Page 44 of 85 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2111
    We already have another, a 5 month old goldendoodle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Norm and Opal 2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	276004

Name:	Norm and Opal 3.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	276005
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Rip Norman and vibes Danno. What an awesome dog. I too rarely come in here as it’s depressing esp since Gizmo is 15yo.

Sorry Danno.

Norm looks like he enjoyed being a big brother.

It was so much easier when we lost our previous Golden and we had Gus as a 5 month old.

I'm still not quite ready to let another dog into my heart or Gus's home yet though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Norman looked like a peach.

My eyes water knowing it won't be long in this life for my Marley dawg.

Goddamnit dogs aren't with us nearly long enough.

I got such a bad scare today, my 8 year old American Alsatian Gunther could not get to his feet this morning. Once I helped him up, his back was really arched and he could barely walk. I took him outside and 10 steps later he looked fine. WTF happened? Took him and Maya down by the 203 / 395 junction this afternoon to try and fine a spot with very little snow and they were running around like puppies, just having a blast. Now they are sleeping. God I am going to be wrecked when something bad happens to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Vibes Danno. I had a golden named Norman.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Beautiful dog Danno, RIP Norman.

Holy shit Danno, I just realized that I've been through 2 dog life cycles with you as my friend. They were both awesome, so there is at least a bit of positivity. Rip normey.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Checking in... +++VIBES+++ to all who have lost their best pals. We recently brought a new rescue into our life here...and while the guilt of feeling like I betrayed my old buddy Salomon was tough, I'm so happy to have four paws on the floor again... Thanks for posting up, guys.
    Gravity. It's the law.

I'd lost track of this thread, in part because it makes me tear up every time I read it.
    A little over a month ago, Philpug and I had to let Ziggy go.
    We were in the middle of trade show in Denver and had to rush back to Edwards where a friend was watching him. He'd been diagnosed with diabetes and pancreatitis over 18 months ago, was doing okay but we were noticing a slow decline.
    He suffered a sever seizure of some kind that took its toll and he let me know he was ready and it broke my heart. I think it would have broken my heart more to see him go through more seizures.
    We posted a thread on our site with lots of pictures and stories
    Here are a few. (I still tear up when I think about it)
    One playing with his bff Higgins

Name:	IMG_1307.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	276252
    Sometimes you have to let your bad self ski...

Sorry Snow. Always tough stuff.

I went back and read my posts on Molly yesterday and cried for 15 minutes, even with two new pups in the house.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Rest in peace Norman. You were the perfect dog to the very end.

Attachment 275936

Attachment 275937

Attachment 275938

Attachment 275939

" ... the perfect dog to the very end."

sometimes the best tribute is simple.

awesome, Danno (!) Thank you... (tj)

If I am top of the page, I like to refresh this essay once in a while
    ( I Like it as much as anything I have ever read... ) :

Thank you, BSS...

Quote Originally Posted by BLOODSWEATSTEEL View Post
    From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog," or "That's a lot of money for just a dog."

They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog." Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog."

Many hours have passed when my only company was "just a dog", but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog", then you will probably understand phases like "just a friend", "just a sunrise", or "just a promise".

"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. "Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.

Because of "just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day. I hope that someday they can understand >that it's not "just a dog" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man."

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog," just smile, because they "just don't understand."
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

^ our girl, without fail, if you stare at her for a few seconds, smile, eye contact, she comes over and flops her big ole head on whatever part of you she can. Wag her tail.
    "Can't you see..."

It's just a dog.

RIP Carly. A good friend.

Name:	IMG_1106.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	521.0 KB 
ID:	282713

Looking for squirrels. Buon viaggio mi fratello
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Condolences Irul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Sorry for your loss Irul. RIP Carly.

Sucks Irul sorry to hear.

So sorry Irul. Tough stuff.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Vibes man. Take care of yourself.

I can't find my friend. I was cleaning piss and bile, and he went out the back door. He could not go 30 yards, in the last 3 days . He did not sit up at the Bank, yesterday, but we got 2 swims in. I had to get the house ready for the dirt merchant open house. 4:30 A.M. Off to work. Looked a couple of times this morning to no avail. Had to deal with the soon to be EX, to pick up the kids. I just looked for a hour. The Aristocrats.

Oh man. He's not far. Sorry brother. Hope I'm wrong.

Vibes all
    watch out for snakes

Sasha was the baddest-ass dog ever. I wrote about her on here a number of times. But she suffered terribly from arthritis in her later days and her range of where she'd go got smaller and smaller. One day I looked out the window at the other end of the house from where she usually hung out, and there she was walking around in a little meadow we have out there with tall grass and wildflowers and whatnot. Mow it once a year, it's nice.

I went out and called her in and she came after a bit.

Next day she went out there, laid down, and died. By herself.

I wish she would've let me be with her, but she was tough her whole life and never a burden and she picked her way out.