Page 4 of 151 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV
    Not one Harley yet! Interesting..
    Technically speaking no, but Buell is owned by Harley and their engine blocks, Trannies, and belt drive are pretty much straight from the Sportster 1200.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster
    Technically speaking no, but Buell is owned by Harley and their engine blocks, Trannies, and belt drive are pretty much straight from the Sportster 1200.
    Yeah, but sissies ride Buell and real men ride Harley's.

When you're right you're right, Gordy. I wonder where she hides her penis?

Last edited by Tippster; 04-17-2006 at 04:00 PM.

When you're right you're right, Gordy. I wonder where she hides her penis?

I bet she hides them in her saddlebags(rubber battery operated ones).

Are they going to have track days at the Miller park? I'd love to know what the cost is, that looks like a pretty awesome track they're building (or have finished?). Prolly the closest "big time" track to me. Might be fun to roadtrip and do a track day there. Utards, let me know what the scoop is.

Quote Originally Posted by 1080Rider
    Are they going to have track days at the Miller park? I'd love to know what the cost is, that looks like a pretty awesome track they're building (or have finished?). Prolly the closest "big time" track to me. Might be fun to roadtrip and do a track day there. Utards, let me know what the scoop is.
    Yeah, tons of track days. Check out:

http://www.utahsba.com/

and

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com/

Soooooooo, who do you guys use for your motorcycle insurance? Geico has given me the cheapest online quote yet.....

I use GEICO Cycle Guard. about 2/3 the cost of other comparable insurers here in DC. As in all things insurance it depends on where you live, however.

Yes, it is mine. I just rode it home.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

This one just got put back together tonight after a frame off restoration. 1972 Honda CL350 Scrambler.

Last edited by Mongo; 04-18-2006 at 12:17 AM.

I go through state farm. Have our house and vehicles through them. For our vehicles (two cars, two bikes and two sleds) we pay about $225 for full coverage and pretty low deductables. I don't know if you can get this deal anywhere but I've been very happy. Had a few issues w/ the cars (been backed into in parkinglots and such) and never have had a change in policy. Check them out.

PS- Holy shit, Miller raceway is fricken HUGE. 4.5 miles in the full track config, that would be an awesome track to ride!!! I might have to start saving and run down there for a track day...
    Last edited by 1080Rider; 04-18-2006 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens
    Soooooooo, who do you guys use for your motorcycle insurance? Geico has given me the cheapest online quote yet.....
    The above Yamaha is $107 per year for Idaho minimum liability through Progessive-I'm 26, have one speeding ticket and get a home owner discount.

Last year I had two bikes that are sold now (paid off my pickup) and it was $121 per year for a 2000 Katana 750 and 2004 Yamaha Zuma 50 for minimum liabilities but there was no speeding ticket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Thumbs up

I go through state farm. Have our house and vehicles through them. For our vehicles (two cars, two bikes and two sleds) we pay about $225 for full coverage and pretty low deductables. I don't know if you can get this deal anywhere but I've been very happy. Had a few issues w/ the cars (been backed into in parkinglots and such) and never have had a change in policy. Check them out.
    Same here less on bike and two sled, but add renters insurance (which covers a shitload).

I looked at em all and am saving with everything on one policy. Been with SF since I was 16 so that helps too.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

My bike is about $500 a year (this after 7 years of no claims!) for the minimum coverage. Adding it to our State Farm insurance would have been $100 more. Welcome to Washington, DC.

My bike is about $500 a year (this after 7 years of no claims!) for the minimum coverage. Adding it to our State Farm insurance would have been $100 more. Welcome to Washington, DC.
    WHOA! My bike, highest coverage, lowest deduct is $267 a year, maximum coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy
    WHOA! My bike, highest coverage, lowest deduct is $267 a year, maximum coverage.
    My Gold Wing - $79 - No collision, just liability - And that's with extra liability coverage! Pays to be a good driver *jinx*
    Last edited by DaveTV; 04-18-2006 at 02:04 PM.

Hey tipp, do they send vasaline w/ the bill or do you have to supply that yourself. Damn, that's expensive...

(It's worse in NYC I hear.)

I knew there had to be some riders out there. I am surprised at how many of you ride on the road and not the dirt. How can you keep street riding fun/exciting without blatently breakign the law. I know that when I had my ZX6 if I wasn't speeding like a bat out of hell or riding wheelies and doing stoppies, etc, I was bored. So I ended up selling her because I was either going to end up hurt really bad or arrested. So now all I do is the dirt thing. I'm down to two bikes this year, a 2006 Kawasaki KX250F, and a 2006 KLX110. Both are totally tricked out thanks to a bunch of great companies. I am sure I am gonna catch a bunch of shit for this but I still want to say a public thanks to some of the companies that make it easier to race at my level. Motoadventure Kawasaki Ft Collins Colorado, ASV inventions, DMC exhaust, Answer Racing, Maxima Racing Oils, Acerbis, Eline, Emig Racing, and Renthal. Here are a couple of pics from the first race this season down in Texas and from previous years.
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

I go through state farm. Have our house and vehicles through them. For our vehicles (two cars, two bikes and two sleds) we pay about $225 for full coverage and pretty low deductables.
    Is that $225/year for all of the vehicles?
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

What is your definition of "full coverage"?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV
    My Gold Wing - $79 - No collision, just liability - And that's with extra liability coverage! Pays to be a good driver *jinx*
    Go back and look at my 81 Honda, the first bike I got and I had the same deal as you, except it was only $50.

Glad I sold it, as right before I sold it, to re up the insurance (had to store Dec, Jan, Feb) it was double, for just simple liability, no extra coverage. I thought that sucked, as I have a clean driving record. Dropped Progressive, sold bike and now I want to ride this one more bad, but it is freaking snowing again! Since my season is effectively done, as my health is not stellar for any type of uphill work on my skis/skins, I would like to ride dammit. Missed the last 5 weeks of lift served and now I may have enough energy by May/June to get a few turns in. Getting sick sucks.

Nice price, keep it if you can!

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste
    What is your definition of "full coverage"?
    Bodily Injury/Property Damage Liability
    Comprehensive
    Collision
    Uninsured Motor Vehicle
    Underinsured Motor Vehicle

That is what it says on my card.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz
    Is that $225/year for all of the vehicles?
    sorry, $225/month

My current bike:

Picking this up next saturday:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers
    That's how the plague started back in the day...from a little disgusting bird bath in someones back yard that rats made sex to birds in and created a whole new type of AIDS