Page 6 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thats a sweet bike. I raced mx up until last year, but I'm going to try some district 5 harescrambles on my 125 this year. Hopefully I'll be picking up one of those or the 300 before too long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers
    That's how the plague started back in the day...from a little disgusting bird bath in someones back yard that rats made sex to birds in and created a whole new type of AIDS

I'm a woods guy. MX would be cool, but I'm not a teenager anymore!
    Had a 300 for a couple of years, good bike but (believe it or not) it's pretty easy to get lazy on it -- the bike will pull you thru anything. It will also bury itself very quickly -- you don't roost with it, you trench!
    I've been on a 200EXC for the last 2 years, and REALLY enjoyed that bike! I'm keeping it (for now) just because the bike makes me grin every time I ride it.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here."

DisArray Guest

Pictures

Alright, enough chit chat. This is starting to seem like a ski stoke thread where people only post pictures of their skis.

Highway One-

Last edited by DisArray; 04-21-2006 at 12:21 AM.

318 curves in 11 miles. Unfortunately it's a damn Zoo these days, with Squids all over the place. Best time to ride is at Dawn because the idiots are still sleeping off the booze.

Last edited by Tippster; 04-19-2006 at 11:18 AM.

This is what I see twice a day on mine:

Sorry, thought this thread needed a little style.
    .....Visit my website. .....

"a yin without a yang"

Dragon's Tail!!! I've read a lot of article 'bout that ride. Sounds awesome but dangerous (w/ all the fackin idiots in cages and on bikes- I think that road might be a darwin award winning experiment).

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 1080Rider
    Buzz- I've been of that mindset since I started riding. Always wear boots, helmet and gloves. Kind of a pain at times but I don't want to get road rash all over because some dumbass can't check their mirrors.
    And long pants. (they can help some, that assrash could have been worse, but ouch!)

Yeah, I had that mindset when I started. Then I got lazy.

Not anymore, hell, I wear my snowboard helmet EVERYTIME. It feels weird not to wear it.

Plus a 14 month old girl is counting on me to stay alive now, not to mention my lovely wife.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Funny Dave, I find myself w/the same view rather often, maybe with more cars crammed into it, but pretty much not a view I look forward to

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV
    This is what I see twice a day on mine:

Bike 4 Sale

A friend of mine wants to upgrade to a Buell and is selling his bike. I don’t know what kind of a deal this is, but he is asking $1600 OBO. Here are the stats:

’82 CB 900F Super sport. 40,500 mi.,& going up., V&H pipe, K&N stage 1, K&N air fltr., Proggressive susp. front & rear., Corbin seat, Barnett clutch, new cam cover gasket. Runs great.

I do know that my buddy is a perfectionist, so the bike has most likely been well taken care of (not babied though, I know he likes to ride.)
    PM me for contact info. (Denver area)

a buddy of mine ditched school for the month of january and went to india. he bought some british made bike there and cruised around for a month by himself. got kidnapped and robbed for a little bit, but had a blast. when he graduates in a month he and another dude are riding from chicago to the southern tip of south america. he might write a book. i would buy it.
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

OOohhhh Tierra Del Fuego in the Winter (probably) on motorcycles! Sounds... scary.

I've probably ridden the dragon 25 times or so, and while it is really fun, honestly there are better roads that are less popular in that same area. I think you'd have to ride it 100's of times to get it anywhere near dialed, there was always a few decreasing radius turns that would just about get me.

My usual weekend ride would start near Greensboro NC, head towards Hanging Rock SP, through Stuart Va, to the blue ridge parkway to Meadows of Dan where I would have lunch, explore the twisties on the local roads and then head home. Average day would range from 250-400 miles, all country roads, all curvy. Damn, there are so many variations on those twisty old two lanes.

I know Buzz will appreciate this one....1974 CB 750 four....she runs as good as she looks

If it weren't for serendipity, there'd be no dipity at all

Quote Originally Posted by flykdog
    I've probably ridden the dragon 25 times or so, and while it is really fun, honestly there are better roads that are less popular in that same area. I think you'd have to ride it 100's of times to get it anywhere near dialed, there was always a few decreasing radius turns that would just about get me.

My usual weekend ride would start near Greensboro NC, head towards Hanging Rock SP, through Stuart Va, to the blue ridge parkway to Meadows of Dan where I would have lunch, explore the twisties on the local roads and then head home. Average day would range from 250-400 miles, all country roads, all curvy. Damn, there are so many variations on those twisty old two lanes.
    You should buy a bike.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by phUnk
    You should buy a bike.
    you should contribute to the thread.

check out this motorcycle radar detection system install
    http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...radar+detector

DisArray Guest

Badass motorcycle video

Ok, listen up boys and girls. No Motorcycle Stoke thread is complete without some footy of the Isle of Man TT. What is the Isle of Man TT you ask? Why it is only the most badass motorcycle race in the world. 180mph on closed public roads. Insane. See for yourself-

video 1

video 2

(Hit the reload button if they don't load properly the first time)

info
    Last edited by DisArray; 04-21-2006 at 12:23 AM.

And a msg to all the four-wheel motorists from motorcyclists:

You wouldn't believe what I see out there - bikers keep your head up, no daydreaming!

bikers keep your head up, no daydreaming!
    NO SHIT!!!!!!!!!! You'd think we have targets on our backs sometimes...

The Flexible Flyer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum
    1974 Kaw HD 750 2 stroke.
    The infamous "Flexible Flyer"!!! Perhaps the most deadly bike ever built - the frame was in NO WAY able to handle the power of the 3 250cc wing ding cylinders... get on it hard and you can feel it flex... hence the name... Silly fast and stupidly light... get her back on the road!!! And while you are at it - try to find an old Bassani triple expansion chamber for it!

EDit acknowledge a nostalgic 200th post... takes me waaaay back!

96 xr400 aka trail tractor

I should have it street plated by the end of May. It's going to be my high alpine summer skiing access tool.

...Two very salient points...
    Loud pipes save lives. Seriously, I have deterred more folks from sideswiping me inadvertently by blipping my motor and "yelling" at them.

Head on a swivel - I know where every car is around me and their relation to me. It's as much my responsibility not to get hit as it is theirs not to hit me.

If the time ever comes that you're going down no matter what - push off and jump. Hard. You do not want that 500+lb bike landing on you.

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo
    a buddy of mine ditched school for the month of january and went to india. he bought some british made bike there and cruised around for a month by himself. got kidnapped and robbed for a little bit, but had a blast. when he graduates in a month he and another dude are riding from chicago to the southern tip of south america. he might write a book. i would buy it.
    AWESOME!!

That is my dream trip. The one I have to do before I die and hopefully before I'm 30.
    Last edited by WWCD; 04-25-2006 at 09:54 AM.