Thread: I HATE KNEES!!!

Unhappy I HATE KNEES!!!

After three weeks of vacation a buddy and I headed up to Jackson/Targhee. We pulled in around 8 in the morning and decided to head to Grand Targhee. There were about 20 cars in the lot when we got there. I pulled out the Spatulas and we took 5 or 6 sweet runs through 8" or pow with nothing but pow underneath.

Then it happened. I decided to huck in their cliff area. Take off, tuck in the air, get a little too foward, twist foward and out of both skis. 30 seconds of moderate knee pain follows. After that I hike up and recover my skis. The knee felt a little sore, but no real pain. So I decide to ski on it the rest of the day. As soon as I stopped skiing it swelled up like no other. I could barely move the thing last night. There's swelling on the lateral side going into the rear. We drove back today and I'm gonna get it checked tomorrow. I can walk, climb stairs, and lift things with no problem and no pain at all. The only thing that is bothering me is the swelling. I let ya know how it turns out. Wish me luck.

Get better mang!

New Topic: Is a Jenima anything like a vagina?

Thumbs up

Good luck sucker. Sounds like you just have give it a few days if you're not having issues with instability. You just wrenched it a bit.

That sucks. Hopefully it's nothing major Funken. Keep pumping that IBU and ice. The mini is just around the corner.

hoping nothing is wrong...i hate my knee, and i've already been through that rehab/surgery shit. best of luck, let us know.
    you sketchy character, you

No, LOVE your knees. L-O-V-E.

Don't sound too bad, but get that MRI. At least you're walking.

First Billow, now you... I hope it's nothing. Best of luck.
    Fighting foot fungus one public bath house at a time!

My site

Swelling and pain are good signs. When you feel nothing but a looseness is when you should start worrying.
    gl

hopefully you just bruised the shit out of it and that is why it might be swollen.

heh, he said swollen
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Super powers activate!

I hope everything is OK

Question

Who knows a good orthopod in the Boulder area?

Update:

Strained or torn popliteal tendon is the doctor's best guess so far. No broken bones, no weakness in ligaments felt with basic tests, no pain twisting knee in any direction. I'm not gonna believe it until the swelling goes down and I can test it out more. Doctor said to wait a week and if it is still bothering me, get an MRI. I may get one no matter what.

I had some kind of strange injury to my popliteal tendon right before I moved out to Utah. Had a knob of scar tissue that felt like a M&M too.

The pain was kind of a burning pain (no itching, no discharge.) The fix was ultrasound massage in PT and lots of stretching. Got fixed up with that and absolutely no complaints since then.

Either way, just to be safe, you should give me your Spatulas.
    vapor lock - bitch.

If your insurance is good I’d push for an MRI. The Doc I saw didn’t think an MIR was necessary but I told him my situation/addiction and he agreed/prescribed. Something came up on the imaging so……

I started this tread a bit back if your continuing to look for options.

CO/Denver Doc

Good luck

It’s so quiet, it’s so cool, it’s so cold