Page 137 of 151 FirstFirst ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 3756
    Had a good weekend at Church. Might see some really good ski lines on the horizon of the first pic. Only one nap for my bike. It's heavy.
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Rode about 50+ miles of jeep road and technical singletrack yesterday and saw no one. Like to the point is was kinda weird because everywhere else was generally packed with leafers and Oktoberfesters. What an awesome day on the WRs.

Imma post some accumulated stoke from this spring and summer. I haven't been able to ride since mid-July due to a wrist injury... which happened on one of the bikes.

My one track day this season

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yqFFW3h.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	296.8 KB 
ID:	427637

Camping in southern Colorado off the big, overgrown dirt bike

Name:	OOaw7yJ.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	259.0 KB 
ID:	427638

More ColoRADbro

Name:	ne5DZGv.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	553.8 KB 
ID:	427639

A very wet weekend on both Italian dirty bikes

Name:	9tg3AVi.jpg 
Size:	787.3 KB 
ID:	427640

Name:	vm3POsX.jpg 
Size:	795.9 KB 
ID:	427641

More camping off the big dirt bike in central Oregon

Name:	5ERcWau.jpg 
Size:	838.9 KB 
ID:	427642

Single track brown pow

Name:	yYBKADX.jpg 
Size:	864.6 KB 
ID:	427643

MOAR brown pow

Name:	DP1x5tl.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	427644

Motorcycles are awesome! Git sum

Stokey.

Nice Bobcat! Hope you heal fast and can get back on it

First trip back after some busted ribs. Logged 300miles in book cliff area

Name:	Image1664234370.923306.jpg 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	427674

Name:	Image1664234404.554009.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	427675

Name:	Image1664234434.139457.jpg 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	427676

Name:	Image1664236221.470812.jpg 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	427678

Name:	Image1664236297.324657.jpg 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	427679

Let's keep this stoke-fountain going in the hopes that La Nina delivers us a pound-town of a winter...

From a rally race last summer:

Setting up to pass a dude on course

Name:	0ygRDib.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	337.3 KB 
ID:	427823

Camped near Dewey Bridge

Name:	WGvhEWx.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	305.6 KB 
ID:	427825

Dawn patrol

Name:	ZWLIKhd.jpg 
Size:	323.7 KB 
ID:	427826

More soon...

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Short answer, No. But always caveat emptor.

Also I'd have to say they aren't much of an upgrade from the 230f you already have.
    Sorry, I either wasn't very clear earlier, or misspoke. I had a CRF230L. But it was stolen a few weeks ago during my PNW trip. So I need to either replace it with something that will work for moto-bike shuttling, or possibly lower my XR400 to make it work. I'm still looking into lowering the XR but eventually will replace with something newer. XR already has a lower seat and lowering link but seat height is still 36".

