Page 66 of 85 FirstFirst ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2111
    I lost my sweet GSD, Moab, in the same way. You done good, a life well lived all the way to the end. Condolences. Hope your other pups are doing alright in his absence.

#sad
    Vibes to HTFB family

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

So sorry. Beautiful pup.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Not fun checking in here
    Best to your family HTFB

Just sent our pup into surgery to remove a gland that could potentially be cancerous. Going to be a long day waiting for the news. Send her all your doggie vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Just sent our pup into surgery to remove a gland that could potentially be cancerous. Going to be a long day waiting for the news. Send her all your doggie vibes
    Good luck to everyone. Fingers crossed.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Sorry to hear that Supermoon. Sending vibes and I hope her recovery plan doesn't preclude some special treats.

Thanks everyone. She’s out and doing fine. Now just hoping for negatives on the biopsy. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6569.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	180.5 KB 
ID:	406426

Got a real 80’s aerobics instructor look going on

The pooch with cancer club is full and not accepting any new members!

Good luck team supermoon I'm pulling for your doggo

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    The pooch with cancer club is full and not accepting any new members!

Good luck team supermoon I'm pulling for your doggo

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Thanks HTFB. Hope you all are doing well.

Good luck on the results

Charlie

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	123_1(5) (1).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	199.0 KB 
ID:	415490
    [ pic 2009 ]

not my story to tell.

Charlie helped me meet my friend -

was a great companion to them. and their daughter.
    helped raise two of their sons...

welcomed grandkids - and new dogs to my friend's Family ! ...

and became a full-time spirit...

Name:  123_1019.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  73.9 KB
    [ pic. May 5, 2022. Hank sits with Charlie ]

if our companions are not part of my afterlife,
    my faith will have been false.

Thank you, Charlie !

with great Respect. tj
    Last edited by skiJ; 05-19-2022 at 09:39 PM.

Rock on in peace Ollie

Vibes, Summer

This thread always tears me up

They give us so much it’s immeasurable….

It’s horrible that we don’t get more time with them…

RIP Ollie ++++++…….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Vibes, Summer
    Yup, Iamsorry for your loss Summer.

RIP Ollie.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Thanks all. For some reason TGR felt like a really good place to share Ollie's memory. I don't know who will end up reading this thread over the years, but I think it's good for the world to see and remember all the dogs that we've all loved and who were such important parts of our lives.

Been a couple days now and feeling like I made the best decision for the little guy given how old he was. My wife goes between knowing she did the right thing and thinking there could've been more she should've done.

Keep catching myself saying to our other dog "where's Ollie!" when he gets the zooms. They loved to chase each other around the house. Ah, good memories.
    Ok, now you've gone and done it. I think I might have gotten a little something in my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Attachment 417980

Ollie crossed the rainbow bridge today. It was peaceful and in a beautiful place.

We adopted him from the pound in 2010, not long after we'd moved back from the US. I remember being on a ski trip in NZ when my wife saw him on the pound's website. She made me rush home from the trip so we could get him. When we got to the pound, he was happily running around the place like it was all just some big, fun adventure. And he was right. Life was an adventure that's meant to be enjoyed.

He went everywhere with us. Loved the beach but hated waves. Loved snow so much that he'd jump in snowmelt creeks without thinking about the consequences. Thought he was a big dog until a thunderstorm rolled though. Was absolutely and completely loved for every second of his existence in our family.

I miss you so much mate.
    You'll be missed, Ollie. Sorry for your loss, Summer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Yesterday we lost our old Weim/GSP. 12.5 years, so one helluva good run. Spent much of her life living among the mountains, running her ass off for miles off-leash. Def got the life a neurotic spaz like her required, so she was happy. Weims have a reputation for being "velcro dogs," and she was certainly that. Loyal to a fault and would freak if she wasn't by your side all the time. Obnoxious at times for sure, but also endearing too. Not sure I could recommend the breed mix to most people, but really suited our active lifestyle well when we lived in MT. She used to hate small children when she was young (that prey drive was strong), but ended up being an awesome family dog after some behaviorist sessions and training. Loved to hunt and loved to swim. Have never known a more athletic dog, so it was sad to see her get old. Happens to the best of us, old girl. RIP, Scarlett. Have fun running full speed through the grand mountains of Valhalla.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0711.jpeg 
Views:	63 
Size:	185.6 KB 
ID:	418296

Condolences, montucky-

yours is a Fine tribute to Scarlett !

+++vibes+++ skiJ

I'm sorry, MontuckyFried. It sounds like you basically gave her the Weimaraner dream life though, so good on you for that and I'm sure that she had a wonderful time.

Condolences. A small part of your heart taken away.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Condolences, montucky-

yours is a Fine tribute to Scarlett !

+++vibes+++ skiJ
    Thanks, skiJ. Appreciate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I'm sorry, MontuckyFried. It sounds like you basically gave her the Weimaraner dream life though, so good on you for that and I'm sure that she had a wonderful time.
    Thanks. For sure. She had it pretty good for the breed. Not gonna lie though. I don't know if I could do it again now that I'm getting older, have kids, etc. That dog took an INSANE amount of exercise to be content. She sure kept US in shape trying to keep her needs met tho. Haha. My wife wants another and I told her only way is we ever move out to a ranch or something. Then they can just go bananas. Amazing animals, but I'm still astonished at how much exercise they require. Incredible stamina and power. Also hilarious. Very mischievous. Harry was over having dinner at my place once when she inhaled an entire rack of ribs right off the stove. Being cooked, that could've killed her but apparently she was pretty indestructible also having torn herself open running full tilt through multiple barb wire fences and still didn't GAF. Dog was tough as hell.

She was totally "Marley & Me." Dog was a total pain in my ass for over a decade, but I somehow ended loving the old jerk. She's lucky she was so sweet cause BOY did she piss me off sometimes. Haha. Thankfully she finally slowed down a bit there toward the end which made her SO much more manageable.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Condolences. A small part of your heart taken away.
    Appreciate that. Totally.