Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Tool - 10,000 Days

I can't fucking wait for this. A friend of mine heard it sucked, but I don't believe that's possible. Anyone hear any reviews?

I remember hearing some stuff like that when Lateralus first came out - about how it wasn't up to par. But it quickly becamse one of my favorite albums. I don't think it's going to suck.

new single out on monday. one of the stations here played a little 30 second clip of it, sounds pretty sickter

Quote Originally Posted by nutcase
    I remember hearing some stuff like that when Lateralus first came out - about how it wasn't up to par. But it quickly becamse one of my favorite albums. I don't think it's going to suck.
    Same here. That album fucking rules.

Quote Originally Posted by powderhound
    new single out on monday.
    Yeah, I read that the other day. I can't fucking wait.

Thumbs up holy guacamole

just heard the new single. pretty unbelievable.

how anyone even writes something like that is completely beyond me.

Any word yet on a tour supporting the album?

Edit: Seems like Coachella is the only thing in the US before the fall.
    Last edited by Tippster; 04-16-2006 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster

You know how hard it is going to be to get tickets? Last time they toured my friend and I camped out for hours - were second in line to buy tickets and were not even able to get seats next to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster

I was looking at tour dates and it appeared as thought they were going to hit Europe first, but I could be wrong.

god damn that new single is good. Lucked out and heard it twice today on the radio, insane.

I can't see how the new album could suck if you're a Tool fan. No way.

Thumbs up

So excited for the new album. Saw them at Red Rocks after the lateralus release and it was by far the best show I've ever seen. Gonna see them again at Coachella in a couple weeks.

New single is pretty sweet.

Hell yeah I just heard that shit. It's fucking awesome. To correct my earlier post, they are doing a tour of small venues in the US then going to Europe.

damn, has anyone been able to track down a legit mp3 of this yet?

Looks like they are going to be playing in Seattle May 2nd!!!!!!!

Holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by tywhy
    damn, has anyone been able to track down a legit mp3 of this yet?

I have it on my comp....I'd share it but I have no idea how. If you can figure it out, it's all yours.

I have to add that I saw them play in LA right after Lateralus came out and was in the fifth row. Possibly the best show I have ever seen. I think I might be camping out for tickets to the Seattle show

I love it when Maynard stops fucking around with Perfect Circle and gets down to business. Oink only has the single so far, but advances are usually upped pretty quickly.

SUN-APR-30 INDIO, CA/ COACHELLA FESTIVAL
    TUE-MAY-02 SEATTLE/ PARAMOUNT THEATRE
    THU-MAY-04 OAKLAND/ PARAMOUNT THEATRE
    FRI-MAY-05 LAS VEGAS/ THE JOINT
    SAT-MAY-06 PHOENIX/ GAMMAGE HALL
    MON-MAY-08 DALLAS/ McFARLIN AUDITORIUM
    WED-MAY-10 DENVER/ TEMPLE BUELL THEATRE
    THU-MAY-11 KANSAS CITY/ MEMORIAL HALL
    FRI-MAY-12 MINNEAPOLIS/ ORPHEUM THEATRE
    SAT-MAY-13 CHICAGO/ AUDITORIUM THEATRE
    MON-MAY-15 DETROIT/ FOX THEATRE
    TUE-MAY-16 TORONTO/ HUMMINGBIRD THEATRE
    THU-MAY-18 PHILADELPHIA/ TOWER THEATRE
    FRI-MAY-19 NEW YORK/ CITY CENTER
    SAT-MAY-20 NEW YORK/ CITY CENTER
    SUN-MAY-21 BOSTON/ WANG CENTRE

Where the hell can I hear this song? I keep finding the intor teaser which is just getting me more pissed off.

Fuck. No DC Show. Goddammit.

Downloaded the album today. I like it. All the standard Tool elements are there: The clean sounding arpeggiated bass lines, the weird experimental tribal sounding drums in the non-heavy parts, the crisp Adam Jones guitar sound, the approaching-prog-rock rhythm gymnastics, and epic long songs and build-ups.

It seems to get a little more experimental than Lateralus and Aenima at times...long slow fading swirling instrumental sections with the occasional heavily layered Maynard, but as usual it builds. "Vicarious," the single and first song on the album is probably the strongest. "Lipan Conjuring" has some weird tribal chanting dude going off, and "Rosetta Stoned" started out with this cool backwards dialog sample over some guitar and drums. It kinda reminds me of "So What" my Ministry, but never quite gets going. "Right in Two" is a longer build-up that uncorks near the end, very good.

It's not the pop-it-in-and-rage album that Aenima or Lateralus were, but you only have to wait 47 seconds on the first track to get some delivery of the goods. The reason I like Tool though is for all of the above, the incredible diversity of the songwriting and what has long called "art rock." If you want shredgnar jams, look elsewhere. This is a great album though.

Oh, and I won't horde the goods. If you're a bit torrentor, look here: http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3472635

will have it shortly

im downloading it right now, will let you guys know what I think after I give her a listen

the piggy rules

Well I'm downloading also- I will buy the album as wellb when it comes out as I do with the few bands that actually deserve my money.

I remember when Lateralus came out all the songs that were on napster and the like before the album was released were fake.

3 minute download!!

I like what I am hearing alot so far...

I'm liking it for sure. Much slower tempo tho - kind of like how aenima was a step towards a slower tempo compared to Opiate and Undertow- and then Lateralus was a step even more further away from the Opiate/Undertow sound. This just sort of continues the evolution towards more trippy and mellow(er) stuff.

Thumbs up

Wow, new album is so $$$$. There's not one track that makes me want to hit the FF button. I really like the experimentation. You can definitely see a trend in their evolution of style from album to album. Good road trip soundtrack as well. Love the progression in the latter tracks.

Side note: Will be buying the real copy when it comes out in stores. Worth every penny.