Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnB
    No way. The troops are the soul of our country, and we are blessed that so many fine people will give us the best that they have when asked. Even when the leadership is so fucked. Their sacrifice is mind-boggling, and they are fucking heros.

Your sacrifice is what? What's holding you back from helping your cause? Sick pillow drops? Wow, what a patriot.
    Have you pulled your load? I didn't think so. Go enlist. Go be a hero.
    People wouldn't have to serve their whole lives if cowards like you sacked up. DO IT.

I hate everyone who disagrees with me. Everyone who disagrees with me sucks

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens
    Have you pulled your load? I didn't think so. Go enlist. Go be a hero.
    People wouldn't have to serve their whole lives if cowards like you sacked up. DO IT.
    You don't make a lick of sense, boy.

Look at the thread again, Blurred; it's YOU who supports the war. It' s YOU taking people to task for not fighting in it. Now, why aren't YOU fighting in it? Nothing stopping you. No family. No employer.

Fact is, you're a hypocrite, and a smug, self-satisfied one at that. It's tiresome, son.

No, Blurred, I was fighting REAL fires while you were out running fake drills and safely not fighting anybody. I actually put my life on the line for REAL people while you ran out your tour and, once done with your contract, ran back to the hills to go skiing and brag and yell at people you don't agree with for being pussies. I've sacked up; that's not in question. The question is, what are you doing now that the REAL shit's going down, the stuff you trained for? Answer: Nothing.

What a f'ng pussy.

You mistake dick-waving for argumentation.

They're not the same, so put your tired dick back in your pants and write something sensible, non-accusatory, and worth bantering about with other maggots. Or fuck off. Either way is okay.

Seriously, this thread belongs somewhere else, tru.

I was fighting REAL fires while you were out running fake drills and safely not fighting anybody.
    You and Natty Dread should totally meet over a couple of wine coolers and exchange gnar firefighting stories.

Village Idiot Guest

Exclamation

and worth bantering about with other maggots. Or fuck off. Either way is okay.
    just for the record, with 34 posts, you're not a maggot, but a newbie JONG assbag.

As you were....

Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot
    just for the record, with 34 posts, you're not a maggot, but a newbie JONG assbag.

As you were....

Now THERE'S something I can agree with.

Finally we're getting somewhere...

Blurred has my vote for president.

Though bush does have other problems, I believe his main one is the way we are fighting this war. He is being too politically correct in his approach. Look at japan in WW2. Not that this is good in any way, but we hit them HARD (hiroshima and nagasaki) until they surrendered. Look at Japan now. I see the same thing in the Iraq war. These guys are fighting to the death. They will not surrender as Japan didn't and it took some force for us to get through to them. If we don't go all out on these people, we have no chance of winning. This is war, and casualties are a major effect for sure. Innocent people die. Thats life. War is a big investment, and we need a just cause to fight like this. I think that is the main issue, whether or not the cause is great enough. Whatever we can do to minimize collateral damage while still hitting the target is greatly important though.

I think national security is a just cause, but I dont think that Iraq/the middle east in general is a major threat to america... at least enough to wage war upon.
    Last edited by Catbert; 04-12-2006 at 04:13 PM.

REAL fires? OOohh, you mean, like that movie Firestorm? Dude, I'm glad you're putting your life on the line protecting our forests from those big ol scary bad fires!

Or maybe you mean like Backdraft? Man, then you're a TRUE hero. I bet you were motivated by your own good unselfish heart. Nothing to do with the "I wanna be a hero" complex.

ShawnB = self righteous JONG of the week

Quote Originally Posted by Catbert

. Look at japan in WW2. Not that this is good in any way, but we hit them HARD (hiroshima and nagasaki) until they surrendered. Look at Japan now. I see the same thing in the Iraq war. These guys are fighting to the death. They will not surrender as Japan didn't and it took some force for us to get through to them. If we don't go all out on these people, we have no chance of winning. This is war, and casualties are a major effect for sure. Innocent people die. Thats life. .
    Wow. Possibly the stupidest thing I have read in a long time. Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Green
    If you did, then

FUCK YOU
    I voted Republican The last 25 years (Every Fuckin time)

And

Hang Dirty You Sperm burpin bitch!!

To keep going on like this is fucking pathetic, you scank dip shit looser
    Get a life!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by nutcase
    You know how to read?

