28 inches in 2 days!!!

first dump of the season finally going to check out this little "resort" today. saw pics on news from there yesterday and it was empty. should be able to climb some of the chutes they blasted yesterday and get some steep trees.
    will have pics later today
    Last edited by cdlv; 03-22-2006 at 07:57 AM.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    I haven't skied there yet. It is on my to do list though. I have heard the that the top has some steep stuff, let us know if it is true and be careful. I think that there may be some maggots working there.

Heh... They have a run called Bimbo.

After last year's tragedy, I was wondering if the area would open for business again. Here's a link: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...egas+Snowboard

well. i was pleasently surprised witht he local vegas ski resort, maybe it was getting 12 inches of untracked all day that made it nice

the basic area is small, but they opened the back country access up and i hiked a couple hundred feet up to get some sweet untracked steep trees.

by afternoon everything was getting heavy and i had done 4 traverses up to get some untracked, one where i had to break the path.

if this area got two more lifts to take people to the top of mt charelston it would be tons better.

pics from today, none of me skiing as i was solo, just terrain shots

my fave pic of the day is this one:

i had a 20 inch pow day up there a few years ago. the backcountry definitely kicks ass. aside from not getting snow in some seasons, it is major league worthy.
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel