Page 118 of 151 FirstFirst ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 3756
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    DRZ400 with moderate skills. That Rim Rocker looks awesome. I need to find somebody to go with me.
    If it weren't a 17 hour drive, I'd go shred that trail again. It's big, wide, and full of amazing views. And lots of rocks. So many rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I would do it but I don't have 160 mile range sorry
    I think there are options to dip out of the trail and hit a town for fuel. Or pack a fuel bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    If it weren't a 17 hour drive, I'd go shred that trail again. It's big, wide, and full of amazing views. And lots of rocks. So many rocks.

I think there are options to dip out of the trail and hit a town for fuel. Or pack a fuel bottle?
    Between Montrose and Moab? There isn't much out there. I'm sure it isn't worth it to deviate from what should be a fun trail. Same with Fruita to Moab...have the fuel to finish it.

I was filling a few MSR bottles and strapping em to the bike or throwing em in a pack. I’ve also used Gatorade bottles and they work. But then I got the massive 4.7gal gas tank and don’t worry about it.

Either way, I’ll be headed out that way a bunch in the next few months. Might look at that Montrose to Moab route. We are doing a mtb trip from Telluride to Moab next year and I bet it overlaps some.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I was filling a few MSR bottles and strapping em to the bike or throwing em in a pack. I’ve also used Gatorade bottles and they work. But then I got the massive 4.7gal gas tank and don’t worry about it.

Either way, I’ll be headed out that way a bunch in the next few months. Might look at that Montrose to Moab route. We are doing a mtb trip from Telluride to Moab next year and I bet it overlaps some.
    TR, por favor

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post

large antifreeze bottle strapped to the number plate. Filled with gas of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    large antifreeze bottle strapped to the number plate. Filled with gas of course.
    Yes, good idea. Or a Rotopax if you're bougie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Yes, good idea. Or a Rotopax if you're bougie.
    The bougie option is the 1gal Giant Loop gas bag for $150. It was $100 when they first released it but they, I guess, figured people would pay more.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    The bougie option is the 1gal Giant Loop gas bag for $150. It was $100 when they first released it but they, I guess, figured people would pay more.
    Touche. And they did.

Those rotopax are funny. The container and mount itself is heavier than the gas it can carry.

“Gas bag”, also funny.

Sur ron is stupid fun on the 10-12k cruiser trails near the cabin. @ only 120# it gets tossed around in the steep chunky stuff but my 10yo kept up with the neighbor on his brand new sherco 300 while they were out trail riding with the rzr's and quads in Sunday.
    Name:  20210919_073038-01.jpeg
Views: 477
Size:  213.6 KB
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Sur ron is stupid fun on the 10-12k cruiser trails near the cabin. @ only 120# it gets tossed around in the steep chunky stuff but my 10yo kept up with the neighbor on his brand new sherco 300 while they were out trail riding with the rzr's and quads in Sunday.
    Name:  20210919_073038-01.jpeg
Views: 477
Size:  213.6 KB
    Take it up Antero or Princeton yet? Should be pretty easy on that thing. I’ve seen and ridden a few but not on tough trails. Would be interesting to see a dialed in suspension on one.

Not yet, been confining it to Hancock / tincup and the surround areas so far. No way I could get it to Antero but I bet Princeton would be doable.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Rode a lot of moto this weekend. Saw virtually no one. Bike wouldn't start out on a very hard section of trail. About an hour of diagnosis which tested my buddy's patience but it turned out to be a broken wire that goes to the E-start. Noticed a few other worn wires. Guess I have abused this 2018 but c'mon this is just annoying

Damn, annoying. No roll start or kick start either?
    We put in a good four hrs of singletrack yesterday in Breck and saw a total of three other motos, a hiker, and one lost biker. I guess everyone else was on Aspen Alley looking at dying trees.

A nice little Sunday ride to break in a new tire...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7qTbxL9.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	386858

Didn't go so well...

Name:	ArnQCHL.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	826.6 KB 
ID:	386859

Debeaded the tire, likely due to low pressure, and spun the tire on the rim. Super.

I've had Husaberg, Husqvarna, and KTM with E-start only. It sucks when the system fails. No kick start and bump start will not fire up the fuel pump.

I found a 2016 KTM XCF-W recently and it was the last one to have both kick and E-start

You can add a kicker to any of them, but if the power wires to the fi get borked, you're still SOL

I've had Husaberg, Husqvarna, and KTM with E-start only. It sucks when the system fails. No kick start and bump start will not fire up the fuel pump.

I found a 2016 KTM XCF-W recently and it was the last one to have both kick and E-start
    Yep. Not OK considering the remoteness we ride. My 2018 250 XC has both kick and Estart.

Tokyo offroad sells capacitors for the exact situation you are in. The KTM EXC line does not get the capacitor, but the XC line does, which allows you to bump start the bike and run the pump (if you don't have a auto clutch of course).

https://tacomoto.co/products/tokyo-o...ting-capacitor

Edit: This capacitor is for the TPI 2 strokes, not positive about the 4 strokes. The TPI 2 strokes do run a fuel pump like their 4 stroke bretheren.

Damn, that sucks. I would have been screwed last week when my battery died if I couldn’t roll start. Seems like something so simple that could screw you would have a solution on those fancy KTM Husky etc stuff.

Replaced it with a lithium Antigravity battery with backup start but that wouldn’t help with wiring issues. It weighed 1/3 of the factory battery so we will see how it does.

Yesterday was beautiful riding weather. Went out and about for a couple hours..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Yeah my E-start issues are all on 4 strokes. 2 strokes are less problematic. My 350 is still faster than a 300 so neaner neaner. Not faster when it is dead on the trailside though ugh.

The KTM EFI bikes demand a very specific voltage. If you get outside of that; you're hooped. On my 250 TPI, the negative battery terminal bolt came loose and the bike wouldn't start. Once I figured it out and retightened it; she fired right up.

This Swiss watch of a machine!

Name:	805AB6FA-DD25-4C61-9F00-8655054234B9.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	675.6 KB 
ID:	387433

Considering dealing it off to a buddy to try and set up a small dual sport for runaround duty and winter commuting.
    Looking at xl125s, lifan 200s, ct110s….

Still a little torn, but I’ve really loved my 80cc moped for shopping and winter rides and taking the dog to the beach, except it’s really slow and full rigid zero suspension is limiting.

Still a little conflicted. I was prepared to pull trigger on the plan Tuesday, but buyer was hospitalized, and now I’ve had a few more commutes on it and it’s hard to let such a squared-away machine go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4F4158DA-DD85-4BA1-806E-1E4712E3CB6A.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	681.1 KB 
ID:	387432  

There’s a local cb125.

Thinking of putting dirt tires on it, kind of a diy xl125

Like so:

Name:	DCB549C3-9FFF-4509-A463-F39FEF127741.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	402.2 KB 
ID:	387538

Yeah my E-start issues are all on 4 strokes. 2 strokes are less problematic. My 350 is still faster than a 300 so neaner neaner. Not faster when it is dead on the trailside though ugh.
    Faster on what?
    My Montana has an East Infection