Page 11 of 151 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    You would hate commuting on that vibrating hardtail. Yeah, they're nice to look at, but you don't want to put any time in the saddle on customs like that....

There's a very good reason why modern bikes are sprung and have good seats and brakes. You wouldn't want to ride one of these on a singletrack (or to work every day) either for the same reason:

Quote Originally Posted by boarderline
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I've managed to put almost 5000 miles on my 2004 Yamaha Vino 125cc scooter over the last two years. It's taught me a lot about street riding, especially the part about how to not get dead.

Time for a horsepower upgrade from 12 hp on the scoot to about 95 on the bike. Picking up the new bike at 7 PM and taking it for a ride up Suncrest.
    I used to drive motorcycles around a good bit, even a Harley Sportster. That was before I had an ounce of sense though.

But I've got scooters on the brain now! One of the guys at work drives one and I saw some shiny new ones in Vegas. The gas mileage, omg.

Vespas are hot.

Last edited by SheRa; 07-01-2006 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster
    You would hate commuting on that vibrating hardtail.
    wussy

Heh - in more ways than you know....

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa
    Vespas are hot.
    Vespa is owned by Gae Co.

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by phUnk
    Is that the NYSE or the NASDAQ? I've been looking for some new investment opportunities and if this is an up and comer it might just fit the bill.

Talking

Get a few horsepower under your belt and then we'll talk.

Plenty of horsepower under my belt, but are you talking about my motorcycle? It has plenty too.

When you going to head up north to play? Get out of the traffic and do some cruisin? Or are you too good for us non-superfuckingfast, 6 attempts on life in 11 months type peoples?

Well, ARE YOU?
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa
    I used to drive motorcycles around a good bit, even a Harley Sportster. That was before I had an ounce of sense though.

But I've got scooters on the brain now! One of the guys at work drives one and I saw some shiny new ones in Vegas. The gas mileage, omg.

Vespas are hot.

Seeing a ton of these and others in Cache Valley, Logan UT area.

One beef with scooter riders: The obligatory motorcycle "wave", the quick left hand just off the bars to say "hey".

People on scooters do NOT do this wave and I have a hard time waving to a scooter. They don't get it and look at you funny. I have enough people looking at me funny, dammit!
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Dobish
    not my bike, but I am thinking about getting one instead of paying for gas in the WRX on my commute.
    Imo it's a false economy. You go through back tires every 5k miles and bikes just require a lot of maintenance in general: chains, valve adjustments, tune-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic
    Imo it's a false economy. You go through back tires every 5k miles and bikes just require a lot of maintenance in general: chains, valve adjustments, tune-ups.
    Those things don't cost shit, FYI.

I could get very used to this.

Yesterday, I rode up and down LCC, down Wasatch Blvd., up and over Suncrest into Alpine, into American Fork Canyon, up and over the very twisty Alpine Loop, had a bottled water at Sundance, then took the highway past Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon, surface streets back to Suncrest , then up and over Suncrest back home.

153 miles door to door. It most totally ruled. Getting the bike's handling and torque/horsepower all dialed in tight like. Toit like a toiger.

Today's riding after work was up to Alta and back down, then up to Brighton, up and down Guardsman's Pass, then back down BCC to the city. The BCC S-turn just rules on a bike.

So uh, yeah. Motorcycles are fun.
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy
    One beef with scooter riders: The obligatory motorcycle "wave", the quick left hand just off the bars to say "hey".