I've got an opinion on everything, and rarely am I afraid to share it. But after reading the last couple pages of this thread, I have no idea what the fuck this distance pissing contest is trying to settle?

Lets stick to the half truths and weakly worded viewpoints that are the backbone of all these pointless off topic political threads. Let me help.

I've never voted for a Bush, any of them. I'm still a strong believer that what this country needs is a strong third party that is secular, does not accept pac money, adopts many of the principles of the greens without their anti-growth/capitalism idealism (realistic enviromentalism). A party that is strongly scientific and skeptical of the idealogues that plague most noticeably the right but that are also entrenched in the left lurking in the shadows. A party that is fiscally conservative, meaning that they understand that the balance sheet must be balanced, taxes must be targeted, not eliminated. A party that believes in tort reform, but one that does not believe corporations are more important than a citizens right to live in a clean, safe, beautiful country.

That is all for now.

You know how to read?
    Just learned.

tell me why. I value your opinion.

I'll second that. Sounds like typical neo-con blather.

Though bush does have other problems, I believe his main one is the way we are fighting this war. He is being too politically correct in his approach. Look at japan in WW2. Not that this is good in any way, but we hit them HARD (hiroshima and nagasaki) until they surrendered. Look at Japan now. I see the same thing in the Iraq war. These guys are fighting to the death. They will not surrender as Japan didn't and it took some force for us to get through to them. If we don't go all out on these people, we have no chance of winning. This is war, and casualties are a major effect for sure. Innocent people die. Thats life. War is a big investment, and we need a just cause to fight like this. I think that is the main issue, whether or not the cause is great enough. Whatever we can do to minimize collateral damage while still hitting the target is greatly important though.

I think national security is a just cause.

Wow, you americans scare my pussy Canadian ass.
    First of all, to my understanding, the people fighting "for Iraq" are mostly not Iraqians at all. They are a mulitnational movement of terrorists fighting for a radical islamic way of life...something im sure (hope anyways) that most Iraqians are opposed too. Not to mention that they are fighting for control of a country seperated by many different groups that have hated eachother long before america got involved. This is all much different from Japan's situation (isolated, acting with Germany only so they could gain control of more S.E Asian resources). A nuke wont solve shit. Why am i even responding to you...rant i guess. Please dont spout such ignorant shit.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if we never had any wars, things would be like they are now, and we'd be enjoying our freedom.

Holy fuck a wild man! You are a fucking whack-job.

Hey, someone should go back and find all the threads where Blurred was badmouthing Bush for getting us into this war.

tell me why. I value your opinion.
    Not sure why you value my opinion - as sometimes I don't value my own. But while not specifically saying that we should just nuke Iraq you seem to be alluding to it. Like perhaps it would be better if we just drop a big one on them and then everything would be better. That maybe Bush is too PC in fighting this war because he should just go all out and kill thousands and thousands of civilians. Maybe I am reading your post wrong but that's the impression it gave to me.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnya
    Please dont spout such ignorant shit.
    Hey toolbox, wtf is an Iraqian?

Your opinion has been noted, Al Franken is proud.

Hillary will be the nail in the coffin for Dems if she makes it that far. What's the word on McCain? We could find some middle ground with that guy.
    McCain likes to keep the appearance of being a maverick, but he isn't all that he appears. Don't fall for it. He's already starting to pander to the religious right, including Pat Robertson, as he begins his bid for the nomination.

I'm hoping for Obama myself.

Great parody of a wack-job neo-con catbert. Bravo!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if we never had any wars, things would be like they are now, and we'd be enjoying our freedom.
    So you're saying that were in Iraq for our freedom? Just checkin..

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River
    McCain likes to keep the appearance of being a maverick, but he isn't all that he appears. Don't fall for it. He's already starting to pander to the religious right, including Pat Robertson, as he begins his bid for the nomination.

I'm hoping for Obama myself.
    McCain always gives me hope, and he is my favorite Republican. A good guy. Unfortunately, he does have this dialogue with the religious right. I've no idea why he would do that, unless he actually falls in line with the religious right, which seems unlikely based on his record.

Seems to me, that a man like McCain could run for president, tell the far right to kiss his white ass, and still win with all the independents and moderate democrats who would surely vote for him. Impossible for me to vote for anyone who panders to the likes of Robertson.

Sigh.