Page 111 of 151 FirstFirst ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 3764
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    The Italian stallion, gassed up and ready for some offroad adventures.
    Attachment 375581
    Don’t forget brush guards for that inverted fork

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Well, you could make a longer-term project out of the original motor while slapping one of those cheapo knockoffs in there to get the rest of it going.
    Fwiw, re:chinese knockoff motors: I have an 80cc chongking-dinking motor running my moped, I’m giving that thing a hard, hard life of cold starts, mechanical overrevving, not changing the oil enough…etc, and so far it’s been dauntless.
    Ya - that was my thought - unfortunately the Lifan requires a slight frame modification (it's a coppy of the 67 and up ohv engine and the 64 has the older pushrod engine). Nothing really substantial, but enough to bother me a bit as it is such a survivor.

I think if it was just bolt on I would order it today - they have come a long way and there are many, many ct's, cubs, dreams etc running on them - It's a bullet proof design.

(the guy who gave me this also gave me a 1978 imperial moped with a sachs 505 in a box - haven't even looked at it yet - but what engine did you put in yours?)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1622212074.715780.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	168.5 KB 
ID:	375845

Thaaats not supposed to be there!!!

Jeebus...

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post

Name:	Image1622212074.715780.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	168.5 KB 
ID:	375845

Thaaats not supposed to be there!!!
    At least they used the hi temp gasket maker.

Too bad you're the lawyer of the group. Perfect spot for our dentists to bring out their dental picks.

New (to me) bike day. Had a 2010 Versys previously, and loved it. Always regretted having to sell it so I’m happy to have one back in the garage! This one is a 2014 w/ ABS.

Name:	IMG_5218.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	250.3 KB 
ID:	376982

I wanted to reach out to the group. Got lucky cartridges installed and suspension serviced by MX Tech in Illinois. (dual spring conversion)

These guys were awesome, responsive, and really wanted to know the type of riding i did out here.

Havent gotten them back to try out and dial in, but I havent dealt with a company in awhile that was so interested in their craft and how it relates to the end user.

New forks, shock service, and parts out the door for less than $2k.

Bluespark, ready to ride the colorado high country? We should be out there with shovels this weekend trying to gain access to the Taylor Park side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    New (to me) bike day. Had a 2010 Versys previously, and loved it. Always regretted having to sell it so I’m happy to have one back in the garage! This one is a 2014 w/ ABS.
    Congrats on the new team green machine.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Bluespark, ready to ride the colorado high country? We should be out there with shovels this weekend trying to gain access to the Taylor Park side of things.
    Thinking about riding over around Taylor/CB soon. Should be drying up fast around there.

I wanted to reach out to the group. Got lucky cartridges installed and suspension serviced by MX Tech in Illinois. (dual spring conversion)

These guys were awesome, responsive, and really wanted to know the type of riding i did out here.

Havent gotten them back to try out and dial in, but I havent dealt with a company in awhile that was so interested in their craft and how it relates to the end user.

New forks, shock service, and parts out the door for less than $2k.

Glad you're stoked, but that is absolutely normal data they need to do the setup on the suspension.
    Rider weight, age, riding level, terrain, oversize tank y/n, are the minimum data points they need to select spring rate and first pass at valving.

If a suspension shop doesn't ask that, run away.

I
    I'd love to but my next 3 weekends are booked. I'm all in for July though!

Nice one, Supermoon!!

Asspen, yeah, bought a yz fork that'd been redone. Gotta contact racetech to see if I can see the specs. Good onya for the rebuild. What did they do, and for what specs?

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    Nice one, Supermoon!!

Asspen, yeah, bought a yz fork that'd been redone. Gotta contact racetech to see if I can see the specs. Good onya for the rebuild. What did they do, and for what specs?
    Have a KTM 2 stroke with the AER 48 fork that been roundly panned by all offroad riders. Only the Pro MX testers seem to like the AER.

Went with MX tech's proprietary dual spring conversion which drops into my current tubes (Lucky Cartridge kit). They make the lucky kit for all the popular forks.

Small chop compliance has much improved, and is worth the investment thus far.

This doesn't really belong here but it also doesn't belong in the sprockets forum either. Got it last week and used it in town a little too shake it down went to to the mountains with it for a few days.