Quote Originally Posted by tellybele View Post
    Are you interested in a keeping it and doing some simple maintenance, some parts and whatnot that wouldn't be spendy? Oh, you might want some tension in that chain
    Haha, yeah chain was at max stretch. Pic was toward the end of my trip with plenty of riding on it by that point. It also had oil leaking from the shifter lever, seemed to be a recurring issue on this bike. And I'd found a crack in the subframe from carrying the weight of the MTB, just like climberevan said would happen. Hopefully the thief takes his old lady for a ride on it and finds that crack the hard way. 230L is still an option for replacement although there are very few for sale right now.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Apologies if that was too over the top, it's a common misperception that one should be able to reach with both feet to be able to ride. There are certainly use cases today get really tricky (like having passengers mount and dismount while you're holding the bike, and yes, probably Hard Enduro), but most of the time it's not a big deal. Carrying a tall and expensive MTB off the back of your bike might be one of those times; I don't know, haven't gotten around to getting a motorcycle running since I got a MTB again.
    No worries! Bike height wouldn't be an issue for me if it weren't for the MTB shuttle aspect. Even with 32" seat height on the CRF230L it gets sketchy sometimes on the sand and loose rock we have down here. In sand the MTB can send the moto back and forth in a comical but scary series of overcorrections that are very hard to recover from. If I were to drop the moto with a MTB on the rack that's 300lb of moto slamming the MTB into the ground. Not hard to imagine the MTB carrier getting torn right off the moto, a cracked subframe or damage to the MTB fork, bars or frame. No way will I try the moto shuttle with a seat height that's much higher than 32.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Before I had rotator cuff surgery this spring I was going to buy one of the bikes you’re looking at. Went down the rabbit hole researching for a long time. The Yamahas I saw were always considerably more expensive. The KLX and CFL similar price and reviews on durability. But KLX has much better suspension.
    Does the comment about KLX suspension being better apply to the KLX 230? There are some new 2022 models in stock locally at pretty reasonable price. 250L isn't made anymore and I don't see many used ones. From what I've read KLX 300 is just the 250 with a bigger bore kit. I'm not very familiar with Kawasaki.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    WR250R would be my choice. You have to be a real special idiot to do serious damage to one of those, and I bet many of their owners hardly ride and over maintain them so cherry ones are prob common.
    Not many WR250Rs for sale around here unfortunately. With taller seat height to start it would be a hard bike for me to make work. Sounds like a great bike otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    If you want to do it once and do it right you'll need to upgrade your rack to one that has 2 supports from the frame. A single hitch mount one will always sway and eventually break if you drive on rough terrain. Come to my place and I'll help you build one that will outlast your truck. It's pretty simple to just bolt extensions to the frame rails and go across them with a tray and the result will be rock solid.
    haha, when I read this reply earlier on my phone I thought you were referring to building a new MTB carrier and reinforcing the moto subframe for some reason. I actually paid a visit to Joe Hauler a few days ago and ordered up a custom moto carrier. It'll have a 3-4" rise so it doesn't get dragged as much and will be a lot more solid than the Versahaul. And have extras like rear receiver to plug the 1up rack into, gas can carrier, etc. I asked about a dual receiver setup and he didn't think it was worth it. I can always add a second arm/receiver later if needed.

Nice, that sounds like a great solution.

If you do want to build a new & better bike carrier for whatever moto you end up with, swing on by. I'm on Gen. 4 & 5 of mine, currently on the CB500F & CB500X. This version has mounts for QR, 12x100, & 15x110, staggered so that the bars are as close as possible to my head without being a problem.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16643807320470.jpeg 
Views:	61 
Size:	117.6 KB 
ID:	427889
    Last edited by climberevan; 09-28-2022 at 04:53 PM.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I had the pleasure of visiting Bobcatsig's gearages I passed up the Or/Wa coast. Dude has a serious Austro/Italian obsession...NTTIAWWT

Had to mop up the drool, but the bike in his living room is even better the ones relegated to the garage.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Gonna be braaping the motos down in southern Utah this weekend into next week. If you’re in the area give a shout

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Gonna be braaping the motos down in southern Utah this weekend into next week. If you’re in the area give a shout
    Whitewash with a group 10/14-16 if you are interested in joining.

Likely Moab the next weekend 10/21-22, weather dependent.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I had the pleasure of visiting Bobcatsig's gearages I passed up the Or/Wa coast. Dude has a serious Austro/Italian obsession...NTTIAWWT

Had to mop up the drool, but the bike in his living room is even better the ones relegated to the garage.
    What can I say? I have predilections for the Yurp-ee-uhns.

That said, we need to ride together sometime. We've skied plenty, but some motos would be cool. Maybe some Eastern Sierra adventuring?

The evolution of the electric dirt bike is going to be interesting. No loud obnoxious noise to disturb the peace. Huge potential to add tracks back into populous areas. The enduro scene may be a ways out due to battery life, but motocross seems easy.

https://electrek.co/2022/10/03/sur-r...ic-motorcycle/

Maggot motorcycle stoke thread

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    Whitewash with a group 10/14-16 if you are interested in joining.

