I loved. Way more power and a better riding position for me, as it's significantly bigger than the little Honda. I'd have kept it if had, say, ninety HP instead of just seventy HP. Getting up to ninety was pas de probleme (that's French for no problemo), but then it struggled a bit to reach triple digits.

Currently, I have the 2019 Scrambler 1100 Sport (posted a pic here a couple of months ago) for casual riding. Seriously fuckin' fun! Small tank and maybe thirty five MPG limits range, but that ought not matter much for a commuter. Love riding this bike into town and back when I feel like getting into some ill shit. Lack of screen hasn't bothered me much, yet. But I rarely ride it above eighty MPH. I just enjoy cruising it.

Still own the little Honda- it's a 2013 model with maybe five thousand miles, total. Been sitting in Walton, Kentucky the past three years where a friend's been trying to sell it for me without success after I Ieft Cincinnati. Has some nice upgrades, if you're interested. Dunno what shipping would cost.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Oh boy we are out on the NM BDR. Been enjoying the main BDR route plus some nice mods taking us into some spicier areas. Highly recommend! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1634085789.980829.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	388814Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1634085838.515403.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1,017.2 KB 
ID:	388815Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1634085890.502399.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	388816

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Oh boy we are out on the NM BDR. Been enjoying the main BDR route plus some nice mods taking us into some spicier areas. Highly recommend! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1634085789.980829.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	388814Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1634085838.515403.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1,017.2 KB 
ID:	388815Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1634085890.502399.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	388816

Heh! Almost drove through Pietown last Saturday.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Welp, as my bike decided to take a shit and lost the fuel pump yesterday. Missed out on the last 1.5 days as my homies finished it up. Good gawd y’all - the life of a sag wagon driver is different

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Welp, as my bike decided to take a shit and lost the fuel pump yesterday. Missed out on the last 1.5 days as my homies finished it up. Good gawd y’all - the life of a sag wagon driver is different
    I'm fed up with mechanicals too. Been waiting on a damn front axle nut for 2 weeks and should be in Moab right now.

I just found coolant in my oil. Headed to Moab tomorrow. Curses!

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I just found coolant in my oil. Headed to Moab tomorrow. Curses!
    oof. Headed to white wash later today. See you mags out there!

Just found this thread. Figured I’d post a bit of stoke. Here’s a quick video of a ride I did a few weeks back. 990 miles of dual sport riding in S. Central Utah. More description in the YouTube link.

http://youtu.be/KuD2Cyr9Qcs
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrenchMoose View Post
    Just found this thread. Figured I’d post a bit of stoke. Here’s a quick video of a ride I did a few weeks back. 990 miles of dual sport riding in S. Central Utah. More description in the YouTube link.

http://youtu.be/KuD2Cyr9Qcs
    Nice vid. Hopefully what I’ll be doing this weekend. I’ve got a similar setup but on a wr250r. I probably won’t film anything though.

Just put a Rottweiler intake on with some other emission checks and fuel dongles. Had a Saturday afternoon to kill so drove up to the local ski hill to check out the new parking lot and then some back road dirt for what might be the cheapest cold one in an old mining town in Idaho. 50ish miles on dirt and another 60 of twisty pavement and nice shady river roads.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Nice day for a ride hereabouts.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	55EBB85D-C0D7-4F52-98ED-B93B2E019650.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	389848

So, back to the wr450f I picked up this Spring. Always had a hard time getting it started. Replaced the starter and battery(2x!), went through it with a friend and a voltmeter. Fuel pump would prime, but the starts were inconsistent. Finally, called a mobile mechanic. Total waste of time. Ended up taking it to a local shop that deals the other big 3, but not Yamaha. They had a tech that owned a wr250, and he was willing to work on my bike. After a few weeks, they called and said they had found a few small things, but compression was only 40psi, so they suggested top end. I said yes. They ordered all the parts and completed the top end. Still won't start. Yesterday, I get a text from the manager. He says I need to take it to the Yamaha shop for electrical issues they can't find. I think we are up to $1,450 at this point. How does this work? I walk in and pay? Any other suggestions?

