Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    I bet you don't even like cheese.
    Probably enjoys a nice steaming cup of man chowder though...

Quote Originally Posted by Jer
    I already vote mostly Republican. I'm not into moral degeneracy.
    Self-contradictory.
    [quote][//quote]

While I haven't read this whole thread (or even two pages of it), I thought I'd chime in anyway. I'm permanently moving out to SLC this October and I'm actually looking forward to Mormon Oppression. I don't drink alcohol, so that really doesn't factor into the equation. I already vote mostly Republican. I'm not into moral degeneracy. All the Mormons I've met have been really nice people actually. I guess I'd rather live next door to a family of Mormons than a bunch of loosers who keep me up all night partying and leave garbage all over my lawn. And it would be refreshing to live somewhere where getting wasted isn't a prerequisit of any recreational activity (like Wisconsin).
    I'm with you man. I would have a hard time with no pizza, no burgers, no board games , and no rollercoasters though. These are all things I'd rather not give up to be somewhere where drinking and moral degenerecy is less common.

I moved here from Nevada 8 years ago and got a pretty bad case of culture shock. Now, I can count my Utah born friends on one hand and the predominant culture doesn't bother me. Sure, Mormonism has a pretty twisted reality, but the outdoors kicks so much ass that I don't care anymore. I hope more people continue thinking people here suck so Wasangelos doen't get any worse.

Jer, you are going to fit right in.

and that is NOT a compliment.

I'm not into moral degeneracy.
    Good thing your sister doesn't feel the same way. Cuz I gave it to her in the poopenhausen. Three times.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo
    Tom Cruise is straight???? When did this happen?
    As straight as a nice piece of bacon after it starts to sizzle on a hot skillet.
    "Have fun, get a flyrod, and give the worm dunkers the finger when you start double hauling." ~Lumpy

he's greasy, limp and fatty?

I guess I'd rather live next door to a family of Mormons than a bunch of loosers who keep me up all night partying and leave garbage all over my lawn.

That's good.

Because those really are the ONLY two options for neighbors......ever. Either loud and messy.......or mormon.

Anywhere.

Be careful though. You might move next to a quiet, atheist family who are very cordial and might blow your mind with both their appreciation for fine wines and notable cleanliness.

And they might be black.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I was thinking the exact same mother-fucking thing.

Republicans aren't 'black and white' thinkers, OH NO!!!

This dude is revelaing himself to be quite the tool, really. Makes me mad.

well, at least the messy family will be 'loose'. I guess that means lil' sis and the milf put out, so that's a bonus!!!
    Last edited by rideit; 08-27-2006 at 11:33 PM.

I guess I'd rather live next door to a family of Mormons than a bunch of loosers who keep me up all night partying and leave garbage all over my lawn. .
    Do you often live next door to losers? Maybe you are a loser too?

Burninating.
    This touchy-feely Kumbaya shit has got to go.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    Holy shit, a 34-page shitshow I didn't even see before because I was out of the country, I found it searching for something else. This is like christmas for this stoned bored old guy right here.

Thanks, Moroni!
    Fucking Papist. Mohammad hates you.

You know what really sucks? Moroni is pronounced Moro-nye, not Moro-knee. I guess I should have realized that Mormons didn't migrate from Italy.

Many years ago during a BYU-San Diego St. football game (anyone remember that 51-51 tie?), I shouted "Holy Moroni" whenever the Cougars made a good play, only to find out years later that I was mis-pronouncing Moroni.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

"Do Mormons really affect you?"

No. Not really.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

While I haven't read this whole thread (or even two pages of it), I thought I'd chime in anyway. I'm permanently moving out to SLC this October and I'm actually looking forward to Mormon Oppression. I don't drink alcohol, so that really doesn't factor into the equation. I already vote mostly Republican. I'm not into moral degeneracy. All the Mormons I've met have been really nice people actually. I guess I'd rather live next door to a family of Mormons than a bunch of loosers who keep me up all night partying and leave garbage all over my lawn. And it would be refreshing to live somewhere where getting wasted isn't a prerequisit of any recreational activity (like Wisconsin).
    Thank God, my neighbor is finally moving.

Do you have kids? The Mormons that don't allow their kids to play with non-Mormon kids are great...ignorant fuckers
    oh so i guess i'm the asshole!

Necro Bump cuz

I was in Alta this past Monday with my cousin and this one guy gets on the lift with us and asks "are you from around here?"
    We say no, we're Canadian to which he replies "I'm Mormon, ask me anything and btw I only have one wife"
    Caught off guard I said "no" but in retrospect I did want to ask what he thought about the play, The Book of Mormon.
    However I did say I don't care what you believe in as long as you it teaches you you respect others and that Buddhism made me a better Christian.
    He seemed to like what I said and at that point it was time to say "have nice day"
    My cousin and I talked about it as it took us almost 3 hours to get back to West Jordan after an epic day. (What a free for all it was getting out of the parking lot...the price of powder..lol)
    I guess what he did had an effect as my cousin that knew absolutely nothing about their faith asked if I knew anything and I told him what I knew is from a South Park episode and a YouTube video. I also told him I'm not sure if it's all true because I don't know any Mormons. I missed an opportunity to ask that guy some hard questions.....I wish I had.
    Has anyone experienced anything like this?
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Nah, but I do have some friends living out near Provo who decided it's time to GTFO after 8 months. They just got out of college and their work is dominated by Mormons and they realized you just can't have a social life there without a family. Literally anyone over the age of 21 is likely to be married and have kids. Not to mention that the Mormons have vices of their own...

