Page 49 of 85 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2111
    What a great lady to care for her horse for 20 years. He was a lucky horse for sure. My sincerest condolences to your friend KQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I'm sorry KQ. A friend of mine has a horse that is 30 years old! He looks great for his age and we call him her old man, but we all know that day is coming. She's had him for more than half her life. She still rides him occasionally, but only super easy, short rides. We visited him Saturday and he was pouting because we didn't have any treats for him. She says every day she drives up to his pasture, if she doesn't see him right away, she wonders if that is the day. All we can do is be there for her when it is his time.

I think I got something in my eye.

I have a love/hate relationship with this thread. Every time I see it bump up, I know I have to look. Molly pup is in here, as well as lots of other great ones.

To the folks I have missed, sorry for your loss.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Near random Facebook post got me today..

"I am Ben and I am a Labrador.
    I was 14 1/2.
    Today is my mum’s birthday. She is 61.
    It is also 3 days since my family had to have me put to sleep.
    No great drama. I died as I lived, peacefully and with great spirit.

When Mum was 46 she and my Dad Nigel (who was 39) adopted two puppies.
    Me and Barney.
    She remembers saying that it was a massive thing to do, deciding to share the next fifteen year with us two fluffy attention-demanding greedy scraps.
    We grew into two amazing and gorgeous dogs.
    We were their constant companions. Loving, loyal, sometimes naughty and exasperating, but always loved and adored.
    It has been a really tough week.

I simply decided at 10pm on Monday night that I could not do another walk.
    Mum lay on the floor with me and asked me if I had had enough, if it was time.
    My reply was an earnest look, a nudge of my nose and a gentle lick.
    At the vets on Wednesday morning, I slipped away, my breathing slowing gently and then I was gone.

Mum has shared her life with many dogs. All of them have been amazing. But there was something about my spirit.
    Right from the first moment that I barged my way past my litter mates and demanded her attention.
    I was an anchor for them all.
    An accomplished escape artist, big enough to reach anything inadvertently left on a kitchen worktop, I recently developed the ability to nudge the fridge door open and help myself.

My brother Barney and Mum are sad.
    Bereft.
    She feels totally adrift.
    There are so many happy and funny memories, but her sadness is totally overwhelming her.

Early this morning she took Barney on a walk around the block.
    Even walking one dog instead of two is strange. Her grief is a physical thing.
    Her footsteps are leaden. Her chest feels hollow and tight. Her shoulders hurt. Everything feels heavy.

She keeps reminding herself that I was a happy dog. Telling herself that it is just her thoughts. But still the tears come.

Then just now in the shower she realised. It’s ok to feel sad. It’s ok to feel such a huge sense of loss.
    The loss of my physical presence does not mean that I am not still with her.
    My spirit is all around.
    Her memories, the pictures, our conversations, my brother, still with us, all serve to remind her that everything is ok.
    Remind her of the love I brought into their lives.
    That love is still with them.
    And it is everything.

Death is just part of our existence in the moment. Whether it is a beloved dog or a human. It’s part of a cycle.
    Everything is as it should be.

Last night Mum and Dad went for a walk at a slightly wild beach near where they live, a place that I loved.
    As they pulled up in the car a huge black Labrador with a red collar ran across in front of them. Their hearts skipped a beat.
    Just for a moment Mum couldn’t breathe. It looked like me about 10 years ago.
    It was of course another dog, but his likeness was uncanny.
    It was another reminder. A little message from me. Their lovely boy.

RIP Ben

11 November 2004 to 31 July 2019

Big paws, and a big heart.

I am Ben and I am Dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Near random Facebook post got me today..

"I am Ben and I am a Labrador.
    I was 14 1/2.
    Today is my mum’s birthday. She is 61.
    It is also 3 days since my family had to have me put to sleep.
    No great drama. I died as I lived, peacefully and with great spirit.

When Mum was 46 she and my Dad Nigel (who was 39) adopted two puppies.
    Me and Barney.
    She remembers saying that it was a massive thing to do, deciding to share the next fifteen year with us two fluffy attention-demanding greedy scraps.
    We grew into two amazing and gorgeous dogs.
    We were their constant companions. Loving, loyal, sometimes naughty and exasperating, but always loved and adored.
    It has been a really tough week.

I simply decided at 10pm on Monday night that I could not do another walk.
    Mum lay on the floor with me and asked me if I had had enough, if it was time.
    My reply was an earnest look, a nudge of my nose and a gentle lick.
    At the vets on Wednesday morning, I slipped away, my breathing slowing gently and then I was gone.

Mum has shared her life with many dogs. All of them have been amazing. But there was something about my spirit.
    Right from the first moment that I barged my way past my litter mates and demanded her attention.
    I was an anchor for them all.
    An accomplished escape artist, big enough to reach anything inadvertently left on a kitchen worktop, I recently developed the ability to nudge the fridge door open and help myself.

