Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Need something like this to go into a cask (from north of the wall) - an ex-bourbon cask with some light charring done to the inside. Or an ex-sherry cask if you could ever find one.

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stor...0#.X7ipoBZfOEc

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Need something like this to go into a cask (from north of the wall) - an ex-bourbon cask with some light charring done to the inside. Or an ex-sherry cask if you could ever find one.

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stor...0#.X7ipoBZfOEc
    Many o high school parties drinking “punch” made from Alcool!

okay I've been sipping on this Kilchoman for two nights now and I gotta say, I really, really like it. I've got a soft spot for relatively inexpensive NAS Islay's, and this is a fine contribution to the genre. here's my tgr-exclusive review:

color: pale af. honey?
    nose: lemon, pepper, sweet
    taste: really reminiscent of talisker. brine, light smoke, phenol, lots of caramel, light fruit maybe peaches? more of that same pepper, but it is pleasant and balanced
    finish: surprisingly long, peppery

rating: fkna!
    conclusion: def buy if you like islays. reminds me a lot of talisker, more phenol, maybe a little less sweet.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

That's an insane price for lava. Here's ours:
    https://www.liquorandwineoutlets.com...-Scotch-Whisky
    Ardbeg - I find the corryvreckan to significantly outshine the 10. Too many rough edges on the 10 IMO.
    We've been really enjoying Balvenie Caribbean cask (rum) and glenmorangie quinta ruban (port). Quinta I'd a great poor man's Portwood (Balvenie 21 port casked) if you don't want to spend 200+ a bottle.
    Will likely pick up some laga and maybe glendronach this week.

Hoping to get to the nearby bigger town and shop their selection. I have Springbank on my find.

Sprigbank always a winner.
    Thanks to constantly pimping it here and the line at liquor store going into scotch aisle I now have a Highland Park 12

Searching the state inventory, there is only one bottle of Springbank 10 in the state and it’s three hours from me. Springbank 18 is at 5 shops with a total
    of 17 bottles in the whole state, but that’s out of my price range. Anything similar to Springbank 10 that ya’ll could recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Hood View Post
    Searching the state inventory, there is only one bottle of Springbank 10 in the state and it’s three hours from me. Springbank 18 is at 5 shops with a total
    of 17 bottles in the whole state, but that’s out of my price range. Anything similar to Springbank 10 that ya’ll could recommend?
    Long answer, https://blog.distiller.com/campbeltown-whisky/

Short answer, unless you can find Glen Scotia, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Long answer, https://blog.distiller.com/campbeltown-whisky/

Short answer, unless you can find Glen Scotia, no.
    Thanks for posting. Interesting that Springbank does all its own malting - that’s legit.

I understand the Cambletown’s to be all quite different from one another, but I definitely need to try them all.

I found a bottle of Glen Scotia 15 in the neighboring town for $70

I think I better go get it.

I worked my way through all of list 5 to check prices, availability, and cross referrence with my preferred review website of Malt Madness, and I didn’t find anything too enticing at a price I could afford. I did find that the two Bend liquor stores is well appointed; one more reason I should have moved to Bend 20 years ago.

My grandfather was born in Campbeltown, so I've always had a soft spot for Springbank, but I can really only justify the 10 year or 12.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1607397351.847547.jpg 
Views:	1593 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	351754 Bought this cheaper speyside blend. I think it $32. Not a bad week night Scotch. Not very deep or complex...but is palatable and reminds me of scotch.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

I bought my first Abelour in a long time. I’m not usually much for Speysides, but the oily mouthfeel is really luxurious. The 12 year is on sale here for $53 and that seems like a solid price.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    I bought my first Abelour in a long time. I’m not usually much for Speysides, but the oily mouthfeel is really luxurious. The 12 year is on sale here for $53 and that seems like a solid price.
    Nice man! I like Aberlour a ton. Depending on the release, the Aberlour A'bunadh is my favorite speyside of all time (admittedly not saying much, since I'm not a speyside drinker)

Did you get the chill filtered or the non chill filtered 12?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tgapp; 12-07-2020 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Nice man! I like Aberlour a tob. Depending on the release, the Aberlour A'bunadh is my favorite speyside of all time (admittedly not saying much, since I'm not a speyside drinker)

Did you get the chill filtered or the non chill filtered 12?

I assume it’s chill filtered. Honestly I didn’t look at the label that closely because I didn’t know they had a nonfiltered expression. I’ll watch for the A’bundah but I don’t think I’ll see it at my local. I have to go crosstown or out of town for most interesting Scotch (which reinforces my first assumption about the chill filtering).

I assume it’s chill filtered. Honestly I didn’t look at the label that closely because I didn’t know they had a nonfiltered expression. I’ll watch for the A’bundah but I don’t think I’ll see it at my local. I have to go crosstown or out of town for most interesting Scotch (which reinforces my first assumption about the chill filtering).
    Yeah I've only had the chill filtered and I really like it (especially for the price) but the whisky elite seem to think that the non chill filtered is superior.

I'm working on my bottle of Kilchoman tonight, and I couldn't be more pleased with it. Simple and well executed.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post

Name:	Image1607397351.847547.jpg 
Views:	1593 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	351754 Bought this cheaper speyside blend. I think it $32. Not a bad week night Scotch. Not very deep or complex...but is palatable and reminds me of scotch.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Looks interesting. For $32 you can’t go wrong. Check out the pics of the bar at the craigellachie hotel via Google. If you find yourself in Scotland that little village should be on your list of places to visit.

Latest bottle purchase is Talisker Storm. I really like it.

Name:	dlmob.15yo.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	354.2 KB 
ID:	357534

I picked up The Dalmore 15 for a great price ($35 lower than normal) this past weekend. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I recently finished a bottle of The Dalmore 12 year and that was a great whisky. For only 40% abv it has plenty of character and taste. I'm hoping the different sherry casks used in the aging will provide an additional complexity over the 12 year.. I'm hoping to visit my folks this weekend to help them hang doors in their home and I'll share this with my father, who is a scotch fan.

Cleaning out the liquor cabinet, I found an unopened bottle of Highland Park 18 in the back. Needless to say, I was one happy guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I've wanted to try that whisky for a while, but haven't seen it around here. I've got two bottle of the 12 year and gave my father one of them over Christmas.

This is pretty good and surprisingly smoky. I wonder what scotch they use in the blend.

It’s been sitting in the back of my cabinet for a while but I decided I don’t have enough room to hold onto curiosities or conversation pieces. I’m thinning the herd to make room for things I really like. Not that I dislike this, but I just poured this into my decanter so I’ll work through it.

I love this bottle. What a classic.

This is pretty good and surprisingly smoky. I wonder what scotch they use in the blend.

It’s been sitting in the back of my cabinet for a while but I decided I don’t have enough room to hold onto curiosities or conversation pieces. I’m thinning the herd to make room for things I really like. Not that I dislike this, but I just poured this into my decanter so I’ll work through it.
    The color of that in the glass is enticing!

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    I love this bottle. What a classic.

Indeed the bottle and the scotch inside are both total classics.