Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by satori View Post
    I gotta say the Japanese make very average beer comparatively, but F'me do they know how to make some good single malt. Yamazaki 18 is the best bottle in the world. It's younger brother, Yamazaki 12, is not half the man, but albeit a good bottle in its own right. Hibiki 21 and 17 are also phenomenal bottles. I highly recommend getting your hands on them if you can. Especially that Yamazaki 18. Worldwide it's sold out, so if you see it, grab it. Those are my favorite bottles here.

Another bottle that I have loved is Ardbeg's Supernova. Liquidfuckinggold that bottle is. If you can find it, get it. Best bottle of Ardbeg. Ever.
    I'm not much of a scotch drinker...more of a bourbon guy. The local whiskey bar had Yamazaki 18 so I tried it. Fricken' delicious for scotch. Not a cheap drink but also not anywhere the high end at the bar I was at.

Found this for $40 for a gift for a friend who gave us a weekend at their vacation cabin. I don’t know much about Scotch but it seemed like a good deal.

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

“There is no bad whiskey. There are only some whiskeys that aren't as good as others.”
    Raymond Chandler
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Found this for $40 for a gift for a friend who gave us a weekend at their vacation cabin. I don’t know much about Scotch but it seemed like a good deal.

Word is that is for the Japanese market (I think?). It's a very sharp, biting and harsh taste. Good, if that's your thing. Very different than the 12 year single malts posted here, which are much smoother in comparison.

In related news, I'm very much enjoying my bottles of the Balvenie and Macallan 12 years.

Well shit...
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Mikey, I wouldn’t worry about- everybody has a different palate! Most dentists like their whiskey to emote a note of “wet band aid”
    Review: Macallan 10
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

I think it's discontinued, but I bought a friend a bottle of Glenlivet Nadura 16 for Christmas last year and it was incredible. 114 proof and so smooth. Well worth the $80.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Word is that is for the Japanese market (I think?). It's a very sharp, biting and harsh taste. Good, if that's your thing. Very different than the 12 year single malts posted here, which are much smoother in comparison.

In related news, I'm very much enjoying my bottles of the Balvenie and Macallan 12 years.
    I haven't tried that 10 but I tried some of this the other day.

It wasn't like a typical Macallan, which is smooth from front to back with a nice flourish of a finish. This one was definitely much more lively on the front of the palate with a nice kicker in the finish. It took me by surprise. If you see it, it's worth a try.

Had a nice taste of this on Sunday. Smooth as a dolphin's ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying some Bruichladdich Bere Barley 2008. Its an Islay but not peated almost at all. Very smooth, floral flavors and nose. Touch of caramel or honey flavor. Almost sweet but not sweet, just mellow.

I recently got a liter bottle of Aberfeldy 12 year single malt from my parents as a thank you gift for watching their dogs while they were on TV. It is pretty good.

Any recommendations for stuff that is only available in the UK? I'm not in Scotland, but I've found quite a few in London that they don't import to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Any recommendations for stuff that is only available in the UK? I'm not in Scotland, but I've found quite a few in London that they don't import to the US.
    Score me a bottle of the 18 year old Caol Ila. Thanks mang

Single Malt Scotch.

Since we’re in the 12th inning, the Highland Park 12 is in the glass

Ahem, 11th inning but who’s counting?

Aand now the 12th

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Score me a bottle of the 18 year old Caol Ila. Thanks mang
    Picked up an 18 of Ancoc. We’ll see how it is.

I've been craving the taste of the sea (brine) and peat lately so last week I picked up one of my favorites, Talisker Storm to cover the briny sea flavor I wanted and today I picked up Ardbeg 10 for the peat. I haven't had Ardbeg before, but I love Lagavulin 16 and enjoy Laphraoig 10 so thought I'd give it a try.

Never ever a scotch guy. Tonight after while looking for a bottle a bourbon i must of forgot I drank an find this the balvenie lurking in my booze that people bring to my parties and leave that I dont normally drink stash. This shit is good! I must be getting old t like scotch Ive had a btween a couple an 20 sipped shtglasses. Goes well with tyin flies

Dn give me shit on the glassware my good staff is in the dshwarsheer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181130_182226.jpeg 
Views:	60 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	258022
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Single Malt Scotch.

I may have posted this before but I was in for a burger and a beer the other day:

Name:	56512436781__C3FBAFE5-84BD-4710-94B4-8732659FD0AC.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	258024

Pints Pub, Denver. Pretty much all single malts.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

That Balvenie 15 in sherry cask is a special brew!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    That Balvenie 15 in sherry cask is a special brew!
    Oh holy fuck I was drunk last night and was a junkshow at the hill today.

You say its good ehhh? I got it and a bottle of johnny walker platinum for my birthday a while back along with a bunch of other booze. The other booze is long gone the scotch remains. Not a fan of JW and the peatiness of it and lumped all scotch into that bucket. But this Balvenie is quite alright and not at all charcoallyy, at least that I remember lol

Any other scotches i should try that arent like sipping activated charcoal?
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Edradour 10 yr old is one of my favorite scotches (that I can afford) without the smoke. It too is aged in sherry casks and tastes as such. Give it a try if you see it. I'm probably going to pick up a bottle of it after work today, as well as a bottle of red breast 12 Irish Whiskey.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Any other scotches i should try that arent like sipping activated charcoal?
    Any of The Dalmore.

The Macallan Edition No. 3 is awesome. I'm a big fan. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180915_213721842.jpeg 
Views:	53 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	258101

Name:	lgvob.16yo.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	259.8 KB 
ID:	258120

I picked up a bottle of Lagavulin 16, which is one of my favorite Islay scotches. It was on sale for $69.99, which, around here at least, is a hell of a sale. Between Ardbeg 10, Talisker Storm, and now Lagavulin 16 I think my peat cravings covered.

On another note I have a family member working on the east coast right now and she found Blanton's bourbon on for $53. That is a a lot cheaper than it was around here when It was to be found.

I second Lagavulin 16 as well. The least harsh of all the single malt scotch wiskeys out there. It's also Ron Swanson approved.