Holy shit. In sport mode it is constantly trying to kill (and I assume eat) its rider. Twitchy bastard with that instant electric torque but so nimble and fun to ride! 40+ mile range and does 50mph on the street with my 175# frame.
    Name:  20210621_154222-01.jpeg
Views: 692
Size:  73.1 KB
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    This doesn't really belong here but it also doesn't belong in the sprockets forum either. Got it last week and used it in town a little too shake it down went to to the mountains with it for a few days.

Holy shit. In sport mode it is constantly trying to kill (and I assume eat) its rider. Twitchy bastard with that instant electric torque but so nimble and fun to ride! 40+ mile range and does 50mph on the street with my 175# frame.
    That thing running two dirtbike front tires? Looks like a blast.

trials like geometry - super torquey?

looks like fun
    ​I am not in your hurry

Sur ron light bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    trials like geometry - super torquey?

looks like fun
    Right?! That looks like the shiz
    I want 10 minutes with one. I’m totally overwhelmed with curiosity…

Yeah, it's def got a trials bike kind of feel to it since it's only like 120# and sits on kinda skinny tires. It wants you to throw it around in the bumps and tight turns.

Really touquey motor, to the extent that I have to pay attention to where the weight is on steep climbs cuz the back tire is always trying to break loose. That linear torque curve of the electric takes some getting used to but I'm such a candy ass that most of my riding is under 30 or 35mph so the power comes on right in the sweet spot down low. It's happy to pop wheelies even with an adult rider on it.

Not enough suspension and mass to keep up with the guys on 250s and 400s on the mostly flat access roads but I didn't have any trouble hanging on the more rocky and technical side trails.

Ten minutes and you'd be checking your bank balance. But it's dangerous cuz it's so light and quiet that it makes you think you could poach pretty much anything anytime and we're supposed to stay the trail and whatnot...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

Yeah, it's def got a trials bike kind of feel to it since it's only like 120# and sits on kinda skinny tires. It wants you to throw it around in the bumps and tight turns.

Really touquey motor, to the extent that I have to pay attention to where the weight is on steep climbs cuz the back tire is always trying to break loose. That linear torque curve of the electric takes some getting used to but I'm such a candy ass that most of my riding is under 30 or 35mph so the power comes on right in the sweet spot down low. It's happy to pop wheelies even with an adult rider on it.

Not enough suspension and mass to keep up with the guys on 250s and 400s on the mostly flat access roads but I didn't have any trouble hanging on the more rocky and technical side trails.

Ten minutes and you'd be checking your bank balance. But it's dangerous cuz it's so light and quiet that it makes you think you could poach pretty much anything anytime and we're supposed to stay the trail and whatnot...
    That thing looks awesome, I have a few friends that have some and I've been meaning to take them out.

Have you done the off-road mod that take the governor off?

I clipped the green wire before I even turned the main breaker on after charging the battery for the first time.

No need for a governor as the EP/Sport mode switch on the bars restricts the acceleration and max speed enough that I'm slightly more comfortable letting my older kids ride it.

Anybody live near Kellogg, ID, ski silver mountain, or race in Stix n Stones this year?

Event looked like a blast. Is silver mountain prviately owned, or on a FS lease?

Trying to get something similar to our mountain communities in Colorado.

Maggot motorcycle stoke thread

Anybody live near Kellogg, ID, ski silver mountain, or race in Stix n Stones this year?

Event looked like a blast. Is silver mountain prviately owned, or on a FS lease?

Trying to get something similar to our mountain communities in Colorado.
    Silver is on private land AFAIK

After lots of fiddling, hog-asaki is running and riding very well.

Name:	EB489880-94CB-4A94-80D7-97D89E276553.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	378188

Took the whole frontend apart, cleaned the forks and new fork oil, new steering head bearings, new wheel besrings, new tire….no more death wobble. I don’t know what was wrong, could have been any of those things, but blunt force overhaul repair approach took care of it.
    2 oil changes later, no more black oil…amsoil is staying clear now, and between that and getting the lever adjusted just right…clunky shifting issues are pretty much gone.

It has been fun to go show my wife lots of places I get to see with my driving job, this big bike tolerates 2up riding really well….as a 1500cc should, I guess…but still. We’re getting our $1500 worth.

Haven’t taken the pickup truck to work in ages…really makes me look forward to the end of the workday.

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonisgood View Post
    Silver is on private land AFAIK
    I unfortunately figured as much. A man can dream.

A well thought out dirtbike race would essentially burn in a bunch of new MTB trails for pennies on the dollar compared to the trail building companies. Granted the trail builders would come in and create drainage solutions in a few areas, but not have to effectively cut the entire new trail.