Likely Moab the next weekend 10/21-22, weather dependent.
    Thanks will send a pm.

We just wrapped up 4 days of riding in the desert. Spanned all types of terrain -singletrack, double track, enduro fast + technical. Dodged major flooding of the Price river and even got lost for a while “out there on the moon”. No body or gear mechanicals to report.

Name:	Image1664988117.866762.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	428765

Name:	IMG_3616.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	428768

Name:	Image1664988497.100217.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	428769

Name:	Image1664988543.704572.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	428770

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    The evolution of the electric dirt bike is going to be interesting. No loud obnoxious noise to disturb the peace. Huge potential to add tracks back into populous areas. The enduro scene may be a ways out due to battery life, but motocross seems easy.

I'd say it's flipped. My experience with Alta - and I have many hours on their bikes - was that for MX, it was a weapon, but the loads asked of the bike spent the battery quickly. Same for the speeds seen in desert riding and racing. It's the slow, singletrack where the Alta shined. Depending on terrain, you could go out for 30 or 40 hard miles on a single charge, with the bike outlasting both your skill and distance. That said, I do see how the lightweight needs of enduro will keep e-bikes at bay for a bit longer. The modern two-strokes are so good and so light, it will take a bit for electrics to match all those specs.

But for beaters like you and me? An e-bike for the woods is a great answer.

That's cool you have hours on the Alta. Too bad what happened to them. All these startups with new tech need investors willing to wait out the storm.

As batteries evolve and charging becomes quicker things will change. But yeah, I think for the average joe they'll be fine or good enough shortly.

Pros in a long race, just pull off to the side for a quick pit stop, grab a new bike and go. Or maybe the strategy would involve getting the longest life out of the battery. Smooth ftw

That's cool you have hours on the Alta. Too bad what happened to them. All these startups with new tech need investors willing to wait out the storm.

As batteries evolve and charging becomes quicker things will change. But yeah, I think for the average joe they'll be fine or good enough shortly.

Pros in a long race, just pull off to the side for a quick pit stop, grab a new bike and go. Or maybe the strategy would involve getting the longest life out of the battery. Smooth ftw
    Totally. Harley did have a hand in the fuckery that ultimately ended Alta. A story for another time...

On the swapping, Alta had entered - and qualified for - the Erzberg rodeo a few years ago. Their strategy was to swap a battery mid-race. Unfortunately, one of the riders had his bikes nicked en route to the venue. And the other rider missed a turn and ran out of juice before he could reach the swap station.

I'm really interested to see how California will deal with licensing electric dirt bikes. Restrictions on motos/OHVs on public land have been based on meeting or not meeting emissions. Electric dirt bikes won't have that problem so in theory would just need mirrors, signals, speedo, DOT approved tires etc to be registered street legal. Could it really be that easy? Really hoping some models show up that are lighter weight and smaller dimensions.

Thanks for all the beta on the hitch racks a page or two back. I'm in the analysis paralysis phase. @simple not in the area but appreciate the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Totally. Harley did have a hand in the fuckery that ultimately ended Alta. A story for another time..

I stopped in at Joe Hauler last week and ordered a custom carrier. Hopefully pick it up soon

Just here to say that we swap batteries all the time in the sur rons. Takes like 30 seconds. I haven't pre-ordered a storm bee yet but if they're shooting for delivering the first round of bikes in Feb then they may get my $$ after Christmas.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Just here to say that we swap batteries all the time in the sur rons. Takes like 30 seconds. I haven't pre-ordered a storm bee yet but if they're shooting for delivering the first round of bikes in Feb then they may get my $$ after Christmas.
    Not sure I can be an early adopter on that one. The time I had on the Sur Ron was cool, but I could tell those Chinese parts wouldn't take a beating for long. I know I would have had to upgrade a lot. Assuming that'll be the same with the Storm Bee. Need to hear some reviews of suspension components and such.

Think I'd rather hold out for the Stark Varg. But that could be the same situation.