Page 5 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    You guys have some cheapo insurance. I tried State Farms online rate quote system, but since it sucks so bad, I won't be going with them.

Coverage through Geico will only run me $170 per year.

With gas prices as high as they are, I think I'll be riding my bike alot more than driving my Blazer......

Yep, I've tried to ride as much as possible the last couple of summers. So nice to fill up a tank on $7 vs $50...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 1080Rider
    Yep, I've tried to ride as much as possible the last couple of summers. So nice to fill up a tank on $7 vs $50...
    I'm jealous of the 748. Bet that thing handles awesome!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens
    With gas prices as high as they are, I think I'll be riding my bike alot more than driving my Blazer......
    Ditto, insert Subie for Blazer. I have a 20 mile nice country commute to work each day and then 20 home, or 50 home to blow off some steam and enjoy the wind coming thru the crack in my visor of my helmet.

No more "ah, its too hot, no helmet, just going 5 miles" attitude anymore. It is simply not worth it. I know how to ride, it is the other guy I am worried about when on the road that is not seeing me.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Buzz- I've been of that mindset since I started riding. Always wear boots, helmet and gloves. Kind of a pain at times but I don't want to get road rash all over because some dumbass can't check their mirrors.

blurred- the 748 is nice. It really rides nice. Its hard to explain, its more like you're a part of the bike than other bikes I've ridden. I'd like to get new cans and wheels for it (I should have bought the S model but I got a pretty good deal on mine so I couldn't complain) but the wife doesn't see it as a priority. Oh well, its a good track and street bike. I'd like to get a 998 maybe but I really don't need that much power.

DisArray Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Punch
    I knew there had to be some riders out there. I am surprised at how many of you ride on the road and not the dirt. How can you keep street riding fun/exciting without blatently breakign the law. I know that when I had my ZX6 if I wasn't speeding like a bat out of hell or riding wheelies and doing stoppies, etc, I was bored. So I ended up selling her because I was either going to end up hurt really bad or arrested.
    That you sold your street bike was very wise of you. Nothing smells worse than raw squid.
    Last edited by DisArray; 04-18-2006 at 08:04 PM.

Just gassed up today. 2.75 gallons - $9. Jesus H. Christ premium gas is expensive. High Compression = no cheap gas.....

(Still better than my Audi, which also only drinks the Crystal )

$225/month 1080? That's not exactly a bargain. I pay that much (sans Snowmobiles) and don't live in the middle of nowhere!

random comments:

that cr85/200f would be the shit in a tight ass eastern enduro event..

wheelie rule number 4: if the front tire stops spinning you are fucked.

anyone old enough to remember Doug Domokos? - dude had an electric motor hooked to his front wheel to keep it spinning so he could wheelie all the way around SX tracks as a side show...

anyone old enough to remember Honda RC250's? Back in the pre homologation sky's the limit un-obtanium infused one off uber bikes?

499hp? TURBOed? WTF? Just what you need is turbo lag hitting at mach2!

Definition: GNCC = a 3hour Enduro with one check and you are always late.

and Scott Summers is and always will be "the man":
    http://http://www.omra-online.org/images/Ssummers.jpg
    for anyone keeping score thats a 300 pound XR600.

sorry... this thread reactivated long domant memory banks!

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens
    I'm jealous of the 748. Bet that thing handles awesome!!
    I wish I could fill up for 50 bucks! I'd be FUCKING STOKED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1080Rider
    blurred- the 748 is nice. It really rides nice.
    If I had a list of the top 5 bikes to have, the 748 would take a couple of the spots. I've lusted after that bike ever since I sat on the s version.

Damn this thread, I will not buy a motorcycle.

You will be assimilated.

Quote Originally Posted by flykdog
    Damn this thread, I will not buy a motorcycle.
    And then we would not go wail them up various twisty Utah roads?

Tipp- the sleds are both new and prolly worth the same as a decent bike, plus I think our enclosed trailer is included in that. So I'm pretty happy w/ it all in all. It may not be the best deal but I've been happy when I've called upon them, and its comfort to know that if someone raided my garage over the weekend I wouldn't be out a shitload of $$$.

This is my crotch rocket, commuting is just too easy

how many maggots have wives that ride. mine has for the last 17 years. she just upgraded to a Ducati Multistrada 1000DS today.

if its got tits or wheels...it will give you trouble..

Thumbs up Dirt Bikes!

Just picked up this years toy... can't wait to get it into the woods!
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here."

mmmmm motorcycle stoke...

What size is that Magoo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers
    That's how the plague started back in the day...from a little disgusting bird bath in someones back yard that rats made sex to birds in and created a whole new type of AIDS

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla gorilla
    how many maggots have wives that ride. mine has for the last 17 years. she just upgraded to a Ducati Multistrada 1000DS today.
    Girlguide and I went banff to AK 10 years ago on bikes.
    question #1 to her "so are you taking 1 bike or 2?"
    answer "I'm not going to be the bitch"

next question "so are you getting the helm communication system"
    me: "hell no!"

she can't stand over the KLX650, so its all mine and she is the bitch (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by JBN999
    mmmmm motorcycle stoke...
    MV Agusta's are dreamy. I really like the new triumph 675. A buddy just bought one, I'm looking forward to riding it. I wish my bike was a little lighter, the new bikes are just bad ass...

My wife used to ride all the time (had her own Nighthawk) but stopped when we had babies. She's being "responsible," but really is a bit afraid of my bike. When the kids are older I'll just buy her something 600-700ccish and be done w/it.

That Senna 1000 Augusta is fucking kick your mom in the head sweet. I'd consider losing a testicle for that one.

who's yer daddy

my wife pretends to be the "responsible" one. but all it takes is a little nudge and a test ride and she was all over the new ride.

Quote Originally Posted by orlowskij
    What size is that Magoo?
    250 XC.
    I'll be racing District 14 Enduros, some National Enduros, and some District 16 Enduros. Thinking about a couple of harescrambles nearby, too.
    Odo on last years bike shows just over 1700 miles (95%+ singletrack), hope to do over 2000 miles this year. WOO HOO
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here."