The problem with Mormons is they are just weird AF. Like how can you not drink coffee, but Redbull is ok? Mormons who grow up in Utah, go to school in Utah, work in Utah live in this bubble where they are so unaware of anything that goes on outside of their culture. They are not really taught to tolerate/not-tolerate others because they honestly haven't really experienced it. In a sense it's like being from North Korea, though certainly not nearly as extreme.

Of course there are Mormons who have left Utah and most of them seem to come back a lot more normal (even though they might still be Mormon in their book). They curse, maybe drink, etc. I think the biggest problem with UT is that these Mormons live in a bubble where their thoughts and beliefs are ground truth and nothing else is really acceptable (e.g. see beginning of thread about separation of church/state). They're typically not confrontational about stuff, but the passive aggressiveness really starts to comes out.

I think you probably met a Mormon who's seen the light (no pun intended). He's probably just Mormon in the sense that a lot of people say they are Christian. Still something's gotta be whacked up in your mind to still hang around that crowd...

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Flying out to SLC a few years back and there is a woman sitting next to me who was a Mormon that lived in Pittsburgh.. She said she grew up in UT and moved to Pittsburgh and there is a large Mormon base there for some reason.

Me and another woman in the row were asking her questions because she seemed really cool about it. She sais she knew some of the stuff they did was off the hook, but believed in the overall message. I got the impression that she was more "aware" because she had been to other places and was "tainted" by what she sees everyday.

She said the guys are required to go on a mission for a couple of years when they reach a certain age and spread the word, two guys together and they cannot be apart. They are not allowed to watch TV or use the internet and could only call home on Mothers Day and another Holiday.

I had just seen The Book of Mormons and asked her about that. She said the Mormons did not like it and no Mormon would see that, not surprising.

I forget some of the other things she said, but I did ask her what happened when a kid was a rebel. No matter what they teach from a young age, there has to be a kid now and then that goes nuts and parties and chases girls etc. She seemed to think that just didn't happen or they wouldn't be part of the church.

I f'd up my knee another time out there and was at the waiting/emergency room at the University Hospital the next day. There was a kid who had gotten some crazy sickness when he was out on his mission and he had come back home and he and his parents were in the waiting room with me. They seemed really friendly and nice and we were chatting a bit and then the parents told him to tell me about how he spreads the word on his mission. I listened to what he said for a while and then just politely said I'm a practicing Catholic (not really) and they didn't push anything. That was my first exposure to Mormons after going to SLC 3 times before.

A a non Mormon living in Zion for 63 years the skiing, rivers,and the desert kept me there. The biggest problem now with the LDS is they want to steal the Federal lands. Can you see Alta, Solitude and the rest of the ski areas in the National Forest being turned over to the cronies? That being said, we moved to the Driggs area last year, lots of LDS up here, but they don't have their boot on your neck.

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    A a non Mormon living in Zion for 63 years the skiing, rivers,and the desert kept me there. The biggest problem now with the LDS is they want to steal the Federal lands. Can you see Alta, Solitude and the rest of the ski areas in the National Forest being turned over to the cronies? That being said, we moved to the Driggs area last year, lots of LDS up here, but they don't have their boot on your neck.
    If you'd been here prior to 2008, you'd reappraise your evaluation of the local Momos. They don't have their boot on your neck quite so much because they've had their numbers diluted by a few thousand Jackson workers (and enlightened retirees, such as yourself) buying homes here over the last two decades. They did not relinquish their political monopoly quietly. You missed our nasty little culture war. The Momos turned a very corrupt and incompetent police force loose on the rest of us. They were determined to put a sub-division on every piece of farmland that they could and to hell with planning, regulations, infrastructure, economic common sense, etc; they played a very large role in turning the Teton Valley into the foreclosure capital of the Rockies. Politics was very, very nasty. It was clear to everybody else that the real estate disaster was on our doorstep. When they lost power and a development moratorium was issued, a few hundred enraged Momos formed a mob and rushed the offices of the county commissioners, screaming "don't bar the door on our prosperity." The subsequent, near total collapse of the building economy really knocked the wind out of their sails. But, if you have kids in the public school here, you'll see they still have their boot on the neck of the local kids.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 03-05-2017 at 09:18 AM.

Just remember that if you go fishing with mormons go with a group. If you go with one, he will drink all your beer
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    bier????
    gave that shit up for lent and never restarted

friends makin the rum good stuffs
    ya know the tards were the 36th and deciding state to ratify the amendment
    thank em for not bein dry
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno