Page 63 of 85 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2111
    This thread always breaks my heart every time I see it bumped. I don't click it very often out of dread for the day that finally came the week, when we had to say goodbye to Mack. He had a heart condition since birth that had recently gotten worse. The new treatment was going well until he ruptured a ligament in his front leg. There wasn't much to be done about the leg, and he already had a time limit on his heart, so it was time to let him go instead of make him live on in misery. It was so heartbreaking to watch him try to be his loving self in spite of his broken body. He was the most loyal, loving, goofy, and gentle dog I have ever known. I miss him so much.

RIP Mack

Ah fuck, that story hits close to home. Mack is playing with Shadow & Kava now. He is healthy, happy and whole. He is waiting for you. Fuck, now I am crying. It has been awhile but for Mack I need to say this...

Name:  Screenshot 2021-06-17 145520.png
Views: 420
Size:  659.2 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Fuck. So sorry Zartagen for your loss. Mack looks like a great companion.

And liv2ski, thanks for sharing that poem. Someone must be cutting onions in here.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

RIP Mack.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Oh man, I'm so sorry for all you guys, I know how hard this is.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Sorry for your loss Z, Mack was lucky to have you.

Looks like Mack had some good adventures. RIP.

I have a soft spot for GSD's, that was my first dog while still in college. RIP Mack. Beautiful boy.

While he's not my dog, I feel like he may as well be, or at least a brother to ours.

Momo the Border Collie is going to take his last road trip tomorrow.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRWaY6Bl..._web_copy_link

You may recognize Momo from all his books where his human, photographer Andrew Knapp, has traveled the world with Momo taking wonderful pictures of him hiding in amazing places. When our son was born he was given his first book, Find Momo, and our son, and the rest of us have followed along with Momo's life ever since, on line and in print, enjoying it with our own Border Collie.

Over the past year it has been hard, but very informative to watch Momo's health decline as I know we will eventually be dealing with that with our own 15 year old boy. The guidance and help Andrew has given Momo and showcased on his IG feed has been wonderful. I'd by lying if the post above didn't make it hard to hold back tears thinking of our own sweet boy.

Godspeed Momo, thanks for sharing your life and your adventures with us, even if only virtually, we feel like we've been there the whole time.

I still call it The Jake.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8935.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	381574
    Installed a ramp for our scottie who just turned 12, which is apparently ancient for scotties.

Depressing AF to think it might only see use for a year or so.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Milo the toy poodle says hi. He turned 12 on Tuesday.

Name:	IMG_20210804_200911666_HDR.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	381577

It's going to be a bad day at casa del riser3 when he decides to cross that rainbow bridge.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Losing a best friend is never a good day. I dread it happening again in a few years.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

It's just a dog.

Name:	IMG_9062.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	286.9 KB 
ID:	381663
    So we went in for our annual check-up/shots on Monday. Liver enzymes are whacked out, so ultrasound this morning.

No bueno. Tumors in liver and adrenal gland. 6k surgery for liver, if the adrenal tumor doesn’t rule that possibility out. Vet says 6 months to a year if we don’t do anything, and if it were his dog, he wouldn’t.

I’m trying to convince my wife (+self) this isn’t as bad as him just having up and died on us, and that he’s the same dog he was a week ago, so let’s not waste a second we have with him on premature mourning. That didn’t gain much traction.

More than stubborn, scotties are stoic, so if they let you know they’re uncomfortable, it’s really bad. That’s the piece which will be most difficult.

Picture was taken this morning. Duff is not going to tolerate any premature mourning.

Hi Milo!

Last edited by bendtheski; 08-06-2021 at 03:55 PM.

I'm really sorry to hear about your Scottie. We had similar hard choices to make with our pooch - a stoic gentleman like yours - among the hardest things I've ever had to do. I'm happy for you that you have some more time to spend with him, I know you'll make it great.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear about your Scottie. We had similar hard choices to make with our pooch - a stoic gentleman like yours - among the hardest things I've ever had to do. I'm happy for you that you have some more time to spend with him, I know you'll make it great.
    That’s the plan. Wifey just got him a sweet pooch backpack to make it easier to carry him when he tuckers out. He’s just over 20 lbs, so shouldn’t be too bad. Carrying him by hand, even a block or two kind of sucks, although it’s one of the few things he’s incredibly patient about. The prince is going to love being carried on daddy’s shoulders with a view!

I bought a used wagon to walk Kava in at the end. He loved being pulled around and greeted by people (I gave them cookies to give to him). Sadly he went down hill in about 3 weeks, but at least I got to spoil him to the very end. Enjoy every day you have with your Scottie. They may leave our side, but they never leave out hearts. Who the fuck is cutting onions.

It's just a dog.

Yeah, shit got in my eyes a couple of times today. Wife was a mess of course. I’ll keep my eye out for a wagon.

I put some bar-mat down for traction. We’re calling his shaved patches white-walls.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR ForumsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1628294002.738205.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	172.4 KB 
ID:	381671

What a fckn great start. This brings tears. Bump for the first post 15yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOODSWEATSTEEL View Post
    From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog," or "That's a lot of money for just a dog."

They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog." Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog."

Many hours have passed when my only company was "just a dog", but I did not once feel slighted.

Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.

If you, too, think it's "just a dog", then you will probably understand phases like "just a friend", "just a sunrise", or "just a promise".

"Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. "Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person.

Because of "just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.

"Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day. I hope that someday they can understand >that it's not "just a dog" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man."

So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog," just smile, because they "just don't understand."

That OP never fails to make me tear up, cuz it is so true.

Name:	IMG_9133.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	250.6 KB 
ID:	383639
    We took our drinking buddies to Guanella Pass Brewery Sunday. About 1.5 mi round trip, and only had to carry our boy a block or so.

We saw the vet again Tuesday. He started Duff on blood pressure meds, believing the adrenal tumor is elevating it. His bp was better and he put on a couple of pounds. His energy and coordination are about the same, not great.

Vet was pretty grim. He said Duff might coast for a while at his current state, but could decline sharply anytime.

We’re going to keep making beer runs for as long as he wants to. Just noticed I caught Spartacus with a little walrus lip action, which always brings a little chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post

Name:	IMG_9133.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	250.6 KB 
ID:	383639
    We took our drinking buddies to Guanella Pass Brewery Sunday. About 1.5 mi round trip, and only had to carry our boy a block or so.

We saw the vet again Tuesday. He started Duff on blood pressure meds, believing the adrenal tumor is elevating it. His bp was better and he put on a couple of pounds. His energy and coordination are about the same, not great.

Vet was pretty grim. He said Duff might coast for a while at his current state, but could decline sharply anytime.

We’re going to keep making beer runs for as long as he wants to. Just noticed I caught Spartacus with a little walrus lip action, which always brings a little chuckle.

"Do you like to watch gladiator movies?"

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    "Do you like to watch gladiator movies?"
    It's a long story. I used to work with a guy from Brooklyn who would call everyone Spartacus, whether he knew their name or not (Eyyy, what's up there Spartacus?). Flash forward 15 years to the day the shelter manager brought out the new puppy for wife and I to test-walk. I guess he looked like a Spartacus to me.

If you've ever watched the movie, the "I'm Spartacus" scene is a powerful one. A million years ago I saw The Farm start their set opening for Big Audio Dynamite with the "I'm Spartacus" sample from the movie before I'd ever seen it, which peaked my curiosity enough to download it.

I guess I do like to watch at least one gladiator movie (every decade or so).

Name:  9F3856AF-883F-4018-8CF7-5040CCE110F2.jpeg
Views: 200
Size:  123.7 KB

Big hugs to all dog lovers.

Haven’t lost one in a while. But this cartoon made me smile
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    It's a long story. I used to work with a guy from Brooklyn who would call everyone Spartacus, whether he knew their name or not (Eyyy, what's up there Spartacus?). Flash forward 15 years to the day the shelter manager brought out the new puppy for wife and I to test-walk. I guess he looked like a Spartacus to me.

If you've ever watched the movie, the "I'm Spartacus" scene is a powerful one. A million years ago I saw The Farm start their set opening for Big Audio Dynamite with the "I'm Spartacus" sample from the movie before I'd ever seen it, which peaked my curiosity enough to download it.

I guess I do like to watch at least one gladiator movie (every decade or so).
    I see hydraulic turtles.