People on scooters do NOT do this wave and I have a hard time waving to a scooter. They don't get it and look at you funny. I have enough people looking at me funny, dammit!
    Heh. When I was riding the scoot, almost no motorcycle riders would wave. So I think the scooter riders are in shock that you're actually waving to them from the V-Star, and they don't know how to respond.
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

IMVHO, vespas suck. I've had some 10 different scooters in my life (they are the only way to survive in italian cities), and all those made by piaggio (vespa builders) had a penchant for being broken the day you needed them. Some 4 years ago I bought this

and after 17,000 km I can tell you that I love it much more of any vespa I have had in the past

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61
    IMVHO, vespas suck. I've had some 10 different scooters in my life (they are the only way to survive in italian cities), and all those made by piaggio (vespa builders) had a penchant for being broken the day you needed them. Some 4 years ago I bought this

and after 17,000 km I can tell you that I love it much more of any vespa I have had in the past
    Honda - that's cool. Does it come in pink? I just made a deal for a pink sled and I need everything to match.

I'll be sure to wave to everyone on a motorcycle.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61
    ....broken the day you needed them...
    To my knowledge that applies to ALL Italian made vehicles!

Holy #^$^$. Check out this helmet cam footage from the AFM 600 Superbike race this May, and turn your sound up.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...orcycle+racing
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

So I have a story to tell and it may hit home to some of you motorcyclists:

Over the last couple of weeks, I have been working on trading in my Jeep Wrangler

on a new motorcycle. A Triumph Bonneville. Beautiful.

So after 3 trips to the dealership (about 45 minutes driving each way), several hours of negotiation and shopping for accessories, and dealing with car/bike salesmen (not my favorite people in the world, but this one wasn't too bad), I had agreed to a deal.

Financing approved, Accessories Picked, Bike Prepped, ready to go.

Yeah, Right...

So I arrive there about an hour before they said the bike would be ready, figuring paperwork, license plates, etc. would take that long...

Anyway, we get everything ready, signed, etc and I'm putting on my new gear to ride and they tell me there's a problem. They want a bigger down payment and are increasing my finance rate.

I promptly say "Fuck You" and leave. No Deal.

So now I'm sitting here with no pretty new bike, a Jeep I don't really want, and a feeling that I'm not sure if I was being screwed or if these guys were just dumb. They claimed it was a simple screwup and I'm usually inclined to believe people.

py Fucking day. At least I didn't have to ride home in the torrential rain hitting Connecticut as we speak.

Oh well... Anyone want to buy a Jeep?

Quote Originally Posted by tex1230
    So I have a story to tell and it may hit home to some of you motorcyclists:

Over the last couple of weeks, I have been working on trading in my Jeep Wrangler

[MG]http://www.branchville.com/images/NewVehicles/nv24443_1_400.jpg[/IMG]

on a new motorcycle. A Triumph Bonneville. Beautiful.

So after 3 trips to the dealership (about 45 minutes driving each way), several hours of negotiation and shopping for accessories, and dealing with car/bike salesmen (not my favorite people in the world, but this one wasn't too bad), I had agreed to a deal.

Financing approved, Accessories Picked, Bike Prepped, ready to go.

Yeah, Right...

So I arrive there about an hour before they said the bike would be ready, figuring paperwork, license plates, etc. would take that long...

Anyway, we get everything ready, signed, etc and I'm putting on my new gear to ride and they tell me there's a problem. They want a bigger down payment and are increasing my finance rate.

I promptly say "Fuck You" and leave. No Deal.

So now I'm sitting here with no pretty new bike, a Jeep I don't really want, and a feeling that I'm not sure if I was being screwed or if these guys were just dumb. They claimed it was a simple screwup and I'm usually inclined to believe people.

py Fucking day. At least I didn't have to ride home in the torrential rain hitting Connecticut as we speak.

Oh well... Anyone want to buy a Jeep?
    Fuck em. They try to pull that shit on a lot of people, and a large amount of them probably fall for it. Fucking scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by The General
    thats nuts--so smooth -exceot when they wipe out

the latest gadget-cruise control for the ninefiddy

Thumbs up

Another great day on the bike today........85 degree weather, wide open mountain roads....

I love my bike.

long story short, I sorted shit out with the dealer... Here's My new baby...

AJ Likes it too:

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tex1230
    long story short, I sorted shit out with the dealer...
    Congrats dude!

anyone got some fall moto trip ideas for me?

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=58087