Page 15 of 151 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by verbier61
    I bought it yesterday

Fuckin' AWESOME!!! Nice work. Be safe out there.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderline
    It was actually a closed book test a few months ago when I took the permit written exam. You had to get 80% to pass. The MSF written test was actually much tougher. I'd be in favor of making people take the MSF class before they are allowed to get a full license - that way you learn practical riding skills and develop good habits before you given free reign to ride on the street. Might save some lives, kind of like seatbelt laws.
    Mine was open book and you had to get the 80%. That was 7-8 years ago though.

I thought the MSF test was easy though and got a 100%. Got a 95% on the track days and my track test to get my license.

MSF class is the way to go, hands down.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

KTM Duke = sweeeeet. Is that the 640 or the 990 "Super Duke?"

I'd totally support making the MSF test mandatory. The forces that still somehow manage to keep Helmet Laws from being universal will ensure that this never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster
    The forces that still somehow manage to keep Helmet Laws from being universal will ensure that this never happens.

I was going to say, I'd much rather see helmets be mandatory then the MSF course.

Betcha the Helmet Laws never become Universal - too many "rebels" with Rolexes wanting to unleash their inner Hell's Angel.

Quote Originally Posted by flykdog
    I was going to say, I'd much rather see helmets be mandatory then the MSF course.
    Why's that?
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

I took the MSF coarse and past their test first. Then I went to the DMV and past the computerized, closed book, 25 question test. Doing both of these earned me a motorcycle license.

From the front desk staffer at the DMV most people will take the computer test then get a learners permit, which is valid for 6 months. Then the person either has to take a riding test or show proof of recently passing the basic MSF coarse before a valid motorcycle license is given.

Quote Originally Posted by Grange
    I took the MSF coarse and past their test first. Then I went to the DMV and past the computerized, closed book, 25 question test. Doing both of these earned me a motorcycle license.

From the front desk staffer at the DMV most people will take the computer test then get a learners permit, which is valid for 6 months. Then the person either has to take a riding test or show proof of recently passing the basic MSF coarse before a valid motorcycle license is given.
    My MSF class requires a learner's permit before you even take the class. I don't know if thats a NYS requirement or just something they do to cover their butt insurance-wise.

Why's that?
    Lots of reasons.
    (I hate typing and I'm late to go somewhere)

Lots of reasons.
    (I hate typing and I'm late to go somewhere)
    Those are terrible reasons.

Fact: wearing a helmet eliminates close to 100% of all self-inflicted keyboard-to-face injuries.

Only fullfaces, SSD... and only core bro-brahs are allowed to wear them.

I wear my helmet backwards when typing, for just that very reason weoihafdvjnairjuniarn.

Disagree, at least on which should come first.

The MSF course will teach one how to ride safely and they teach defensive techinques.

Any dumbass can get on a bike with a helmet and ride away, but can they get away/use their training to get out of a potential accident for example?

Helmets can save lives, proper training will help more IMO. Or helmets just keep all your brains in the bucket as you get scooped up.

... Said the guy that wasn't wearing a helmet in those pics.

Okay, I'm trying this again....my bros bike......his dream project completed .....'69 harley he's had since high school days

If it weren't for serendipity, there'd be no dipity at all

That thing is choice. Details needed- did he restore it himself? Appearance is A+. Those chrome spokes and whitewall tires seal the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by train07
    Okay, I'm trying this again....my bros bike......his dream project completed .....'69 harley he's had since high school days

SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Now that is a harley I would ride. I don't like 'em but that thing is KICK ASS!!!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by phUnk
    ... Said the guy that wasn't wearing a helmet in those pics.
    And that was intentional. I did not want to wear my helmet for a few turns down the road.

I will be the first to say I don't like wearing a full face. At least the HJC I have restricts my full view, compared to without.

I like the course mandatory idea, but not the helmet law everywhere.

Sometimes I will ride without my helmet. Short distances in my farm like area.

I am my own person and am not perfect.

Do you do everything smartly, all the time? I think not.

That thing is choice. Details needed- did he restore it himself? Appearance is A+. Those chrome spokes and whitewall tires seal the deal.
    hey thanks....i'm sure he'd appreciate this.
    He'd been designing every nuance of this restoration for years, in his mind...clipping and saving articles that might show a detail he liked... he didn't lock himself into an authentic '69 restore...i think the tank logo is from another year as with some other hand picked details... he knew what he wanted.
    He stripped the bike himself and did mechanicals, but sent the chrome out and the painting. The color is just gorgeous..this thing is a jewel ... when I saw him sit on that thing for the first time i wish i had the camera then....he was beaming. He was a true artist with this thing and i never knew that about him.
    i'm not even gonna ask him if i can ride it......i'd be too frkn nervous.
    If it weren't for serendipity, there'd be no dipity at all

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy
    Or helmets just keep all your brains in the bucket as you get scooped up.
    Well maybe thats a good enough reason for me. You ever have to spray that shit off the freeway? Fuckin nasty.

IMO msf does alot to prevent the fender bender type shit, the oops wrecks. To really avoid the bad stuff takes alot of time in the saddle and alot of self-control.

Well maybe thats a good enough reason for me. You ever have to spray that shit off the freeway? Fuckin nasty.

IMO msf does alot to prevent the fender bender type shit, the oops wrecks. To really avoid the bad stuff takes alot of time in the saddle and alot of self-control.
    I know what you do for a living and that is why I put that sentence in there.

Experience is very key, like you said.

I am wearing my helmet more and more though. There is a little one that keeps telling me in my head that I need to wear it. All the time.

Excuses, no, facts, yes.

I guess I'm just tired of hearing how glorious msf is, it's not the end all for moto training. If you were to ask me which is more important, drivers ed or seat belts, I'd say seat-belts.

Once again, I'm late.

Check out this animated sequence, my GS1000 in action.

http://slcelectronics.com/bike_movie/

Thanks to Buzz for shooting the photos.
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

I'm a 100% Grade A Grass fed harley hater due to the whole "scene," but that is one sweet fucking bike. Gotta love a classic that actually is just that. I'd prefer a Norton Manx or Vincent (any) but I'll give props where they're due.

My favorite accent are the extended pipes with the whale tail exhaust. Bet that Hog stutters real nice.