Anybody in Moab or surrounding areas this weekend? Looking For riding partners.

I had my knee replaced this summer and didn’t get out this year in the Colorado high country on my dirt bike. I’m stoked to ride in Grand Junction this weekend with my 8 year old boy. He is on a new to him Yamaha PW80. Should be fun. Last year on his Pw50, which he was too big for, he didn’t want to stop riding there even though the sun went down and it got dark. I will post pics if I can figure out how to do it from an IPhone. Any suggestions?

Jethro. Go to the trails just NE of the airport. Fun stuff. Delta adobe buttes are kid friendly as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    While looks are definitely important, I cannot fathom why anybody would want to ride highway speed for any duration over 15 minutes without a proper windscreen. The wind at 50mph+ beats you down.
    After many motorcycles and many years, I got a bike with a windshield. I took it off, but looking at a road trip with rain riding, I put it back on and headed out for a few days. 2nd day I hated it so much I stopped at a farm with an amsoil sign and gave it away to the farmer.

It just stirred up the air and made it a weird eddying swirl, and it funneled all the wind/rain up into my face. It was immediately better without it.

So my xl250 has a 23” front wheel. Have spent some time trying to figure out what to do with this…because at this point there’s only one tire made for that size, but I’m looking for options for winter and I want a soft-rubber full-knobby dirt tire.

I found photos of the 23” xl drum-hub, and looked and looked on eBay for a 21” that had the same diameter stamp on the drum…got one coming, hopefully go to 21”.

Hoping to get some dirt rubber set up, and add studs for ice.

As it gets colder, I’m finding my jetting is only really right when it’s fully warmed up, and my 4 mile commute, and the short rides to the store and the beach are all under cool-engine conditions. Top end is fine, so going to try a richer pilot jet.

Inspired by the world’s fattest twins’ hondas, I got some long-ass pegs from a 3-wheeler so I can use my warm winter boots.
    Getting the drum brakes dialed in now. It’s gone from scary lack of braking to “not bad”…but modulation with this cable-drum setup is not great, so I’m hoping it isn’t sketchy on ice, like locking and not releasing fast enough…

Have to work out extended fender coverage for water and slush, I’m getting killed by front water-fling with the dirtbike fender. Still not sure what to do, I may make something ugly out of sheet-polyethylene.

If it all fails, I still have my moped and its ice tires from last winter, and it still goes just fine, just kinda rough with rigid frame and forks, and slow at only like 3 horsepower.

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    So, back to the wr450f I picked up this Spring. Always had a hard time getting it started. Replaced the starter and battery(2x!), went through it with a friend and a voltmeter. Fuel pump would prime, but the starts were inconsistent. Finally, called a mobile mechanic. Total waste of time. Ended up taking it to a local shop that deals the other big 3, but not Yamaha. They had a tech that owned a wr250, and he was willing to work on my bike. After a few weeks, they called and said they had found a few small things, but compression was only 40psi, so they suggested top end. I said yes. They ordered all the parts and completed the top end. Still won't start. Yesterday, I get a text from the manager. He says I need to take it to the Yamaha shop for electrical issues they can't find. I think we are up to $1,450 at this point. How does this work? I walk in and pay? Any other suggestions?
    Sell it and buy one of the various colored-KTM bikes?

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Jethro. Go to the trails just NE of the airport. Fun stuff. Delta adobe buttes are kid friendly as well.
    Watch out for the garbage, meth campers, and burned-out vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Watch out for the garbage, meth campers, and burned-out vehicles.
    Truth here. We drove past the track and main parking lot on the road out to the shooting range. We jumped on a trail that ultimately ends by 18 road in Fruita, but there were some climbs on spines which were beyond my sons abilities. We did some laps out there and saw some sketchy characters long term camping in some arroyos. My wife took the dog and mtn bikes and was freaked out by the campers and the shooters in informal areas. I’ve never seen so many people out there