My brother Barney and Mum are sad.
    Bereft.
    She feels totally adrift.
    There are so many happy and funny memories, but her sadness is totally overwhelming her.

Early this morning she took Barney on a walk around the block.
    Even walking one dog instead of two is strange. Her grief is a physical thing.
    Her footsteps are leaden. Her chest feels hollow and tight. Her shoulders hurt. Everything feels heavy.

She keeps reminding herself that I was a happy dog. Telling herself that it is just her thoughts. But still the tears come.

Then just now in the shower she realised. It’s ok to feel sad. It’s ok to feel such a huge sense of loss.
    The loss of my physical presence does not mean that I am not still with her.
    My spirit is all around.
    Her memories, the pictures, our conversations, my brother, still with us, all serve to remind her that everything is ok.
    Remind her of the love I brought into their lives.
    That love is still with them.
    And it is everything.

Death is just part of our existence in the moment. Whether it is a beloved dog or a human. It’s part of a cycle.
    Everything is as it should be.

Last night Mum and Dad went for a walk at a slightly wild beach near where they live, a place that I loved.
    As they pulled up in the car a huge black Labrador with a red collar ran across in front of them. Their hearts skipped a beat.
    Just for a moment Mum couldn’t breathe. It looked like me about 10 years ago.
    It was of course another dog, but his likeness was uncanny.
    It was another reminder. A little message from me. Their lovely boy.

RIP Ben

11 November 2004 to 31 July 2019

Big paws, and a big heart.

I am Ben and I am Dog."
    Why is it that this kills me but if it were written about a human it wouldn't elicit hardly any emotion?

Oregon Weimaraner Rescue

IN MEMORIAM: We do not generally share these but this one moved us so...

Gustavo, "Gus," Klinkner passed peacefully after a courageous battle with trying to be a good boy.

Born pure bread and all weim, he spent his first few years in and out of foster care as he simply outgrew the hearts of well-meaning humans.

In 2011, he met the Klinkners and knew that finally someone understood: he wasn't a bad dog, he was just really hungry.

Proving an old dog actually can learn new tricks, Gus spent the better half of his life exploring the joys of being canine. He mastered total pillow domination, and the art of morphing to the exact dimensions of a king-sized bed. He learned to take the lid off the food bin, the lid off the garbage can, and the lid off the Tupperware container with the cinnamon rolls inside. He helped around the house by clearing and washing the dishes, even when people weren't done eating. And he helped his owners with their weight-loss journey by clearing the counter of a pizza, an entire chicken, a pan of enchiladas, and a half-sheet birthday cake (it was not his birthday.) He couldn't sit, shake, speak, or roll over . . . but he could lap whipped cream straight from the can and had a masterful disappearing act whenever he heard the bath water running.

Gus took seriously his call to protect and serve. He never let a doorbell ring without his direct intervention, always warned the neighborhood when the winds were high, and restricted the squirrels to a designated tree line. He knew to never trust a solicitor in a suit or people who exercise in padded spandex. He daily inspected the foundation of the house by digging a six foot hole, and protected his family from any potential suffocation by removing the stuffing from every comforter they ever owned.

Gus loved deeply, snored loudly, and always let you know exactly what he was thinking. His affection for his people was as intense as his affection for their hamburgers.

Gus is survived by a headless stuffed bunny, a rattle snake sans squeakers, a de-stuffed fox, and a heartbroken family that just wishes they would have remembered to give him the last piece of bacon this morning.

The day Gus's former owner handed him off to the Klinkners, she sighed deeply and said, "I think I told you all the bad things about him." However, she failed to mention that he was in fact the very best bad dog to ever have lived.

In lieu of flowers, Gus's family is requesting that you spend this week eating the donuts, sharing the bacon, and making room on the bed. And most importantly, spend all of your days giving second chances. Because two-legged or four everyone deserves to be loved to their fullest potential.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

shouldn't have clicked here.. It's a year tomorrow since we lost out Gus.

Said goodbye to Sadie on Sunday.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sadie ready.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	295148

The pain from the cancer in her throat, lungs and spine became too much and she let me know it was time.

Name:	last day.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	295146

There was no rabbit or squirrel too fast (she killed a few),

Name:	squirrel looking.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	295132

no porcupine too pointy (she got a face-full of quills 3 times. Here she is after quill extraction with pliers...and a cheeseburger),

Name:	afterporcupine.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	295134

no frog too slippery (she would catch them and spit them out),

Name:	frog hunting.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	167.0 KB 
ID:	295135

no kid too annoying,

Name:	on beds.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	295136

Name:	stick wrestling.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	295137

Name:	stick chewing.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	295138

Name:	dexpat.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	295139

Name:	sharingquesadilla.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	958.7 KB 
ID:	295149

Name:	astronautjedi.jpg 
Size:	905.6 KB 
ID:	295141

and no snow too deep for that dog,

Name:	sadie deep.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	295142

Name:	snow face.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	973.4 KB 
ID:	295143

Name:	tail snorkel.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	376.6 KB 
ID:	295144

even when she was old and grey and full of tumors.

Name:	insniktrack.jpg 
Size:	806.9 KB 
ID:	295145

No one ever loved me as much as that dog and I reckon no one ever will. Thanks buddy.

Name:	sun set.jpg 
Size:	938.8 KB 
ID:	295147
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	53 
Size:	956.1 KB 
ID:	295140  

Sadie looks like she was a really good girl. Sorry man.

Looks like Sadie had a great life and a person that really loved her. That is all any of us can hope for. I am really sorry for your loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I'm sorry dude.
    My guy is gonna be 11 around the new year and I'm having puppy fantasies and it makes me feel a little guilty because my flatmate and I both have a couple old dogs and one of them would have to die......and her hips suck.
    But come ooooooooon. A little blue eyed red husky named Zoey (closest female equivalent to my late brother's name) would be awesome. Then again, it's hot here in the summer.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Sorry to read this ISBD. I recall a few of these pics from the doggie stoke thread, great stuff. RIP Sadie.

It's just a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

Oregon Weimaraner Rescue

Gustavo, "Gus," Klinkner passed peacefully after a courageous battle with trying to be a good boy.

Born pure bread and all weim, he spent his first few years in and out of foster care as he simply outgrew the hearts of well-meaning humans.

In 2011, he met the Klinkners and knew that finally someone understood: he wasn't a bad dog, he was just really hungry.

Proving an old dog actually can learn new tricks, Gus spent the better half of his life exploring the joys of being canine. He mastered total pillow domination, and the art of morphing to the exact dimensions of a king-sized bed. He learned to take the lid off the food bin, the lid off the garbage can, and the lid off the Tupperware container with the cinnamon rolls inside. He helped around the house by clearing and washing the dishes, even when people weren't done eating. And he helped his owners with their weight-loss journey by clearing the counter of a pizza, an entire chicken, a pan of enchiladas, and a half-sheet birthday cake (it was not his birthday.) He couldn't sit, shake, speak, or roll over . . . but he could lap whipped cream straight from the can and had a masterful disappearing act whenever he heard the bath water running.

Gus took seriously his call to protect and serve. He never let a doorbell ring without his direct intervention, always warned the neighborhood when the winds were high, and restricted the squirrels to a designated tree line. He knew to never trust a solicitor in a suit or people who exercise in padded spandex. He daily inspected the foundation of the house by digging a six foot hole, and protected his family from any potential suffocation by removing the stuffing from every comforter they ever owned.

Gus loved deeply, snored loudly, and always let you know exactly what he was thinking. His affection for his people was as intense as his affection for their hamburgers.

Gus is survived by a headless stuffed bunny, a rattle snake sans squeakers, a de-stuffed fox, and a heartbroken family that just wishes they would have remembered to give him the last piece of bacon this morning.

The day Gus's former owner handed him off to the Klinkners, she sighed deeply and said, "I think I told you all the bad things about him." However, she failed to mention that he was in fact the very best bad dog to ever have lived.

In lieu of flowers, Gus's family is requesting that you spend this week eating the donuts, sharing the bacon, and making room on the bed. And most importantly, spend all of your days giving second chances. Because two-legged or four everyone deserves to be loved to their fullest potential.
    OMG, sounds like a book is coming. Gus sounds like he landed in the right spot.

Sorry to see the news about Sadie, B...

She was a great dog/friend. RIP Sadie
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post

The pain from the cancer in her throat, lungs and spine became too much and she let me know it was time.

no porcupine too pointy (she got a face-full of quills 3 times. Here she is after quill extraction with pliers...and a cheeseburger),

no kid too annoying,

No one ever loved me as much as that dog and I reckon no one ever will. Thanks buddy.

Great tribute - Thanks for posting...

and

Sincere condolences...

wishing you peace . tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Looks like she enjoyed a great life. Sorry for your loss
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

BD you and your family gave her a great life.

Godspeed, Sadie.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

Oregon Weimaraner Rescue

I cried

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My dog is gonna be 11 in 3 or 4 months. He's gonna live forever, right?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post

no kid too annoying,

Welp this is like the 37th time Ive shed a tear for the loss of someones dog, having neiter met the owner nor the pooch, because of this thread.

So sorry ISBD.... Sadie lived her best life with you withoutadoubt
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

RIP all the good dogs.

RIP Sadie
    Peace to your fam, ISBD

Not my shot, but glad Bailey rested in another place that she loved.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Could literally watch this all day. So funny.

https://twitter.com/AaronMicron/stat...018788352?s=20