Page 10 of 151 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie blaylock
    i like v twins

Twins are nice, but that's actually a V4. That thing should be rediculous. The price tag will be equally rediculous. I don't know what you'll be able to do w/ it. I wonder if club racing will allow it in the open class. But I don't know how easy it'd be to get parts when you wad it up. Interesting bike, just too expensive (this coming from a guy who's already drank the coolaid and bought two ducs).

bump - because I need a radar detector.

No, the real point is, I don't give a damn
    - Carl

Quote Originally Posted by good4nothing
    bump - because I need a radar detector.

waiting for GUNS!!!!!!!
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by 1080Rider
    (this coming from a guy who's already drank the coolaid and bought two ducs).
    I was just about to mention that part.

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    Quote Originally Posted by nick > jesus

Honda Trail 90 circa 1970
    I got it really cheep, I need to replace the whole electrical system though, all the sudden late last summer it started short circuiting batteries, two new ones in a row.
    Drove this bad ass saturday and sunday, and its fun as hell! Its like biking, except you don't have to pedal. Brilliant!

DisArray Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu Gotz
    Or one of these.
    There is no room for a chick. Useless!!

Also Schindler-

Please!! Please!! Please!! tell me that you did not ride the Kawasaki in a tee shirt, shorts, baseball cap and slippers!! PLEASE!!

Last edited by DisArray; 06-11-2006 at 11:55 PM.

Make fun if you'd like. That shot was taken in the AM, just before I went shopping for a few items. I was stoked to ride my bros. bike, and couldn't wait to get it on the road. As previously stated, I was able to ride it 3-4X over the weekend. It was FL. It was hot...and I did ride it in shorts and a tee. I did wear a helmet a couple times (but not always).
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Pretty much the only pic of my ride. '03 SV650

Current Mods: (some as of the end of this week )
    -Fender Eliminator
    -Holeshot slip-on
    -RaceTech Springs
    -Emulators
    -Suburban Machinery Type 1 Bars
    -Lower Chin Spoiler
    -Solo Seat Cowl

1 extra, Lap 1 Turn 5, AMA Superbike races at Road America.

First superbike race I had been too, it was amazing watching those riders push a bike like that!

General, you ever make it out to any of the bike races at Summit Point? Watching those guys rocket out of turn 10 at full throttle is really fucking sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog
    General, you ever make it out to any of the bike races at Summit Point? Watching those guys rocket out of turn 10 at full throttle is really fucking sweet.
    No..... I didn't. and the only reason I have for not getting out to Summit is the fact that I'm retarded! I would've loved to have done a track day out there as well but, I didn't have much disposable income when I was living in Va. Oh well......

edit: Seeing Roo's other thread reminded me of this though. I did get the chance to drive a chipped 911 Turbo on the roads around Summit Point and NoVa!
    Last edited by The General; 06-12-2006 at 09:36 AM.

So, after a bunch of research, I think I've narrowed down the hunt to a couple of bikes. I'm leaning toward the sport touring category as I want a bike that handles the corners well, has plenty of power and acceleration, can be ridden comfortably for many hours at a stretch on long road trips.

The contenders:

Honda ST1300:

Great reviews online about this bike, everyone who's ridden one seems to love it. Incredible speed, handling, and long-distance comfort.

Yamaha FJR1300A:

About $1500 less than the Honda when new. Has good, but not glowing reviews. Reviews state that it's very fast, very comfortable, but lacks in the handling department.

Thoughts?
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

I'm gonna ride dirtbikes with my buddies this weekend. never done that before. Hell, only ridden a motorcycle a couple of times, and not in the past 10 years.

Hope I don't kill myself. Any advice on how to avoid death?

Helmet and goggles + Armor + Focus + Throttle...

...and a litre of Cabo for afterwards
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I'll marry her ('98, 30,000 km) on the next monday:

DisArray Guest
    Speaking of beemers- BMW's first ever V-Twin. The F800S. Looks fun.

My baby...

Unfortunately selling it this season - specs and mods listed here:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=56408
    Last edited by BCR; 06-30-2006 at 02:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tromano View Post
    Apathy is harder for me to understand than passion.

Picking this 1980 Suzuki GS1000E up after work tonight:

One of the original muscle bikes, and this one's in great condition. So stoked.
    Last edited by boarderline; 06-30-2006 at 11:31 AM.
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Quote Originally Posted by DisArray
    Speaking of beemers- BMW's first ever V-Twin. The F800S. Looks fun.
    That's not a V-Twin, it's inline. Rotax engine?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by boarderline
    Picking this 1980 Suzuki GS1000E up after work tonight:

One of the original muscle bikes, and this one's in great condition. So stoked.
    Nice pick up!! Good starter bike for sure, then ramp up to the other ones you posted pics on.

Taking the Utah Rider Educatin Course? I did, I highly recommend. Good way to get used to bikes, get your license and learn the basics.

http://www.utahridered.com/
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy
    Nice pick up!! Good starter bike for sure, then ramp up to the other ones you posted pics on.

Taking the Utah Rider Educatin Course? I did, I highly recommend. Good way to get used to bikes, get your license and learn the basics.

http://www.utahridered.com/
    Yep, already signed up for the two-Saturday MSF class for 8-5 and 8-12. I already took and passed the written portion of the DMV test, so I have a motorcycle permit. Next step is to take and pass the MSF class for the full motorcycle endorsement.

We should have a Utarded motorcycle mini sometime....
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by boarderline
    Yep, already signed up for the two-Saturday MSF class for 8-5 and 8-12. I already took and passed the written portion of the DMV test, so I have a motorcycle permit. Next step is to take and pass the MSF class for the full motorcycle endorsement.

We should have a Utarded motorcycle mini sometime....
    Damn, I went to the class with nothing besides my helmet, gloves, long pants and a long sleeve tee. Sounds like you are already ahead of the ball. It is fun, just pay attention. What you learn will help you stay alive.

YOU ARE GOING TO SWEAT YOUR BALLS OFF, SO WEAR WHITE LS TEE!

Been wanting to hit the road for a longer trip, get a few miles under your belt and lets talk.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy
    Been wanting to hit the road for a longer trip, get a few miles under your belt and lets talk.
    Get a few horsepower under your belt and then we'll talk.

Good on ya, boarderline, for taking the course. I've had about 6 attempts on my life in the 11 months I've been riding. The basics will save your butt!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've managed to put almost 5000 miles on my 2004 Yamaha Vino 125cc scooter over the last two years. It's taught me a lot about street riding, especially the part about how to not get dead.

Time for a horsepower upgrade from 12 hp on the scoot to about 95 on the bike. Picking up the new bike at 7 PM and taking it for a ride up Suncrest.
    SELECT IQ
    FROM
    Users
    WHERE
    IQ > 0

0 Row(s) affected.

not my bike, but I am thinking about getting one instead of paying for gas in the WRX on my commute. My buddy from college makes custom bikes out in Connecticut, and does some really cool stuff. His girlfriend does amazing leatherwork and other artwork out of some pretty crazy materials....

check out the website if you want to see more details....

www.easternfabrications.com