Page 54 of 85 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2111
    Damn, I'm sorry for your loss Ice.
    RIP Hook.

Sorry. May you have no news for this thread for awhile.

RIP Hook.

Sorry to hear that man, I can tell from the pic he was a real 15/10 dog. Vibes.

Sadness on the left coast...RIP Hook
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Vibes to you and the fam Ice.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Hook died last night. That was a good dog. RIP big boy.
    Good dog

Sorry to hear that ice.

RIP Hook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Thanks everybody. Even yesterday I thought he might rally. He was in rough shape but he was a tough guy, and he'd gone through a couple of other bad spells in this process. Last night when I went to to bed I warned him he better be alive this morning or...something. And then this morning I woke up to my wife bawling. And that was that. I appreciate all the vibes and thoughts

Sorry to hear, ice.

Sorry man. Never an easy thing to go through. I hope that the next time I have to deal with it, mine does it like Hook did.

Good dogs will be waiting...
    Gravity. It's the law.

Condolences Iceman and HTFB. Giving heart is the hardest thing and the best thing. Props to you.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

It's just a dog.

RIP Hook, sorry ice. Looks like such a good pup. Take care of yourself and yours in this time. Sorry for your loss.

I also extend late condolences for all (and apologies for timeliness) those friends lost here.

I still ball my eyes out pretty much any time when I get an email from this thread, so I kinda avoid. Fucking sucks. Sorry I Fell short o offering the same support I got. Maybe cuz it still hurts. They loved us so much. Sorry.

Lost my dude on 7/29/19 as said then, upthread, and wow it’s hard still. I hear it gets better, hope that time comes sooner for you than me cuz it ain’t here yet for me. It will.

People do not deserve a heaven but dogggs sure do!

I caught this [crappy cell] pic when my buddy O.D. was camping with me on what I did not know would be our last camping trip together.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2029.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	634.4 KB 
ID:	326996

A triple.

I lean towards science but can’t help but think that there was one rainbow for him, one for those already there and one for those who will come. I think they’ll all get along splendidly!

SFB, I think, said it earlier: live like the person your dog already believes that you are.

I know I said this but don’t be me, instead, take care of yourselves physically and mentally.

Much love all.

Gods.
    Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 04-30-2020 at 11:17 PM.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

sorry mang

I've been dreading this post

My buddy Chevy came to the end of the trail yesterday. We caught him at the inflection point where his general aging-related decline was just starting to accelerate and blow some seams. His eyelids started to sag in the last week and he had old eyes, not the bright, alert eyes of just a month ago. Working from home during the pandemic gave me the unexpected gift of a lot of hours with him in his last months. I’ve been spending mornings with him on the grass in the sun while drinking coffee and working through my morning correspondence. We spent the last week spoiling and celebrating him. We took him to wander and sniff around the trailhead we used daily, and had lots of well-wishers drop by over the days for a last visit in the back yard. Yesterday we spent hours in the back yard. He had a big beef bone, a bunch of treats, and we brought out all his old toys. He fussed at them and fleabit a few of them. For his last meal I gave him a chicken green enchilada (his absolute favorite kitchen scraps, but a no-go in recent years as his digestion got less tolerant) with some bacon and steak for good measure. We scheduled an in-home vet visit, so they came to us about 6:00 on the blanket in the back yard. He crossed the rainbow bridge with me and my girlfriend holding him. It was the right decision and the right time, but I’m absolutely gutted.

He's been my buddy for just under 15 years. In that time I got divorced, engaged, and my fiancé passed away tragically. He’s been with me through a lot of transitions. After my divorce, I made a deliberate change to regain the active outdoor lifestyle I’d let slip away. As I got back to mountain biking, XC skiing, hiking, backpacking, etc. he was my constant companion. He was running behind me full-speed until 2015, and still going on rides and ski tours until 2018.

He was brought into the humane society as a stray after he was hit by a car (a Chevy). The bones in his hind left foot were severed and shattered, but a couple local vets thought they could reconstruct the foot. The local paper ran an article about him, and a bunch of kids did a change drive to raise money for the surgery. They re-arranged some bones and added some steel, and he came home to us in a cast and a cone. He was my best bud every since.

https://helenair.com/lifestyles/heal...d6d48a789.html

Name:	IMG_7256.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	932.3 KB 
ID:	330064

Name:	IMG_9538.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	330065

Name:	IMG_0561.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	330066

Damn. I got something in my eye.

Godspeed to a better place Chevy.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Chevy looks like he was a good boy.

Sorry for your loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

So sorry. He looks like a good pup
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Damn. I got something in my eye.
    Yup that made me cry. My Gunther got hit by a car and broke his pelvis as a pup. Thank God for the rescue that saved him and fixed him up. When he leaves us I too will be gutted. I am so sorry for your loss
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Nice life you and Chevy put together. No matter how much it hurts it’s still a good deal for all.

Fuck why do I read this thread.

Vibes to all.

Going to go givery my guy some scratches

Thanks, all. He was my first dog. I’ve lost cats that I loved, but this is an order of magnitude worse. Dogs just share your life so much more.

We have one more dog, Bode, who was my GF’s father’s. He came to live with us a couple years ago when her father died of a heart attack. He’s been moping and looking for Chevy, and lying in the corner of the yard where he passed. He didn’t seem to have a hard time with the transition when he came to live with us, but I think that’s because he was there when her dad died, and spent several hours with him before I found them. I think he understood that his master had died. I wish we’d thought to let him into the yard to say goodbye to Chevy and understand where he went. Bode’s concern is just that much more heartbreaking.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I read this thread cause I care and a few tears aint a bad thing
    chevys gonna have plenty of friends, bright eyes, and a longing to reunited with his clan
    over that tough to travel bridge of colors
    give bode a hug from our pack
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Poor Bode. We always have the entire pack together when one of us leaves. Then they know what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.